Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020, BMW 528i 2000
Country flag
Where to begin?
I can't believe I am actually driving a Civic again. A 2020 Si Coupe at that! I said I would never get a Honda after my 1996 Red Coupe was stolen from me at some mall in PA back in 2014. That 96 Civic was passed down to me and was in my family since 97. Not only did it get us through tough times and such, it was put together by my father and I after it was nearly totaled. When I saw the car, stripped at the scrap yard, my dad and I looked back and let it go for good. We had no way of restoring it again...as much as we wanted to. I got myself a 2000 BMW 528i a few years prior, which became my one and only till recently.

Fast forward to a October 2019. I had to retire the BMW and search for something again (323k miles). It will be restored eventually, but for now it is sitting in my family's garage.
Great, I caught the Honda itch, after telling myself I wouldn't ever get one again. Didn't matter really, I wouldn't stop researching about the previous gens (8th 9th & 10th) and so it began!

I came across quite a few used dealerships, Carvana and a bunch of online "maybes". Here I am searching all day and night for a damn Civic! It had to be an Si no less. I kept seeing lots of Black & White ones with a few Blues and Greys. Then I saw a 2015 Si, Red. Well damn, it hit home right there! I had to go see it. Took my gf (Crazy knowledgeable about cars and drives a pretty sweet ride/s) with me to see and evaluate everything.

1st Civic - 2015 Si Red

Was a no go. First thing that we noticed was the Nissan Rims! wtf? So many mishaps with that one, I'm just gonna keep it short and say it was a flop. Couldn't even test drive it.

2nd Civic - 2017 Si (Or was it?) Red.

We get to the used dealership, and it was pretty chill inside. The dealer came and sat us down before taking us on a test drive. Immediately felt the underpower of the car. Didn't feel quite right at all, but the interior and everything else was looking descent still. Upon getting inside, he presents us with the carfax. My girl looked over it and noticed a major accident that the guy tried to pass off as small. I then check the Vin and I shit you not...it was an EX-T! Yea no go for this one...

3rd Civic - 2019 Si Black @ Honda Dealership

Right after the 2nd Civic we went to the dealer ship to check out this preowned 2019 Si. The one manager there came to us right away to help us out. Pointed us to the preowned department, but not before telling us "You go check out that used 19, but then you come back here and I am gonna get you into a 2020 for a similar price". Laughed in my head and walked off to see the 2019. Very short lived, since they didn't have it. Old listing on the site which was not updated. Awesome!

Mr Manager comes to us once again and gets one of the dealers to show us the 2020 Si (The type R was boss!) She really worked with us and we went out for a test drive. Here I am, not planning to buy a new car, BUT I was not leaving without test driving it. They brought out the Blue Si and I was blown the hell away immediately! Looks like I was shopping for a new car after all :dunno:
Once we got back to the office, it was time to talk details. In short, I got it for $25,500 out the door. Not only that...I was getting the RED 2020 Si Coupe! The only one left in the lot. FACK! :spaz:
When I saw them pulling up with the car, 7 miles only, red...freaking RED man. Hit home hard! I couldn't believe that I was a new owner of a Civic once again. Thoughts about the old 96 came back and the only word to mind was redemption....the second I placed my hands on that steering wheel, I was the happiest person in the world. My pops got to check the car out that night and that is when he said this to me:

"Man, that day when I saw that little Civic, stripped and I couldn't do nothing about it, I looked back one more time, and felt like I wanted to cry.
The memories of you and your brother in the car when we took those long trips, and everything else that car helped us get through.
Now here you are with this new one...it's more than just a car"

I hope to hear some stories from you all.
This forum has been very helpful to me already.

Thank you

Estilo

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your story? Here's mine. 20191113_163001

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your story? Here's mine. 20191113_163019

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your story? Here's mine. 20191114_210911

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reminds me of my wife's red 97 ex coupe. Bought it in December 2014 with 100,000 mi. Wife got into a wreck September 2017. Bent the frame on the left front. Had pit 30,000 mi. In those 3 years, great, fun and reliable. Miss that car.
Had that car and my 99 hatch in 2016 when i went to see and test drive a red ext coupe. Man, was it beautiful! And the technology had really come a long way since 99. I did have a new 09 crv for aboyt a year or so, so some of the features were familiar. So during the test drive, i new very shortly that I had to have it. Didn't need 3 cars but I'm glad I got it. Car is beautiful, sexy, sporty, and still gets noticed by other drivers.
After you break it in, get Ktuner or Hondata for it. I never had a tuned car and was worried but it's well worth it.
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my story. I was born a long, long time ago in a hospital. When I was young, I... oh wait, you want my Honda story... oops... ;)

OK here is a fact, I'm way older than most CivicX peeps. Back in my ancient times, Japanese cars were not held in high esteem by many. In the early 80's I enjoyed tooling around in my '79 Trans Am. But, that thing was unreliable as hell. And with my subscriptions to C&D and R&T I kept reading about how much better Hondas were getting. In 1984, I bought my first Honda, a little red CRX. That little thing was a blast to drive.

A few years later I upgraded that to an '87 Integra and followed that car with a '94 Civic sedan. I was fully in on being a Honda fanatic. Then a funny thing happened. I got married, had a family and I bought a 2002 Elantra GT hatch. Money was tighter and there was something about that SAAB lookalike Hyundai that had me intrigued. So I took a chance on Hyundai and it was a great car for me. I liked it so much, I started the ElantraClub forum/site. In 2010 I bought another Korean car, a Forte SX. That car, with it's 2.4 engine was surprisingly fun and reliable.

In 2017, I was torn between getting an Elantra Sport or 10th gen Civic turbo. Ultimately I came back to Honda and am glad I did. This is my first Honda without a manual and the CVT is better than expected. I love this car with the exception of the beautiful but incredibly soft paint. And I can't wait to see what Honda has in store for the 11th gen.

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Previous '99 Civic EX owner, purchased used in December 2004 with 101k miles on it. Two years ago, I misused it (floored it in low RPM's) because I literally didn't know any better. Blew spark plugs, and did other things to the engine that caused seemingly irreversible harm (it couldn't deliver any power anymore, shook a lot for a year... some very weird things). I think I ended up with about 225k on it.

Did research for the next year, registered to these forums, and learned a lot about stick-shift driving that I didn't know for thirteen years. That way, when purchasing a 2019 Civic Si brand new, I took the proper precautions to try and not fuck up a brand new car.

Before I purchased it though, I researched vehicles and which ones were still MT these days. When I looked up Honda, I wanted to know what its most expensive Civic was and if it was an MT; there was the Type R which wasn't for me, and there was the Touring which wasn't MT. That's where I landed on the Si. Did my research, did my test drives, and fell in love with the thing. Didn't like the rear vents (still don't love them), but eventually I'll poke holes into the thing and make them both "functional and fashionable."

Anyway, it's still a big work in progress now that I'm going to add a CAI, Intercooler, change out the fog lights to LED (which I've had for a year heh) and get ceramic coating on the thing, but when that's all good I will be the happiest owner out there. In other words, my story is still developing.

I'm 31 years old, by the way.

Last edited:

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Good story! I love reading the emotional connections people forge with cars.

This is actually my first Civic but I've owned many many Hondas and Acuras over the years. My first new car fresh out of college was a 2001 Honda Prelude 5spd. which I still regret trading in a couple of years later for a Nissan Maxima! I've also had a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6MT in San Marino Red, a 2010 Acura TSX 6MT in Crystal Black Pearl, a 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech in Bellanova White Pearl, and most recently until the Civic Si I have now - a 2014 Acura TSX Tech that is now my other half's car/our shared family car. I've had BMWs, Nissans, Toyotas, and Cadillacs between some of those but have always seemed to come back to Honda-Acura s my preferred brand. I'm also glad I waited until 2020 for the refreshed Si as I almost bought a 2019 last year. I plan to buy an AP2 S2000 sometime late this Summer as my 'fun only' car.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's my story. I was born a long, long time ago in a hospital. When I was young, I... oh wait, you want my Honda story... oops... ;)

OK here is a fact, I'm way older than most CivicX peeps. Back in my ancient times, Japanese cars were not held in high esteem by many. In the early 80's I enjoyed tooling around in my '79 Trans Am. But, that thing was unreliable as hell. And with my subscriptions to C&D and R&T I kept reading about how much better Hondas were getting. In 1984, I bought my first Honda, a little red CRX. That little thing was a blast to drive.

A few years later I upgraded that to an '87 Integra and followed that car with a '94 Civic sedan. I was fully in on being a Honda fanatic. Then a funny thing happened. I got married, had a family and I bought a 2002 Elantra GT hatch. Money was tighter and there was something about that SAAB lookalike Hyundai that had me intrigued. So I took a chance on Hyundai and it was a great car for me. I liked it so much, I started the ElantraClub forum/site. In 2010 I bought another Korean car, a Forte SX. That car, with it's 2.4 engine was surprisingly fun and reliable.

In 2017, I was torn between getting an Elantra Sport or 10th gen Civic turbo. Ultimately I came back to Honda and am glad I did. This is my first Honda without a manual and the CVT is better than expected. I love this car with the exception of the beautiful but incredibly soft paint. And I can't wait to see what Honda has in store for the 11th gen.
Not long, long ago? Shirley you jest.:)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Not long, long ago? Shirley you jest.:)
To show you how ancient, the cost of a first class stamp was 4 cents when I was born. And I actually have bought a burger, fries and a Coke at McDonald's, handed the cashier a $1 bill and got change back. I've also paid less than 30 cents a gallon for gas. Yep.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To show you how ancient, the cost of a first class stamp was 4 cents when I was born. And I actually have bought a burger, fries and a Coke at McDonald's, handed the cashier a $1 bill and got change back. I've also paid less than 30 cents a gallon for gas. Yep.
:eek: I'm 61, 62 in a couple of months actually. Time flies.
I can remember cutting lawns at 12, and gas was .33 per gal. Ah, the good old days.

OP
OP
EstiloinAction

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your stories.
I remember when gas was 1.xx.

I'm gonna go for the ktuner after hearing good things about it. I've never tuned a car as well.

MomokaFC1

First Name
Steven Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's my Honda Story!

During childhood, I lived in two different homes. Actually, many more than just two. You see, my parents are divorced and my mom has had trouble finding the right person to be with and the right place to stay. Her boyfriend while I was in Elementary school, and basically for as long as I could remember at that time, owned a black EM1 Civic EX. He tracked the car, and did extensive modifications to it. It's easy to say that this is where I fell in love with Honda. I remember the excitement I got when he would lay down the throttle and VTEC would kick in. The kid in me is still fascinated by the boost. I still want to own one of these in the future; maybe as a project car when I have an actual garage and extra money.

Without going into too much detail; my mom had a kid with this guy; my half brother whom I care for dearly. He cheated, and my mom was living in many different places after that.

Fast forward to 2014. Just graduated High School and just started looking into learning how to drive. I wanted to avoid driver's ed classes, and I was also very lazy. During High School, I had a fixed gear bike and rode around San Diego with my friends. We went literally everywhere with our bikes, some rides so long I look back and question how we did it. My dad and grandparents decided to get a Used car for me to use. A 2002 Honda Accord V6 LX. They got RIPPED OFF by the dealership they bought it from but I couldn't complain about that. It was my car and then it wasn't, because my dad also owned a 1997 Toyota Tercel. It was a 5 speed and this is where I really learned how to drive manual.

One day I came home with my friend and asked my dad for the keys to the Tercel. I was determined to learn how to drive manual and didn't come home until I got it down. It only took a couple hours in the parking lot of the Morman Church but I did it, and basically... my dad traded cars with me.

Fast forward to 2018. Developed bad habits. Not really making any good moves in my life. Have a girlfriend who lives here in the bay area. Decided the best move was to leave San Diego for good. I was originally going to take the Tercel up here with me but the night before I left I blew the motor. My dad was pissed, but that car represented a lot of bad things in my life. My divorced parents. My drug addiction. My recklessness and indecisiveness all seeped out of that car. I'm glad it's gone. I was originally going to be left carless, but I ended up getting the Accord. It was supposed to be mine in the first place... but yeah. Let's just say, I got more than I deserved from them.

