Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Is this gap normal?

MVIMG_20191116_083841.jpg
No. You should be able to simply push it down into place, however your custom center console pieces might be preventing it from locking into place.

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Is it possible for there to be broken clips here? When pushing down, nothing seems to catch it. And my center armrest leather does NOT seem to be interfering.

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Also, I have not had anything done to this part of the dash. Could getting the windshield replaced affected this atall?

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Is it possible for there to be broken clips here? When pushing down, nothing seems to catch it. And my center armrest leather does NOT seem to be interfering.
It's quite possible there is a broken clip, luckily it's not an expensive part to replace. You can pull straight up on it to remove the bottom section to check if there's a broken clip. Here's a part link if you need a new one:
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~garn~assy~nh900l~77293-tba-a01za.html

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Ok, thanks I'll take a look sometime soon. Hopefully nothing broke.

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Upon closer inspection this is the lower part and not the upper pieces, so I can't just lift it off to check. I would have to disassemble that whole area.

So I'm just going to have my body shop take a look at it, I'd rather not risk breaking it.

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Can someone show a pic of theirs from the same angle?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Can someone show a pic of theirs from the same angle?
Mine is fully and securely assembled with no broken clips, loose parts, or rattles. I've taken it apart myself several times for shifter upgrades and other interior work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is this gap normal? IMG_20191224_074245

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Mine is fully and securely assembled with no broken clips, loose parts, or rattles. I've taken it apart myself several times for shifter upgrades and other interior work.

IMG_20191224_074245.jpg

So the gap is the same then? This is the main rattle/creak in my car now that I fixed most of the other ones..

Does it not flex down at all when you push down on it by the cup holder side?

Spacesloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
That gap is normal, there is nothing clipping it in. I’ve pulled that entire area apart, the section is designed to flex with body movement. Next time you’re driving stick your fingers between the two parts and you can feel it move a little over road imperfections. As far as the creaking are you sure it isn’t the gloss black piece by the shifter, I had an issue with that creaking when it got cold.

OP
OP
Vrait

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
That gap is normal, there is nothing clipping it in. I’ve pulled that entire area apart, the section is designed to flex with body movement. Next time you’re driving stick your fingers between the two parts and you can feel it move a little over road imperfections. As far as the creaking are you sure it isn’t the gloss black piece by the shifter, I had an issue with that creaking when it got cold.
That could be it. Thanks, I'll just live with the creaking then.
Sponsored