Today, JD Power on USA Today Listed Top Quality Cars - Sad Honda not on it?

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Today, JD Powers on USA Today Listed Top Quality Cars - Sad that Honda not on it?

I love to read USA Today and when JD Powers release reports. Sadly, today was a realization that a comment made by some friends came true.

Honda is not on the list for the first time. Do you find Honda is losing the QC segment. If so, why.

There are points in every car that have it weakness, but in my Civic, there are much fewer that some mentioned in the article.

Also, with the complete rankings, Honda is way down the list toward the crappy cars. Don't understand it.

But I think fit & finish is one main problems the pro are seeing now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...y-brand-ever-now-tops-quality-study/86245314/

PS, Kia was listed as the best......What
Sponsored

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Today, JD Powers on USA Today Listed Top Quality Cars - Sad that Honda not on it?

I love to read USA Today and when JD Powers release reports. Sadly, today was a realization that a comment made by some friends came true.

Honda is not on the list for the first time. Do you find Honda is losing the QC segment. If so, why.

There are points in every car that have it weakness, but in my Civic, there are much fewer that some mentioned in the article.

Also, with the complete rankings, Honda is way down the list toward the crappy cars. Don't understand it.

But I think fit & finish is one main problems the pro are seeing now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...y-brand-ever-now-tops-quality-study/86245314/

PS, Kia was listed as the best......What
Once you said Kia was listed best, I mentally threw out all of the results from this.

CivicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 Ram 1500, 2016 Harley Ultra Limited
Take JD Powers rating with a grain of salt, the same with Consumer Reports. The only way their rating could hold any real validity would be for them to survey every new car owner and they do not come close to that.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They need to define what they consider a flaw. Lots of 'reliability' talk lately is not in the way cars drive, but how the infotainment works.

The validity of these is always suspect. Brands can go up or down significantly in the rankings in subsequent years.

And 'number of flaws' IMO has little to do with desirability of a car. I'm not rushing out to trade in for a Corolla b/c of this.

#my2cents

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Keep in mind this rating is only based on the first 90 days of ownership. It has nothing to do with long term reliability.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My 2016 Civic has been in the shop for a cumulative of 38 days out of the 208 days I've owned it.

I called the Honda Rep today and his voicemail box was full. Could not leave a message.

:what:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Keep in mind this rating is only based on the first 90 days of ownership. It has nothing to do with long term reliability.
Judging by some of the crazy things I see in the problems forum here, I think 90 days is sufficient for some of the folks here to complain.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My 2016 Civic has been in the shop for a cumulative of 38 days out of the 208 days I've owned it.

I called the Honda Rep today and his voicemail box was full. Could not leave a message.

Lemon law?

Rush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EXT
Country flag

I feel for ya... Hyundai is 3rd on that list and my last car, a Veloster, was nothing but trouble. It started on day 2 of ownership. Think of something that could go wrong... and it would. The fit and finish was nice though. And it always looked good on the flatbed when it was towed...

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
Interesting fall for Honda and Acura for that matter.

I am in the market for a new car and honestly, the content offered by Honda and Acura is lagging behind companies like Hyundai and Kia on this list. I do not want to buy a Hyundai but, went and drove the Tuscan on a whim. Content wise I was floored by what the Tuscan offered. DSC transmission, panoramic sunroof, heated steering wheel, cooled seats, heated rear seats, 1.6L turbo engine.......there was more content wrapped in this car than any SUV in its class. This SUV was designed to compete with the CRV and CX-5 and its content per dollar exceeds that of luxury SUV's like the Q3, Q5, X3 and a host of other vehicles. Looking at this list, the Tuscan is ranked #2 for small SUV's in quality. Impressive.

Honda, seems to be cheapening its vehicles as it try's to compete with its competitors. Their products offer less content than the Korean car companies equal products. The CRV and HRV with their CVT transmissions mated to AWD systems has me thinking that my next vehicle may not end up being a Honda. Simply cannot get over the lack of responsiveness offered by the CVT transmissions. HRV with AWD and a manual would be in my garage if it was offered. Instead, I am relegated to looking outside the Honda brand for an AWD vehicle with manual transmission or at the very least a DSC automatic. The WRX may be exactly what I am looking for anyways.

If you have not tried the Tuscan, I would highly recommend trying it out. One recommendation.....see the eco button.....turn on the Sport mode. Doing so, transforms this vehicle from a slow gas miser to a much more engaging and fun to drive vehicle.

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel for ya... Hyundai is 3rd on that list and my last car, a Veloster, was nothing but trouble. It started on day 2 of ownership. Think of something that could go wrong... and it would. The fit and finish was nice though. And it always looked good on the flatbed when it was towed...
LOL

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the things on the survey I got that I disliked the most was the Infotainment, and THE BUILT IN HEAD REST ON THE REAR SEAT...one of mine is crooked. It would be a ton better the with older, removable kind...

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting fall for Honda and Acura for that matter.

I am in the market for a new car and honestly, the content offered by Honda and Acura is lagging behind companies like Hyundai and Kia on this list. I do not want to buy a Hyundai but, went and drove the Tuscan on a whim. Content wise I was floored by what the Tuscan offered. DSC transmission, panoramic sunroof, heated steering wheel, cooled seats, heated rear seats, 1.6L turbo engine.......there was more content wrapped in this car than any SUV in its class. This SUV was designed to compete with the CRV and CX-5 and its content per dollar exceeds that of luxury SUV's like the Q3, Q5, X3 and a host of other vehicles. Looking at this list, the Tuscan is ranked #2 for small SUV's in quality. Impressive.

Honda, seems to be cheapening its vehicles as it try's to compete with its competitors. Their products offer less content than the Korean car companies equal products. The CRV and HRV with their CVT transmissions mated to AWD systems has me thinking that my next vehicle may not end up being a Honda. Simply cannot get over the lack of responsiveness offered by the CVT transmissions. HRV with AWD and a manual would be in my garage if it was offered. Instead, I am relegated to looking outside the Honda brand for an AWD vehicle with manual transmission or at the very least a DSC automatic. The WRX may be exactly what I am looking for anyways.

If you have not tried the Tuscan, I would highly recommend trying it out. One recommendation.....see the eco button.....turn on the Sport mode. Doing so, transforms this vehicle from a slow gas miser to a much more engaging and fun to drive vehicle.
To best honest if you are looking for a legit AWD car, you should not be looking at Honda, Acura or even any of the Korean brand cars because their AWD systems aren't really AWD. If you put on a legit incline with slippery conditions, the wheels are gonna spin like mad with power not really being properly re-distributed.

Korean cars often are putting in lots of features and options that are usually one class above its actual class but they cut a crap ton of corners with reliability and quality. If you are looking for a car for 3-4 years, they aren't bad but if you are looking for 8+ years, Korean cars are absolute junk and this is coming from a Korean lol.

Not sure about the statement that Honda is cheapening its vehicles because their prices have increased over the past couple years and they are usually priced a tad higher than most at most price points. The HR-V was a way to offer a cheaper CR-V to target those that wanted an "SUV" but didn't want to pay so much.
Sponsored