Fast forward to 2019. My relationship is in shambles. Living together is a chore and I'm letting my car fall into disrepair. I loved that Accord, but it ate gas and drove like a boat. It eventually started having issues with the transmission. The engine would constantly rev over 3k at idle, and hang revs for a long time before changing gear. In September of this year, I found my current car at Serramonte Honda. It was meant to be. Crystal Black Pearl. 2017 Civic Si. I had to have her.

And here she is. The previous owner took really good care of her and I got in contact with him recently. The car currently has only the Type-R Retrofit clutch as a performance upgrade. The previous owner was planning on building it but the car didn't work well with his family as he was the only person who could drive it.

I've got lots of plans for next year. This car is my baby and I can't wait to see what's in store.
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your story? Here's mine. imageedit_3_8098655794

OP
OP
EstiloinAction

EstiloinAction

First Name
Estilo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's my Honda Story!

During childhood, I lived in two different homes. Actually, many more than just two. You see, my parents are divorced and my mom has had trouble finding the right person to be with and the right place to stay. Her boyfriend while I was in Elementary school, and basically for as long as I could remember at that time, owned a black EM1 Civic EX. He tracked the car, and did extensive modifications to it. It's easy to say that this is where I fell in love with Honda. I remember the excitement I got when he would lay down the throttle and VTEC would kick in. The kid in me is still fascinated by the boost. I still want to own one of these in the future; maybe as a project car when I have an actual garage and extra money.

Without going into too much detail; my mom had a kid with this guy; my half brother whom I care for dearly. He cheated, and my mom was living in many different places after that.

Fast forward to 2014. Just graduated High School and just started looking into learning how to drive. I wanted to avoid driver's ed classes, and I was also very lazy. During High School, I had a fixed gear bike and rode around San Diego with my friends. We went literally everywhere with our bikes, some rides so long I look back and question how we did it. My dad and grandparents decided to get a Used car for me to use. A 2002 Honda Accord V6 LX. They got RIPPED OFF by the dealership they bought it from but I couldn't complain about that. It was my car and then it wasn't, because my dad also owned a 1997 Toyota Tercel. It was a 5 speed and this is where I really learned how to drive manual.

One day I came home with my friend and asked my dad for the keys to the Tercel. I was determined to learn how to drive manual and didn't come home until I got it down. It only took a couple hours in the parking lot of the Morman Church but I did it, and basically... my dad traded cars with me.

Fast forward to 2018. Developed bad habits. Not really making any good moves in my life. Have a girlfriend who lives here in the bay area. Decided the best move was to leave San Diego for good. I was originally going to take the Tercel up here with me but the night before I left I blew the motor. My dad was pissed, but that car represented a lot of bad things in my life. My divorced parents. My drug addiction. My recklessness and indecisiveness all seeped out of that car. I'm glad it's gone. I was originally going to be left carless, but I ended up getting the Accord. It was supposed to be mine in the first place... but yeah. Let's just say, I got more than I deserved from them.

Fast forward to 2019. My relationship is in shambles. Living together is a chore and I'm letting my car fall into disrepair. I loved that Accord, but it ate gas and drove like a boat. It eventually started having issues with the transmission. The engine would constantly rev over 3k at idle, and hang revs for a long time before changing gear. In September of this year, I found my current car at Serramonte Honda. It was meant to be. Crystal Black Pearl. 2017 Civic Si. I had to have her.

And here she is. The previous owner took really good care of her and I got in contact with him recently. The car currently has only the Type-R Retrofit clutch as a performance upgrade. The previous owner was planning on building it but the car didn't work well with his family as he was the only person who could drive it.

