Finally got her!

FloridAegean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I finally got her! I had been looking all over the Tampa Bay area for two months for a Blue SI Sedan and none of the dealers had one. Friday, one gave me a call saying he could transfer one in. YES! We went down and negotiated a price, but his finance team was busy for the rest of the night, so we'd have to come back. Monday we went back and talked to the finance guy and got the numbers worked out, but the car still wasn't in, so I'd have to get a loaner (my trade was the down payment).

Yesterday I got a call that the car was in! Finally! I left work early and headed over to pick it up. It was still getting detailed so the sales guy showed off his SI for a bit. When it rolled up I was blown away. What a beautiful ride! After the first month or so I started to be swayed by the Grey and the White, but I am so glad I held out for the Blue. I'm in love!

This is such a fun car to drive! It's so hard staying under 4k rpm during this break in period but I'm trying. Learning to drive stick again has been a bit of a challenge. I'm not grinding gears or stalling, but I'm not as smooth with it as I used to be. I really need to work on my heel-toe for those down shifts and figure out how stop babying the clutch out of first gear.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining the community here, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the weeks and months to come!

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got her! IMG_1649

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got her! IMG_1650

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got her! IMG_1651

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Very nice. I also waited months for a blue sedan, was promised by a dealer they would be able to trade one in but that never happened. Ended up going out of state to finally find my beauty fresh off the truck with only 5 miles on her :thumbsup:

OP
OP
FloridAegean

FloridAegean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very nice. I also waited months for a blue sedan, was promised by a dealer they would be able to trade one in but that never happened. Ended up going out of state to finally find my beauty fresh off the truck with only 5 miles on her :thumbsup:
Thanks Drake! I saw a couple of dealers in the Miami area had the color I wanted but it is a four hour drive (one way!), and I couldn't get a day away from the family to go get it. I was a little worried after turning in my trade that I'd be stuck in a loaner for a week, but they got it in really quick. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the dealer and the sales guy didn't jerk us around too much.

Last edited:

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Congratulations on your beautiful car. Wow, a 2020 Si, I'm almost jealous. I've been loving my '17 for 73,000 miles now. No problems except for road hazards. (This thing has a lower road clearance than I'm used to).(And, oh yeah, watch out for those low profile tires).

I really think that I would enjoy the lower gear ratio and LED headlights. I suspect that would also enjoy the "enhanced" cabin engine note.

Set apart some time for some city driving. The "break-in" period is more about the clutch and brake pads "bedding in" properly. Relaxed stop and go traffic with lots of shifts and rev changes is just what this car needs for the first 800 miles.

Have fun!!!

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride!! I just got my 2020 Si sedan in Modern Steel last Friday and already put over 1,000 miles on it. I'm loving every second of it! I originally wanted Aegean Blue and the dealer was going to trade with another local dealership to get me it for a small fee, but they had a Modern Steel there and when I saw it I loved the color more than I thought I would. I decided to get that one instead of the Aegean Blue, but seeing yours is making me second guess if I should have just forked over the couple hundred for it!

OP
OP
FloridAegean

FloridAegean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride!! I just got my 2020 Si sedan in Modern Steel last Friday and already put over 1,000 miles on it. I'm loving every second of it! I originally wanted Aegean Blue and the dealer was going to trade with another local dealership to get me it for a small fee, but they had a Modern Steel there and when I saw it I loved the color more than I thought I would. I decided to get that one instead of the Aegean Blue, but seeing yours is making me second guess if I should have just forked over the couple hundred for it!
Thanks! The Modern Steel was a very close second for me and there were a few in the area during my wait. If a Blue didn't become available before the end of the year I was going to get the Steel. What made me fall in love with the Blue was a post from
CanadiaegeanBlue when he installed the silver Konig Freeform wheels. The blue and silver contrast is gorgeous and completely sold me.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I finally got her! I had been looking all over the Tampa Bay area for two months for a Blue SI Sedan and none of the dealers had one. Friday, one gave me a call saying he could transfer one in. YES! We went down and negotiated a price, but his finance team was busy for the rest of the night, so we'd have to come back. Monday we went back and talked to the finance guy and got the numbers worked out, but the car still wasn't in, so I'd have to get a loaner (my trade was the down payment).

