First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Very true, My wheels are heavier than stock. Also and tires are much wider
I’m in the same boat. I got a tuned 2.0 6mt and my mileage didn’t change though. I think it only goes down for some because the foot gets heavier when it’s so much more fun lol
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine is 29 combined. I think it used to be around 32.
Sometimes that depends on the climate or if you switched gas stations. I know I thought I lost mileage when I got my ktuner but I realized it’s because I tuned right before the winter. There is actually winter weight fuel and summer weight fuel. You get better power with the summer weight therefore giving better mileage. Plus in the cold the air is more dense which causes drag on the car, also reducing mpg. As soon as summer came around and temperatures went up and gas stations had summer weight again my mileage went back up to 30-32 average again.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Sometimes that depends on the climate or if you switched gas stations. I know I thought I lost mileage when I got my ktuner but I realized it’s because I tuned right before the winter. There is actually winter weight fuel and summer weight fuel. You get better power with the summer weight therefore giving better mileage. Plus in the cold the air is more dense which causes drag on the car, also reducing mpg. As soon as summer came around and temperatures went up and gas stations had summer weight again my mileage went back up to 30-32 average again.
That's some pretty arbitrary science that's actually quite inaccurate. Fuel doesn't condense all that much in cold weather, and what little it does would make for better combustion. Same with cold air, which actually does condense, making the car run better. It is going to have fairly limited effects on drag, and neither are going to affect mpg in any meaningful manner.

Things that will reduce mpg:
-weight (bigger rims, wider tires, stereo)
-drag (wider tires, stickier tires like Z rated)
-tune (gotta use more gas to zoom harder)

I have 18" aftermarket rims that are lighter, but wider than stock, and ZR rated tires. Before tuning, I didn't lose any noticeable mpg in city. Long distance I dropped from 41 to 39. After tuning, with spirited driving I get about 21-26mpg. Driving normally I get a solid 26 (in city). Was about 28-31 stock. You're gonna lose mpg, and it's mostly because you'll be driving like you're having fun. Again, long distance, you're still gonna get great mileage.

Also, turn off the Econ with tune. It doesn't improve mileage and drives like shit. Really only works on highway miles anyway.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's some pretty arbitrary science that's actually quite inaccurate. Fuel doesn't condense all that much in cold weather, and what little it does would make for better combustion. Same with cold air, which actually does condense, making the car run better. It is going to have fairly limited effects on drag, and neither are going to affect mpg in any meaningful manner.

Things that will reduce mpg:
-weight (bigger rims, wider tires, stereo)
-drag (wider tires, stickier tires like Z rated)
-tune (gotta use more gas to zoom harder)

I have 18" aftermarket rims that are lighter, but wider than stock, and ZR rated tires. Before tuning, I didn't lose any noticeable mpg in city. Long distance I dropped from 41 to 39. After tuning, with spirited driving I get about 21-26mpg. Driving normally I get a solid 26 (in city). Was about 28-31 stock. You're gonna lose mpg, and it's mostly because you'll be driving like you're having fun. Again, long distance, you're still gonna get great mileage.

Also, turn off the Econ with tune. It doesn't improve mileage and drives like shit. Really only works on highway miles anyway.
No actually everything I said is true. Try reading this article. It can help explain even more. And yes there is a winter grade and summer grade fuel. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/coldweather.shtml

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Not for a downpipe. Intakes with MAF housings that don't match factory sizing may need custom tuning.
Just curious as if there will ever be any more tunes for the 2.0 or other improvements or are you guys pretty much done with the 2.0?

roxaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just installed the tune. The difference is night and day. Hitting VTEC is crazy, RPMs just skyrocket once it triggers. Never happened before the tune since getting to 6500 was practically impossible in my daily commute.

Can't wait to see what it's like with the downpipe.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Just curious as if there will ever be any more tunes for the 2.0 or other improvements or are you guys pretty much done with the 2.0?
If any parts come out that call for it we'll take a look. It's not like the turbo models where you can change boost levels.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag