Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
How much of the $2.5k is warranty?
Since you're in CA I'm pretty sure you can go cancel the extended warranty if you want a refund instead.
1500 for the warranty, rest was for the 3M stuff that probably costs maybe 80 bucks at most. I actually want to keep the warranty since its now 7 years/100k instead of 3 years 36k. They added the 3M to the price of the car so i can't return it :(

I guess you can say i paid 1000 dollars of mark up about. It was either this or pay 2000 to ship one from the east coast. At least with this, I get some stuff out of it.
Sponsored

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
1500 for the warranty, rest was for the 3M stuff that probably costs maybe 80 bucks at most. I actually want to keep the warranty since its now 7 years/100k instead of 3 years 36k. They added the 3M to the price of the car so i can't return it :(

I guess you can say i paid 1000 dollars of mark up about. It was either this or pay 2000 to ship one from the east coast. At least with this, I get some stuff out of it.
You can cancel the warranty and get the money applied to your loan principal if you owe on it. Warranty is much cheaper via on line if you want it.

Hashaam

First Name
Hashaam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
You can cancel the warranty and get the money applied to your loan principal if you owe on it. Warranty is much cheaper via on line if you want it.
What is the procedure of cancelling warranty and getting it online?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the cancelling part, just go back to the dealer where you bought the extended warranty with a written and signed letter saying “I wish to cancel my extended warranty on policy #.”

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Apparently about 6 months ago, Schomp Honda in Denver began adding a ~$3600 accessory pack to all CTR’s. The say they are an MSRP (on the CTR) and no dealer fee dealer... Salesperson didn’t bother to mention the accessories but did promptly refund my deposit.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
As posted above you just have to cancel with the dealer you bought it from. There are a couple of threads here with online warranty pricing.

freel27

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Andy, at Russell & Smith Honda in Houston, refused to provide a price over the phone and mentioned twice about a 10-15K markup. Asked me what my preferred price is, which I said MSRP, and was basically laughed at. This was for a 2019 PMM that has they have had for many months, according to him. I told him plenty of folks, across the nation, are buying these at MSRP (or lower), and to get with it.

Andy Tran
Internet Sales
832-597-9189

Russell & Smith Honda
2900 South Loop West Freeway
Houston TX, 77054

RS LOL

First Name
Asiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2005 Honda S2000, 2003 Honda S2000 racecar, 2002 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD is asking $47,324 for a 2019 Sonic Gray. They originally lied on their website by showing the MSRP price as their competitive "ePrice". When I reached out to them, they bumped it up to $47k. I doubt they'll sell it.

freel27

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Andy, at Russell & Smith Honda in Houston, refused to provide a price over the phone and mentioned twice about a 10-15K markup. Asked me what my preferred price is, which I said MSRP, and was basically laughed at. This was for a 2019 PMM that has they have had for many months, according to him. I told him plenty of folks, across the nation, are buying these at MSRP (or lower), and to get with it.

Andy Tran
Internet Sales
832-597-9189

Russell & Smith Honda
2900 South Loop West Freeway
Houston TX, 77054
Update: Best deal I could get on this one was 3K over MSRP, not working with Andy Tran. Someone bought this particular CTR yesterday, however.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD is asking $47,324 for a 2019 Sonic Gray. They originally lied on their website by showing the MSRP price as their competitive "ePrice". When I reached out to them, they bumped it up to $47k. I doubt they'll sell it.
I bought my 2018 Type-R at Cristwell Honda. They had it listed for MSRP plus $10,000 ADM. I told them I would give them MSRP and zero adm. my sales guy called me the next morning and told me to come and get it for MSRP.

freel27

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Update: Best deal I could get on this one was 3K over MSRP, not working with Andy Tran. Someone bought this particular CTR yesterday, however.
Northside Honda, in San Antonio, TX has the nerve to post $47,230 for their 2 CTR's on Autotrader. Shame

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Herb Chambers Honda in Seekonk, MA...sells them at MSRP...no markups...no BS!!!