bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Someone keyed my car...? A2EADFB6-8DFC-40A1-96B8-549BF08227CD
Honda Civic 10th gen Someone keyed my car...? CFA89302-AF20-4659-88BE-1E66B66784B1
Honda Civic 10th gen Someone keyed my car...? CC276385-7F2B-49E7-A19E-DC60A2A391FD
Hey guys I think someone might’ve keyed my car or I could’ve sideswiped something on accident. I don’t think I sideswiped anything as I don’t recall hitting anything but is there any way to fix this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone keyed my car...? 11C56698-63AC-4A45-BB0A-2F4E58E1BBE3

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
The paint is so thin on these cars and that doesnt look like it even got through the clear coat. Someone had something clipped to their pockets and probably brushed up against your car. A good polish and buffing should fix it up perfect!

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
The paint is so thin on these cars and that doesnt look like it even got through the clear coat. Someone had something clipped to their pockets and probably brushed up against your car. A good polish and buffing should fix it up perfect!
Agreed - this looks more like someone brushed up against the car with a bag, their pocket, jeans with rivets etc. And also agree. a good cleaning and polish should clear that up.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You might be able to reduce some of it and make it less noticeable, but at least one of the scratches looks pretty deep. Don’t sit on one spot with an electric polisher for too long and burn through you’re clear coat. That’ll look 100x worse.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You might be able to reduce some of it and make it less noticeable, but at least one of the scratches looks pretty deep. Don’t sit on one spot with an electric polisher for too long and burn through you’re clear coat. That’ll look 100x worse.
This is good advice. Id almost bring it to someone who is comfortable with a polisher. I wouldnt try one out your first time on this cars thin paint.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is good advice. Id almost bring it to someone who is comfortable with a polisher. I wouldnt try one out your first time on this cars thin paint.
I actually want to do a full detail on my paint before it gets too cold, but im not even going to use a heavy cutting compound on mine. I’m just going to use the light scratch and swirl polish. I really don’t want to cut too much clear coat off. You see those 8th gens all the time with no clear coat patches in their hoods and roofs all the time. The paint is very thin.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually want to do a full detail on my paint before it gets too cold, but im not even going to use a heavy cutting compound on mine. I’m just going to use the light scratch and swirl polish. I really don’t want to cut too much clear coat off. You see those 8th gens all the time with no clear coat patches in their hoods and roofs all the time. The paint is very thin.
Thats probably the best bet. And id wager you keep yours in pretty good shape as is, you probably wont have too much work!

Mind letting me know what polish you use and how it works? Id really appreciate it!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats probably the best bet. And id wager you keep yours in pretty good shape as is, you probably wont have too much work!

Mind letting me know what polish you use and how it works? Id really appreciate it!
I really like meguiars products. I clayed, polished and waxed with meguiars products on my friend’s Elantra earlier this summer and it looked really nice. Told him not to take it through that stupid auto wash down the street anymore and to use touch-less. Hopefully he listened...
Honda Civic 10th gen Someone keyed my car...? 6D16FE9B-53E6-42BC-9F9F-C19D5F0523F5

this is good stuff.
Sponsored