FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks!

I bet we will see something in the next 2-3 weeks.
Sponsored

DarkRs

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Tokyo Motor Show starts tomorrow I believe, We might get some details/pictures on the 2020 version maybe :)

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey, that's a good point. That would be the ideal place for them to show it first. I'd be floored if they didn't.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag

DarkRs

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Saw this as well, but if they don't show it at the TMS tomorrow then, there is no more show for 2019 so I guess we'll have to wait 2020 to see the 2020 version , unlikely to happen but you might be right .

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R #2314, LS Swapped FC RX-7
Country flag
SEMA in less than 2 weeks. I suspect we'll see it before then.

Hashaam

First Name
Hashaam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
One of the dealers near my place told me they have a 2019 being in few days and should be delivered to them by end of November. They claim 2020 versions will come in Spring.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still no info on the 2020 Honda Civic Type R, I work for a honda dealership in houston, and we have no info from honda the only thing we have to go on is that our last allocation for the 2019 Type R is slated for production next week which means it will arrive here in February, weve had at least 20 Type Rs since the 2017 model. We also new literaly 0 about the 2020 Si untill literally the day of we got broucheres about 25 days before the first Si hit the lot. So there is that.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Still no info on the 2020 Honda Civic Type R, I work for a honda dealership in houston, and we have no info from honda the only thing we have to go on is that our last allocation for the 2019 Type R is slated for production next week which means it will arrive here in February, weve had at least 20 Type Rs since the 2017 model. We also new literaly 0 about the 2020 Si untill literally the day of we got broucheres about 25 days before the first Si hit the lot. So there is that.
Yeah, I have been refreshing https://hondanews.com/en-US for the news bulletin where they posted the 2019 and 2018 model info in previous Novembers. This is the longest they've gone without announcing the next CTR, in 2017 and 2018 they announced it during the very beginning of November. I wonder how long we'll wait to find out...

hangsang

First Name
sang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I'm the one who also waiting for the 2020 model in Houston.....have been waiting for a few months already. may I ask you one thing? since you working for honda dealership in here, why the production next week (mean NOV 2019) will take almost 3 months(Nov - Dec -Jan - Feb) to ship oversea to the US? is that always used to take that long??
and since the car gets in the lot at the dealership around Feb 2020, it should be a 2020 model, right? I never hear the dealership will get a new car from factory with last year's model... correct me if I was wrong.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm the one who also waiting for the 2020 model in Houston.....have been waiting for a few months already. may I ask you one thing? since you working for honda dealership in here, why the production next week (mean NOV 2019) will take almost 3 months(Nov - Dec -Jan - Feb) to ship oversea to the US? is that always used to take that long??
and since the car gets in the lot at the dealership around Feb 2020, it should be a 2020 model, right? I never hear the dealership will get a new car from factory with last year's model... correct me if I was wrong.
Its the last one in production and any honda take about 90days from production shipment to dealership, and i have a feeling the 2020 will not come out untill spring of 2020 at least by that i mean hit the floor. I think one of the reasons it got pushed so far is because they just release of the new Acura Type S concept and i dont think they want it overshadowed. I work for the dealership so ill be custom ordering mine they wont sell me an allocation i have to buy an extra one on the upside i get to choose the accesories and color :)

Last edited:

hangsang

First Name
sang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Its the last one in production and any honda take about 90days from production shipment to dealership, and i have a feeling the 2020 will not come out untill spring of 2020 at least by that i mean hit the floor. I think one of the reasons it got pushed so far is because they just release of the new Acura Type S concept and i dont think they want it overshadowed. I work for the dealership so ill be custom ordering mine they wont sell me an allocation i have to buy an extra one on the upside i get to choose the accesories and color :)
hopefully, we don't have to wait that long and hear something news coming up ASAP:banghead:

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wait what? Can you actually custom order from Honda? I’ve read in several forums that Honda is unlike some manufacturers that will let you order straight from factory. Rather, you just have to find a dealership that has what you are after and then settle on a price.

I wouldn’t care waiting 6 months if I knew I was getting the color and accessories I wanted upfront.

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
To ea. their own obviously. However, do find the new CTR in the above pics - more subtle... and like the SI coupe?
What?! I rather like the unusual/unique current CTR with the big wing! I guess for sleepers perhaps, but with the reduction of the big wing and aggressive stance. I hope "Honda" you reduce the price! 4xk for a civic is still IMO overpriced for badges :p

Either way, I am sure it will sell as the marketing it just dang great, and tackled with the legendary "R"

Although, I would love to see Honda bring something back/new for the Acura line up in America
i.g. Acura Integra, RSX, or a TSX Type R and not, just some A-Spec! Should be fairly reasonable and doable consider the Civic chassis is already a good mold to barrow from ;)

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait what? Can you actually custom order from Honda? I’ve read in several forums that Honda is unlike some manufacturers that will let you order straight from factory. Rather, you just have to find a dealership that has what you are after and then settle on a price.

I wouldn’t care waiting 6 months if I knew I was getting the color and accessories I wanted upfront.
You can..... nobody wants to go through the trouble to do it, we do it here but we shy away from it because every person that says "they want it and dont mind waiting", usually mind a whole lot and they call up here everyday for the first month, and then pull their deposit midway and then we have an extra car we have to get rid of.

Also too when you sign the paperwork the incentives and rates are correlated to the month that it arrives and not the month you sign. So if your rate bumps 1-2% you may also throw a fit and back out of the deal.

Also the dealership dosnt book the sale for that day but for 3-6 months from then when the car arrives so it dosnt help the salesmens numbers that month nor the dealership. theyll get the comission the day the car arrives

They are willing to do it for me because i work here.
Sponsored