nw131128

First Name
Nydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Country flag
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here and I'm looking to purchase a 2019 civic hatchback LX or EX.

Now I got an offer of 20K OTD for a 2019 civic hatchback LX, in NJ.

Could anyone please tell me if this is a good deal? Thank you very much!
Sponsored

lo-fo

First Name
j.lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hb sport
Country flag
A complete new car buying noob here and I was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on roughly what I should be looking to pay OTD for a 2020 Civic HB Sport Touring with CVT in Northern California?

I'll be putting $10k down and my credit should get me their lowest rates. But I see people paying $27K before taxes and based on the MSRP, that's a damn good deal and I've no idea how to end up with a similar outcome. Currently I have budgeted for the full MSRP of the car to be safe and while I don't mind the payments, every bit I can knock off monthly is a big help. Or the more i can get for my money is good too if package deals are commonly added to sweeten the pot.

Should I be trying to leverage their use of Honda financing to get me deals?

Is it just a matter of when you buy to get the best discounts? I intend to buy in March when my current car is fully sold (buyer is making payments right now).

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to take a stab at it.
Paid just over $26k out the door w/Honda financing (didn't put any money down because of a good %). 2020 Hatchback Sport CVT SGP

ProfBrown

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen
Country flag
I have been skimming this thread for pricing so that I know where I will likely be standing when it is time for me to make the switch to a Civic. I am looking at the Civic Hatch Sport Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl in the So Cal area. Looking to get CVT unless I just can't find this spec in this color, I would be fine with manual, or maybe white. What are the chances of out the door at 27k with the listed specs? 2020 model year, likely around June/July-ish time? I will possibly have a trade in at the time, and a good credit score of course.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
I have been skimming this thread for pricing so that I know where I will likely be standing when it is time for me to make the switch to a Civic. I am looking at the Civic Hatch Sport Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl in the So Cal area. Looking to get CVT unless I just can't find this spec in this color, I would be fine with manual, or maybe white. What are the chances of out the door at 27k with the listed specs? 2020 model year, likely around June/July-ish time? I will possibly have a trade in at the time, and a good credit score of course.
If you do manage to get $27k out the door, I may need to make a trip to socal for my purchase lol. that sounds tough to get in Califrnia, not the color package but the price.

ProfBrown

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you do manage to get $27k out the door, I may need to make a trip to socal for my purchase lol. that sounds tough to get in Califrnia, not the color package but the price.
What is the average running price for that spec OTD if you had to guess? Msrp is listed for the 2020 at the dealer I would likely shop at, but the car is a manual (right color and hatchback) at 27,208 plus or minus 200 bucks.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What is the average running price for that spec OTD if you had to guess? Msrp is listed for the 2020 at the dealer I would likely shop at, but the car is a manual (right color and hatchback) at 27,208 plus or minus 200 bucks.
From what another user showed me here were what the cars in my area were selling for before taxes and fees, and it looked like at best I might be able to get them down to $27k before taxes and fees for a CVT hatchback sport touring. So out the door at $27k sounds like it would require a silver tongue and maybe settling on a 2019 instead? Going with manual will save you a further $800 so possible for you 26.2K before taxes and fees.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ProfBrown

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From what another user showed me here were what the cars in my area were selling for before taxes and fees, and it looked like at best I might be able to get them down to $27k before taxes and fees for a CVT hatchback sport touring. So out the door at $27k sounds like it would require a silver tongue and maybe settling on a 2019 instead? Going with manual will save you a further $800 so possible for you 26.2K before taxes and fees.
Gotcha. Good to note. I assumed there was wiggle room it I didn’t know how much. I will also be a college grad at the time, so another $500 off there as they still have that bonus listed on the site. Just trying to get my numbers in a row so I know where I’ll be standing when time comes to a me the switch from my 15 golf tdi wagon. I’ll miss the better mpg with driving more, but the updated interior and tech while also not being a German car I think my wallet long term will be happier lol.

ProfBrown

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go here and enter your zip code to see what the sport touring has been selling for in your area. These prices are before taxes and fees.
http://www.carquotes.com/new-prices/honda/civic-hatchback/2020/sport-touring-cvt
Yeah the Temecula dealer I’d be looking at (DCH Temecula) is already posting them under invoice cost on their site which is funky. Even for 2020 model years. 2019-2020 nothing changed so the prices are about the same for this spec of civic hatch. They have two identical hatches in the right color and manual like I said listed for 27,208. Msrp for 28,980, with 1,772 in savings. This dealer moves a ton on cars it would seem so they can be a bit cheaper. Another local Honda dealer in Hemet has prices like 2-3k higher for the same spec cars (not necessarily this exact spec since they don’t even have any sport touring hatches one their lot).

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha. Good to note. I assumed there was wiggle room it I didn’t know how much. I will also be a college grad at the time, so another $500 off there as they still have that bonus listed on the site. Just trying to get my numbers in a row so I know where I’ll be standing when time comes to a me the switch from my 15 golf tdi wagon. I’ll miss the better mpg with driving more, but the updated interior and tech while also not being a German car I think my wallet long term will be happier lol.
Yeah better to have a rough range to aim for. And since you intend to buy around July it's possible you'll get some good financing options too. Using Honda finance is another good bargaining chip. And my family has gone through three different Honda's financed through Honda without any regrets.

ProfBrown

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah better to have a rough range to aim for. And since you intend to buy around July it's possible you'll get some good financing options too. Using Honda finance is another good bargaining chip. And my family has gone through three different Honda's financed through Honda without any regrets.
Honda financing depending on rates will be my first or second choice. I use a credit union and their rates are usually good, but it Honda goes sub 1% I’d be stupid to pay more just to have the banking all in one spot.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda financing depending on rates will be my first or second choice. I use a credit union and their rates are usually good, but it Honda goes sub 1% I’d be stupid to pay more just to have the banking all in one spot.
That is my situation as well. I really would prefer my credit union, but financing with Honda at the right time could both get you better rates as well as room to haggle on the out the door price or even adding extended warranty for cheap.

ProfBrown

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is my situation as well. I really would prefer my credit union, but financing with Honda at the right time could both get you better rates as well as room to haggle on the out the door price or even adding extended warranty for cheap.
This is also a bonus. I will be doing about 35k a year. So I might get the extended warranty just in case. I was looking at the insight, but I’m scared of a hybrid from any auto maker and resale tends to be poor plus lack of power and space compared to the hatchback civic. So hatchback it is.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is also a bonus. I will be doing about 35k a year. So I might get the extended warranty just in case. I was looking at the insight, but I’m scared of a hybrid from any auto maker and resale tends to be poor plus lack of power and space compared to the hatchback civic. So hatchback it is.
It may not be a popular opinion but personally with the current battery technology, I wouldn't touch a hybrid with a ten foot pole or a full electric car. Not until we get more stable chemistry in those battery cells and something that doesn't cost $10000 to replace in the future. I agree with your decision to avoid it lol.

zoomercivic

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Ex Sonic Grey
Country flag
Just got a 2020 Civic hatchback ex in Sonic Gray for $21,500 sale price and $24,000 OTD. Think I got a unbeatable deal since I live in Bay Area and the taxes and fees were %9.5 and a couple hundred for the doc and gov registration fees.
Sponsored