Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I know it’s normal for these cars to have that ticking sound. Is mine louder or is this normal? My wife said it sounded louder but I can’t really tell if it’s gotten louder or not.
Sponsored

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
mine does that too. from what I've been able to gather I believe thats the sound of the Direct Injection fuel system but to me personally it sounds like severe valve tick, I haven't seen anyone confirm the DI is the source but they do speak of the DI as being "noisy".

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Normal. And yeah, it's the injectors.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
mine does that too. from what I've been able to gather I believe thats the sound of the Direct Injection fuel system but to me personally it sounds like severe valve tick, I haven't seen anyone confirm the DI is the source but they do speak of the DI as being "noisy".
Yeah I have heard that too. Just wanted to make sure it’s nothing serious. Sense it sounded like it got louder but maybe I’m just thinking it did and it really hasn’t lol.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Was told if there is no
don't let them tell you its normal....its not

they will try to make excuses....don't put up with it

lie....tell them you have a family member with the same car, that doesn't make that noise,

it ain't normal by any means,

they will give you the run around until your warranty expires....don't let them do that....complain....the squeeky wheel gets the grease
was told if there is no check engine light on and no damage that there is nothing they can do about it. So I asked to speak the manager and was told the same thing. It’s normal and all cars have them

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like normal DI injectors to me. Mark11 is trolling you. BUT you could easily have the dealer crank up a new stock civic and let them idle side by side.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sounds like normal DI injectors to me. Mark11 is trolling you. BUT you could easily have the dealer crank up a new stock civic and let them idle side by side.
Yeah it sounds normal to me now that I have heard my brothers and a few others that have showed the sound of there’s too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Mark is wrong. Let's move on to the next thread where Mark will make another contrarian statement.:cool:

I've had this under hood sound for 2.5 years. And my car runs beautifully. I think it's mostly the high pressure fuel pump noise our Earth Dreams DI engine makes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
T
Mark is wrong. Let's move on to the next thread where Mark will make another contrarian statement.:cool:

I've had this under hood sound for 2.5 years. And my car runs beautifully. It's the normal injector and fuel pump noise our Earth Dreams DI engines make.
Thank you.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah....sorry for coming onto a public forum and trying to help somebody out free of charge.....what was i thinking? :doh:

it ain't normal at all

if you want to put up with that, then that's your choice, and its your car........i wouldn't put up with that.....my car doesn't sound like that crap,

if my car sounded like that i would be bringing it back to the dealer every day until they did something about it,

you know its not normal, or you wouldn't have even bothered asking here,
What model "2019 Vic" do you have? is it even a 1.5 turbo? The k20c2 in the nonturbo civic has port injection so if you're trying to compare to that of course it sounds different. DI is loud. NVH engineers hate it but emissions and goverenment regulations basically require it. Either way, a cell phone video isn't enough to make the ridiculous statements that you are.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
sounds louder then normal to me,

i would be all over honda if that was my car
it ain't normal at all

if you want to put up with that, then that's your choice, and its your car........i wouldn't put up with that.....my car doesn't sound like that crap,

if my car sounded like that i would be bringing it back to the dealer every day until they did something about it,

you know its not normal, or you wouldn't have even bothered asking here,
Well which is it? FIRST you said that it sounds "louder" then normal, then you say it shouldn't make the sound at all. You are contradicting yourself, but I guess you have to after several other people state that the noise is the Direct Injection these motors have.

Have you ever had the hood open and stood in front of it with the car running? just because you can't hear it while you are inside the car driving doesn't mean it's not there.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
If you want to prove to yourself it's the injectors, all you have to do is go somewhere with walls to reflect the engine noises back to you while driving - The parking garage I parked in at work did it well.

Roll the windows down. Do a slow start and cruise to 8-10 MPH in first gear, listening to the ticking noise. Let off the gas and coast, which will induce fuel cutoff and the injectors to stop injecting fuel. Listen to the ticking stop until you slow down and stop to resume normal idle, when the ticking will start again.

During the fuel cutoff and coasting, all mechanical parts of the engine will still be rotating and moving, so if it were any other noise besides injectors it would not stop while you were coasting.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the Direct Injectors. Despite what Mark11 says, it is normal. It does seem a tad louder than normal, but that could be the surroundings of your car in the video.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thank you everyone who has commented on this with something helpful.

not meaning you mark
Sponsored