Yesterday I got a call that the car was in! Finally! I left work early and headed over to pick it up. It was still getting detailed so the sales guy showed off his SI for a bit. When it rolled up I was blown away. What a beautiful ride! After the first month or so I started to be swayed by the Grey and the White, but I am so glad I held out for the Blue. I'm in love!

This is such a fun car to drive! It's so hard staying under 4k rpm during this break in period but I'm trying. Learning to drive stick again has been a bit of a challenge. I'm not grinding gears or stalling, but I'm not as smooth with it as I used to be. I really need to work on my heel-toe for those down shifts and figure out how stop babying the clutch out of first gear.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining the community here, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the weeks and months to come!

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg
Oof that color gives me warm fuzzy feelings.

Congratz and welcome to the club! She is a beauty!

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Congrats! I love those photos. What kind of camera do you have?

Yep, I strictly stayed under 3.5k RPM for the first 1,000 miles. Furthermore, I only did highway driving for about 30 of those miles (in a "no shift" kind of environment... sometimes I purposely went on there when there was traffic but it was still the fastest route). Then at about 1200 miles I had a 500-mile road trip, so I had to break it in beforehand.

It was certainly tempting to want to do other things, but I think/hope my patience paid off. No Italian Tune Up for me, lol.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
awesome!
Glad you got the color you wanted.
Is it just me, or does it seem like Honda ships a run of one color, then switches to a run of another?
That's the way it seemed here in the Los Angeles area. We had a ton of white coupes a one time, and I thought "This is great, I can negotiate between dealers for the same car!" Then later, all the white coupes were being sold and replaced with other colors. Then I started calling dealers to verify they had the white coupes that Honda's website said they did, and some of those were gone because the website hadn't been updated. So I decided I'd better make a deal soon while I still had a choice of dealers with the same car. That gives you the confidence to walk during negotiations and know you can get the same car somewhere else.
Happy Turkey Day everyone!
Got my coupe just a couple of days ago!

2020CivicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Congrats! I got the same one recently, it's a great car.

For heel-toe, you might want to instal an acuity throttle spacer. The stock pedal positions are awful for heel-toeing.

OP
OP
FloridAegean

FloridAegean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
awesome!
Glad you got the color you wanted.
Is it just me, or does it seem like Honda ships a run of one color, then switches to a run of another?
That's the way it seemed here in the Los Angeles area. We had a ton of white coupes a one time, and I thought "This is great, I can negotiate between dealers for the same car!" Then later, all the white coupes were being sold and replaced with other colors. Then I started calling dealers to verify they had the white coupes that Honda's website said they did, and some of those were gone because the website hadn't been updated. So I decided I'd better make a deal soon while I still had a choice of dealers with the same car. That gives you the confidence to walk during negotiations and know you can get the same car somewhere else.
Happy Turkey Day everyone!
Got my coupe just a couple of days ago!
I truly does seem that way. The Tampa Bay area must have just received a boat full of black SI Sedans because that was the only color available. Then, they day after I signed papers, two other dealers called me because Blue had just become available.

OP
OP
FloridAegean

FloridAegean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats! I got the same one recently, it's a great car.

For heel-toe, you might want to instal an acuity throttle spacer. The stock pedal positions are awful for heel-toeing.
Thanks for the recommendation! I was trying it out this morning on the way in to work and thought the same thing, that the pedal positions weren't very conducive for heel-toe. That Acuity Spacer looks like it's just the thing!

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Right on! Congrats with your new Si - hope you have a blast with it :headbang:
Sponsored