I've got lots of plans for next year. This car is my baby and I can't wait to see what's in store.
imageedit_3_8098655794.jpg
Thats a wild story bro and thanks for sharing!
Beautiful ride and good luck to you.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Here's my story. I'm 52 years old as of this month. I grew up in the 80's in a family that loved VW's. I learned to drive on a 79 VW Dasher 4 speed manual, and my first car was a beat up yellow 75 Rabbit, 4 speed manual with unfinished bondo on the rear hatch. It had a ton of problems, but I loved the hell out of it. I moved on to an 86 GTI, which was a fun car, but had the same problems the 79 Dasher and 75 Rabbit suffered from. In 91 I bought a 76 Mercedes 280...great car, but like all German cars, it suffered from over-priced parts, over-engineering, and all the issues German cars suffered from. My next car was an 87 Chevy Cavalier Z24....sigh I should have known better.

In 1995 I decided I did not want car problems every again, and bought my first Toyota, a 95 Corolla LE with a 5 speed MT, and learned what it meant to never have engine problems AGAIN! Over the next 25 years I bought 5 more Toyota's, all of them still running except one, and that is because my wife totaled it!

In 2018 my daughter started college and needed a car, so I gave her my 2006 Camry. I was in the market for a 2018 Camry SE, but after seeing a Civic Sports Hatch I started to do some research, which led me to a 10th Gen Si. One of the cars I also looked at was the Accord Sport with 6 speed MT, but there was none available at the time, and having the bug to get back into a MT, I bought a Black Si Sedan. I drove this car for one year and 17K. I loved every minute of it.

Due to lots of driving in traffic, and wanting to get into something more comfortable, and having the urge to get back into a V6, I ended up selling the Si and buying a 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport. Although I loved the Si, the IS better fits my personality, and driving a manual in traffic began taking a toll on my legs.

Although I sold my Si, as a car enthusiast, I still actively participate in both the CivicX forum as well as the Clublexus forum in the hopes of passing on information, as well as learning. Plus, I may be re-joining the Honda family again, as I am probably going to sell my 2006 Camry SE and buy a Civic for my daughter. Most likely I will be getting her a used 2017

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Here's my story. I'm 52 years old as of this month. I grew up in the 80's in a family that loved VW's. I learned to drive on a 79 VW Dasher 4 speed manual, and my first car was a beat up yellow 75 Rabbit, 4 speed manual with unfinished bondo on the rear hatch. It had a ton of problems, but I loved the hell out of it. I moved on to an 86 GTI, which was a fun car, but had the same problems the 79 Dasher and 75 Rabbit suffered from. In 91 I bought a 76 Mercedes 280...great car, but like all German cars, it suffered from over-priced parts, over-engineering, and all the issues German cars suffered from. My next car was an 87 Chevy Cavalier Z24....sigh I should have known better.

In 1995 I decided I did not want car problems every again, and bought my first Toyota, a 95 Corolla LE with a 5 speed MT, and learned what it meant to never have engine problems AGAIN! Over the next 25 years I bought 5 more Toyota's, all of them still running except one, and that is because my wife totaled it!

In 2018 my daughter started college and needed a car, so I gave her my 2006 Camry. I was in the market for a 2018 Camry SE, but after seeing a Civic Sports Hatch I started to do some research, which led me to a 10th Gen Si. One of the cars I also looked at was the Accord Sport with 6 speed MT, but there was none available at the time, and having the bug to get back into a MT, I bought a Black Si Sedan. I drove this car for one year and 17K. I loved every minute of it.

Due to lots of driving in traffic, and wanting to get into something more comfortable, and having the urge to get back into a V6, I ended up selling the Si and buying a 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport. Although I loved the Si, the IS better fits my personality, and driving a manual in traffic began taking a toll on my legs.

Although I sold my Si, as a car enthusiast, I still actively participate in both the CivicX forum as well as the Clublexus forum in the hopes of passing on information, as well as learning. Plus, I may be re-joining the Honda family again, as I am probably going to sell my 2006 Camry SE and buy a Civic for my daughter. Most likely I will be getting her a used 2017
WOW I forgot about the VW dasher. Like a lot forget about the VW fox back in 87 when it came out I was 19 and looking to get one I think it was 5,600.00 bucks but nobody would co-sign for me at the time and it was only available with a 5 speed no auto that’s ok because I had a stronger knee than. Than I do now

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag

Father of the year 2020 :beer:
Sponsored