My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior!

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I picked up my Modern Steel Metallic EX yesterday and love it! Pictures are below and if you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask!

Honda Civic 10th gen My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior! 3ddrsQN

Honda Civic 10th gen My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior! 4VJKYYN

Honda Civic 10th gen My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior! KRSGMPu

Honda Civic 10th gen My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior! SbtAALv

Honda Civic 10th gen My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior! UULhnoh

Honda Civic 10th gen My Civic EX in Modern Steel Metallic / Black Interior! LJR8z84

Attachments

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Congratulations!! Favorite things about it so far? Any complaints?

How many miles so far?

LOVE how the interior looks. The designers really did an amazing job. The stripe down the seat bottom is a nice touch to give cloth a more premium look.

OP
OP
SuperTongue

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations!! Favorite things about it so far? Any complaints?

How many miles so far?

LOVE how the interior looks. The designers really did an amazing job. The stripe down the seat bottom is a nice touch to give cloth a more premium look.
Favorite thing is... too many to choose from! Haha

If I had to pick something, I'm really liking the Honda Sensing package. While I haven't really drive too far with it, having the car practically drive itself on the highway is really cool. I really like that they included Android Auto support as well. Such a great package for a low price, too!

Complaints? Hmm... Nothing I can really think of - I just want WeatherTech to come out with some fitted mats sooner rather than later. My mats for the '13 kind of fit temporarily but I'd rather have the real thing. Coming from the gray interior to the black, I LOVE it. Things do feel a little stiffer than the 2013 materials but it feels more premium than the '13. I really love the hill assist and the big center console.

Too much stuff to go over, this car is just really cool!

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
It's a beaut, congrats! I thought you had bought 2 of the exact same cars at first (4th pic). Everyone seems to love it so far. Any complaints?

OP
OP
SuperTongue

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a beaut, congrats! I thought you had bought 2 of the exact same cars at first (4th pic). Everyone seems to love it so far. Any complaints?
Thanks! Nothing really to complain about so far. Only weird issues is I noticed Android Auto / my phone has disconnected randomly a few times. Might have to dig around and see what's going on there.

Also digging the fob with the walk away locks. I did notice that it kind of got confused last night when I was going in and out of the car. Wouldn't auto lock the doors and wouldn't let me remote start it. I drove the car around the block and everything kicked back where it was supposed to.

I'll just chalk that up to me flipping it into accessory mode, etc a few times before walking away. Likely users error. ;)

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Very nice. Bet you're the first on block :)

What do you plan to do for the winter - snow tires or make due with the factory Firestones? That's one of my worries about what to do when I get my car in the middle of the upcoming winter.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice wheels! Agree completely with waiting for the WeatherTech mats. I've sent them off an information request.

OP
OP
SuperTongue

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice. Bet you're the first on block :)

What do you plan to do for the winter - snow tires or make due with the factory Firestones? That's one of my worries about what to do when I get my car in the middle of the upcoming winter.
I'll probably make due with the stocks for now. I bought my '13 around the same time and did alright with the factory all seasons on that. I might switch over next year, though.

Nice wheels! Agree completely with waiting for the WeatherTech mats. I've sent them off an information request.
Cool! If you get any info back, could you post it here or just shoot me a PM?

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Got the EX w/ Sensing for $21,815, so just under $1000 below MSRP. Not bad for a car that's barely been on sale for a day!
Best deal I've seen from any reported owner here so far. Good job! Take much negotiating to get that?

OP
OP
SuperTongue

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best deal I've seen from any reported owner here so far. Good job! Take much negotiating to get that?
Yea, it was a lot of back and forth haha. I think the condition and mileage of my trade in helped with the price as well.

A few "talks" with his manager and a couple hours later, I got the price I wanted for the trade in and the price I wanted for the car. Just remember, the last thing they want you to do is walk out the door.

If they won't budge, get up and they can magically find a deal for you.

They were also dead the entire time I was there and it seemed like they hadn't made a sale in the past few days.

Oh, and forgot to mention I was basically telling the salesman about the car. When I got there, he didn't even know they had them on the lot!

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I'll probably make due with the stocks for now. I bought my '13 around the same time and did alright with the factory all seasons on that. I might switch over next year, though.
Yea that's probably what I'll do too. Living in the mid-atlantic we can usually make due with all seasons and the FWD, and a bag of sand in the trunk in case. Get much driving in this weekend so far?

OP
OP
SuperTongue

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea that's probably what I'll do too. Living in the mid-atlantic we can usually make due with all seasons and the FWD, and a bag of sand in the trunk in case. Get much driving in this weekend so far?
No major driving yet, unfortunately haha. Pretty lazy weekend warming up to Fallout 4, but I'll definitely do some driving in it tomorrow and next week!

EDIT: Just did a good 30 minutes or so on the highway with a few city miles. Got 36.3mpg with just normal driving - no attempting to get great MPGs but also not pressing to the floor.

The Honda Sensing package is amazing on the highway. The ACC plus lane keep assist has the car practically drive itself. You just have to lightly move the steering wheel here and there. Definitely worth the extra $1K.

Last edited:

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Great price you got, it's boding well for the rest of us that are at least a few months back. Keep us updated on what kind of mileage you're getting, I'm curious if it comes anywhere close to the claimed mpg with normal driving.
Sponsored