Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a now Type R owner, I have the sad duty of telling you that the Type R clutch will not hold over 400 wtq. A small number of owners are experiencing slipping on base maps (~350 wtq), and many with custom tunes (370-390 wtq) are slipping. Most looking to make 400+ wtq have switched to something like a sprung FX400.

It’s definitely a comfy long term option for those looking to make low to low-mid 300’s though.
Interesting how Eman has over that and still hasn’t slipped. Anyways people with Si’s make more whp over torque when going big turbo
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Scaring me rn xD

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Well question is are you ever really going to past 400wtq lol?
This is the key. Yes, Type R owners over 400 wtq are slipping and upgrading to aftermarket clutches, but the only R owners making that much power are those with built motors, big turbo upgrades, and upgraded fueling. Even the 500 whp MAPerformance SI is only making around 380 wtq. The average PRL turbo SI will probably be in the 330-350 wtq range, so it should be fine.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Does anyone have news? Maybe it's time to make some pressure, can't take that long to make a decent clutch.
The clutch is already out...and the numbers aren't that great.

The HF03 is a single-mass flywheel that weighs 19.4lbs.

The Stage 1 clutch is rated for 235ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, and uses a full-faced organic disc.

The Stage 2 clutch is rated for 255ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, and uses a 3-puck cerametallic disc.

TSP Stage 1 dyno graph shows 281 ft/lbs torque....so just a canned tune is too much torque for their clutch. Thread here

https://www.civicx.com/threads/exedy-clutch-torque-ratings-not-great.41243/

Wait for ACT to start delivery. There is a thread with info floating around here I will dig up. This six puck seems like the one to get if you're gonna make some torque

https://www.civicx.com/threads/act-clutch-flywheel-review.37160/

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
The clutch is already out...and the numbers aren't that great.

The HF03 is a single-mass flywheel that weighs 19.4lbs.

The Stage 1 clutch is rated for 235ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, and uses a full-faced organic disc.

The Stage 2 clutch is rated for 255ft/lbs of torque at the wheels, and uses a 3-puck cerametallic disc.

TSP Stage 1 dyno graph shows 281 ft/lbs torque....so just a canned tune is too much torque for their clutch. Thread here

https://www.civicx.com/threads/exedy-clutch-torque-ratings-not-great.41243/

Wait for ACT to start delivery. There is a thread with info floating around here I will dig up. This six puck seems like the one to get if you're gonna make some torque

https://www.civicx.com/threads/act-clutch-flywheel-review.37160/
Well I Just want a bit more holding capacity and the torque numbers seems way underated. For those that need a bit more power should be fine.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I Just want a bit more holding capacity and the torque numbers seems way underated. For those that need a bit more power should be fine.
What are you basing your assumption on that those numbers are "underrated"? When a manufacturer states something like that, especially the torque holding power of a clutch in a turbo vehicle application, I would think that while they will leave a little headroom above that, what's the point at them saying it handles less than it really does? I would think they would want to put the biggest number they can there safely to appeal to a larger audience. It makes no sense to claim much less than what it's capable of. What kills me is that their Stage 2 clutch doesn't even hold the power that a standard, stock Si with just a basic "canned tune" makes.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are you basing your assumption on that those numbers are "underrated"? When a manufacturer states something like that, especially the torque holding power of a clutch in a turbo vehicle application, I would think that while they will leave a little headroom above that, what's the point at them saying it handles less than it really does? I would think they would want to put the biggest number they can there safely to appeal to a larger audience. It makes no sense to claim much less than what it's capable of. What kills me is that their Stage 2 clutch doesn't even hold the power that a standard, stock Si with just a basic "canned tune" makes.
I think they value their reputation more than just a sale. They don't want to have a rating close to their capacity because a guy can abuse the clutch and cause it to fail anyway because of the abuse. The guy might then get online and trash the company when it was really the guys fault. They want to sell bulletproof clutches.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think they value their reputation more than just a sale. They don't want to have a rating close to their capacity because a guy can abuse the clutch and cause it to fail anyway because of the abuse. The guy might then get online and trash the company when it was really the guys fault. They want to sell bulletproof clutches.
Well their clutch isn't bullet proof. They made a single mass flywheel paired with their unsprung 3 puck and unsprung disc. They did not make a sprung option which is what is recommended for a single mass flywheel. Otherwise you'd have to install it only on your stock dmf which is shit.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well their clutch isn't bullet proof. They made a single mass flywheel paired with their unsprung 3 puck and unsprung disc. They did not make a sprung option which is what is recommended for a single mass flywheel. Otherwise you'd have to install it only on your stock dmf which is shit.
Wow....I didn't even think, or even know about the pairing issues involved there! I said it before, and I will say it again....Exedy has missed the mark on this. They could have EASILY taken the majority of the market share had they realized we were all waiting for them to do what they normally do....but they sorely missed their mark. I am excited to get my ACT clutch when they hit the market, hopefully in November....I sure miss using more than 1/3 of my throttle haha.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Any news on Exedy's users?
How much does it handle properly?

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any news on Exedy's users?
How much does it handle properly?
Seems like no one has EXEDY on their car yet. I experienced a slippage last night in 4th on the HWY TSP stage one on map 2 in sport mode. The weather in Florida is getting cooler, so I have been pushing a little hard these past few days. I went back to map 1 now off sport mode to keep her level for a while. This morning no slippage. I will make it last till something other than the Eman option. My car is a lease and if I got to change the clutch I may go with one for less. I may not keep this car.

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I experienced a slippage last night in 4th on the HWY TSP stage one on map 2 in sport mode. T
I'd advise reflashing with boost by gear options filled out. I went with factory boost in 4th, 15psi in 5th and 10psi in 6th.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
So, anyone mounting these Exedy clutches could give us some opinions?
Sponsored