Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!......

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think it's pretty clear that you just didn't want a Type-R, or anything of that performance category.
really love how you think you know what other people really want. didn't realize you are a mind reader.

we get you NEED "hey look at me" wings on your cars (your profile picture is clear evidence of that) but ignoring other options because they "aren't a type R" is just silly, got news for you buddy, the fastest civics in the world aren't type R's, they are modded regular civics. Also it's extremely common place to save the money on the factory upgraded suspension and performance parts and instead put that money into aftermarket parts that perform better.
Sponsored

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, AP2
Country flag
At first I thought that Honda lost its mind with such a wing, then I realized that Honda released this -by 90 standards- massive wing attached to an engineering gem 23 years ago:

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... DC2-Type-R-rear

So, f**k it if somebody thinks ricer or whatever internet meme from Hondhaters, this Civic TypeR is Honda coming back to its roots

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
Now you know why I didn’t buy one
Trolling much. I have no issue with folks who want this spoiler but to assume CTR owners are only after the ricer affect is misguided. There's much more to the car than the spoiler.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Trolling much. I have no issue with folks who want this spoiler but to assume CTR owners are only after the ricer affect is misguided. There's much more to the car than the spoiler.
All I’m saying is that the car is an impressive car on a performance standpoint. But the looks seem to be aimed at a certain type of group. Not all people like that race car look. Some people just want the performance but with a sleeker look. I think this lowered spoiler would be a good option that the dealer could provide. Even the rims could’ve been a little smaller in my opinion. But again it’s a matter of opinion. If they would’ve had a hatchback sport with the 2.0 turbo, I would’ve bought that one and dealt with not having a sunroof. I really think as far as looks alone for the hatchbacks, the sport is the nicest looking one. And of course the best performance is the type R.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All I’m saying is that the car is an impressive car on a performance standpoint. But the looks seem to be aimed at a certain type of group. Not all people like that race car look. Some people just want the performance but with a sleeker look. I think this lowered spoiler would be a good option that the dealer could provide.
Absolutely agree. The more options - the better. If I could afford a CTR, one of my first mods would be a spoiler delete. I'm over-the-hill and have no desire to pull up to my office building in that. Then again, my wing is better than the stock CTR spoiler or the duck bill. :p (Need to still paint it silver though....)

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_1990.JPG

Last edited:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Absolutely agree. The more options - the better. If I could afford a CTR, one of my first mods would be a spoiler delete. I'm over-the-hill and have no desire to pull up to my office building in that. Then again, my wing is better than the stock CTR spoiler or the duck bill. :p (Need to still paint it silver though....)

IMG_1990.JPG
I think it actually looks good black :respect:

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
At first I thought that Honda lost its mind with such a wing, then I realized that Honda released this -by 90 standards- massive wing attached to an engineering gem 23 years ago:

DC2-Type-R-rear.jpg

So, f**k it if somebody thinks ricer or whatever internet meme from Hondhaters, this Civic TypeR is Honda coming back to its roots

There is nothing wrong with big spoilers, but if you look at the type r compared to other big wing cars it defiantly has a racer boy feel to it with all the other exterior bells and whistles (red trim, vents galore, very edgy lines, big a$$ spoiler on top of the hatch spoiler lol). Its not to hard to believe that the type r could turn away an older market that doesn’t want to be so flashy when driving around.
Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... 8BFCA84F-79E2-40E0-A187-620B6AD818AC

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... B420DA4B-33E7-4A1D-9A00-3E1467175A67

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All installed today. Took about an hour figuring out what to remove and in what order. More details to follow of fitting etc. Her are some photos for your enjoyment....

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_2048

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_3531

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_6681

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_0375

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_3174

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All installed today. Took about an hour figuring out what to remove and in what order. More details to follow of fitting etc. Her are some photos for your enjoyment....

Stephen

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg
That looks great Stephen.

I recently installed an aftermarket "duck bill" spoiler on my hatch and I happen to like this subtle upgrade alot.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
That looks great Stephen.

I recently installed an aftermarket "duck bill" spoiler on my hatch and I happen to like this subtle upgrade alot.

Duckbill looks good.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag

Stephen

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg
Looks great. Would love to see it on a PMM FK8. Is it a direct swap for the FK8 wing?

How intrusive is it in the rear view mirror? One thing I love about the FK8 wing is that it's completely out of sight while driving.

Have any side or front angle shots? Would love to see how it looks with the lines of the car.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
This isn't going to work for the Type-R due to attachment points. You'll have 2 holes on each side of your lift gate and have to deal with that also once you removed the OEM wing.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Looks great. Would love to see it on a PMM FK8. Is it a direct swap for the FK8 wing?

How intrusive is it in the rear view mirror? One thing I love about the FK8 wing is that it's completely out of sight while driving.

Have any side or front angle shots? Would love to see how it looks with the lines of the car.
This is most definitely not a direct swap. Look at where the wing is placed.

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag

Stephen
Wow great work!

So this replaces the gloss black hatch spoiler? Or do you drill into it to attach it?

Could you get some photos of it further back showing the whole car?

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All I’m saying is that the car is an impressive car on a performance standpoint. But the looks seem to be aimed at a certain type of group. Not all people like that race car look. Some people just want the performance but with a sleeker look. I think this lowered spoiler would be a good option that the dealer could provide. Even the rims could’ve been a little smaller in my opinion. But again it’s a matter of opinion. If they would’ve had a hatchback sport with the 2.0 turbo, I would’ve bought that one and dealt with not having a sunroof. I really think as far as looks alone for the hatchbacks, the sport is the nicest looking one. And of course the best performance is the type R.
I think you are forgetting that all the aero on the Type R is functional and that the reason the wing is so "large" is because it provides down force. To dismiss the car just because of a spoiler is ludicrous, I didn't know how I felt about it at first but having owned a Type R for almost a year I can tell you the spoiler grows on you and this "spoiler deletes" or smaller wings just take away from the cars appearance and also its overall performance.
Sponsored