Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!......

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I had arrive from Honda UK via Belgium, 2 of the new lower 'toned down' Type R boot spoilers that have been seen on the pre production 2020 Type R on various auto news sites etc.

I order a Sonic Grey Pearl for my FK7 and a Polished Metal Metallic for a customer of mine. First impressions out of the box is that is a very nice design and easy(ism) to install as no drilling is going to be required.

Also of interesting note is on the underside of the spoiler there are some 'vortex' fins. I predict that these are of actual use and not just for looks as all library photos I have seen these details have not been obviously apparent.

I will be installing mine over the next couple of days as well as wiring up my rear foglight to go with my Mugen rear lamps. Why take the same parts off twice?

More information and photos etc to come very soon.

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_2167

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_3548

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_4961

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_5587

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_7107

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... IMG_5677

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm... body-colored. Can you check to see if they make one in Championship White?

Can’t wait to see your installed photos.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't understand it. If I had an R, I would never get rid of oem spoiler. This will really make it look like a grocery getter.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I think that’s gonna look a lot better. The big wing, in my opinion, has always been an eye sore on the R. The rest of the car looks great, but the factory wing is just too much. Look forward to seeing it installed.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Without the large wing on the type R it just looks like a Civic sport. After owning my R for almost a year I still look at it and think that without the larger wing it wouldn't look as good. I've grown to love the large wing and how much more aggressive it makes the car look.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I think that’s gonna look a lot better. The big wing, in my opinion, has always been an eye sore on the R. The rest of the car looks great, but the factory wing is just too much. Look forward to seeing it installed.
Spoken like someone who doesn't own an R.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Without the large wing on the type R it just looks like a Civic sport. After owning my R for almost a year I still look at it and think that without the larger wing it wouldn't look as good. I've grown to love the large wing and how much more aggressive it makes the car look.
Nothing worse than guys with regular Type Rs who remove their rear wing trying to make their car look like a fake Sport HB.
:doh:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I wouldn't replace the OEM wing either, but this looks interesting for those that want another option. Visually, you're going to lose the rake that the original spoiler brings but it will also generate a lot less hate.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Maybe due to its big wing and boy-racer looks?
Because people only buy it for it's big wing and boy-racer looks?

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because people only buy it for it's big wing and boy-racer looks?
Thats why I bought it! Not because it is the first Type R to be released in America, or the fact that the car has 300+ HP but solely because I want to have a huge spoiler on the back that screams look at me! :rolleyes: :p o_O