First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
Hi,

I would to ask to you if this part "the PTP Lava Inlet Pipe Blanket" (1st pic) is used to cover the black plastic air intake tube section circled in red (2nd pic) ?!

I want to be 100% sure :hmm:

PTP website description:
"The PTP Civic 1.5 Inlet Pipe Blanket is designed to limit the amount of heat that is transferred from your turbocharger to your inlet pipe that sits just above it. By limiting this amount of transferred heat, intake temperatures will be much cooler entering into your turbo".

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5T Lava Inlet Pipe Blanket upload_2019-11-28_22-21-12

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP 2016+ Honda Civic 1.5T Lava Inlet Pipe Blanket upload_2019-11-28_22-24-4

Thanks in advance :)

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yee

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t understand colder air into the turbo thing. It gets heated right back up after being compressed by the turbo.

But yes, it goes on the inlet tube circled.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I don’t understand colder air into the turbo thing. It gets heated right back up after being compressed by the turbo.

But yes, it goes on the inlet tube circled.
Colder air is denser so it requieres less effort to get the same amount of air and compress it, so the turbo efficiency is improved under high heat situations. How much or is it worth? IDK

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Colder air is denser so it requieres less effort to get the same amount of air and compress it, so the turbo efficiency is improved under high heat situations. How much or is it worth? IDK
That is very true, it might be noticeable numbers wise but who knows if you as a driver will notice. I'd just get a bigger intercooler and piping haha.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is very true, it might be noticeable numbers wise but who knows if you as a driver will notice. I'd just get a bigger intercooler and piping haha.
It will probably help even more having a turbo blanket over the turbo itself with this thing + intercooler + piping. The whole point is to prevent heatsoak as long as possible. Having cooler air enter the turbo would also mean having cooler air exit it (though obviously warmer after it's compressed but not as much)

Regardless after a run, even my own intake is hot to the touch (metal piping, boo) so I would presume containing the heat as much as possible within the turbo would significantly help.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will probably help even more having a turbo blanket over the turbo itself with this thing + intercooler + piping. The whole point is to prevent heatsoak as long as possible. Having cooler air enter the turbo would also mean having cooler air exit it (though obviously warmer after it's compressed but not as much)

Regardless after a run, even my own intake is hot to the touch (metal piping, boo) so I would presume containing the heat as much as possible within the turbo would significantly help.
Oh yes I totally agree 100% on that. I’m sure with both blankets and upgraded intercooler, it would be substantial for sure. I just don’t like the misconception of a “cold air intake” for turbo cars. Though it’s technically not wrong, just good advertising.
Sponsored