Crazy or cool: Spoiler

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Crazy or cool: Spoiler A73BA485-1207-4C5E-96B5-13183FC9C0B7
I have been looking into aftermarket universal spoilers and came across the Seibon Carbon Fiber GT Wing for the FR-S/BRZ. (I know it’s not universal) However, I really dig the look of it and although it’s specific to that vehicle, it’s entirely possible to put it on a 10th gen civic sedan. That would look amazing. I’m considering trying it out. I’ve wanted a duckbill but ya boy has to stand out. Is this idea too crazy? Far fetched? Lmk your thoughts. I’m looking into making cardboard cutouts that mirror the actual wing to see how it would sit. Know of anybody that actually has it on their 86?hmu
Sponsored

OP
OP
MarshX

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
don't put ricer spoilers on a sedan (or a front wheel drive car for that matter)
At the end of the day, physics and judgement aside, your car is your property and you decide what you want to do with it.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
To be fair though, you are asking for people's opionions. "Lmk your thoughts" Daniel did exactly what you asked of him. Not everyone will have the same taste as you. Thats just something you have to face when your in an online forum. Hell, we have members on here that will tell what should be and what shouldn't be even when no one asked for their opinion.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
At the end of the day, physics and judgement aside, your car is your property and you decide what you want to do with it.
It's also a LOOKS issue, look at pictures of FRS's the trunk on that car is much less sloped (where these bolt down) compared to the trunk of a sedan and that wing doesn't look to have much if any angle adjustment so you are gonna end up with a wing where the front is higher then the rear and it's just gonna look stupid. Very few sedans have body lines where a spoiler even looks right (2002 era WRX is one of those, that car looks naked without a wing). Also, bro you asked for opinions. The first of my 2 94 Accord Sedans had the factory spoiler, I took it off and filled the holes

Bit late for that, the Si and CTR already exist.
don't get me started on the CTR and all it's ricer big fake vents in the bumpers and having a wing on a hatchback and frankly I'm still pissed at Honda for only making the Type R in a hatchback or that modern hatchbacks have 4 doors not the true hatchback of the 7th gen and older civics, I've owned several civics over the years. only put a wing on one of them and even then it was closer to a duckbill wing then this thing and I had design plans I never got yo complete because the car was lost to a flood, I actually got a Saleen Wing from an early 2000's Mustang that the owner had removed to put some hideous triple stack monstrosity on in it's place. Here is a picture, the plan was originally to blend the widebody up to the wing so things lined up. (fair warning I was a ricer myself back then).

Honda Civic 10th gen Crazy or cool: Spoiler 35760_142214839125685_1959017_n

Not this BS argument again :banghead:
BS? I think you mean facts good sir.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I was never a fan of those generic looking wings, it just looks cheap unless it's a legit big wing. Paint matched and "oem" fit looks the best imo. Like the 8th gen mugen wing, rsx R wing, or amuse wing for the Z

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
BS? I think you mean facts good sir.
Nope, just BS. There's absolutely no reason not to put a spoiler on a FWD car... Well, there's one and it's aesthetics.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
A73BA485-1207-4C5E-96B5-13183FC9C0B7.png
I have been looking into aftermarket universal spoilers and came across the Seibon Carbon Fiber GT Wing for the FR-S/BRZ. (I know it’s not universal) However, I really dig the look of it and although it’s specific to that vehicle, it’s entirely possible to put it on a 10th gen civic sedan. That would look amazing. I’m considering trying it out. I’ve wanted a duckbill but ya boy has to stand out. Is this idea too crazy? Far fetched? Lmk your thoughts. I’m looking into making cardboard cutouts that mirror the actual wing to see how it would sit. Know of anybody that actually has it on their 86?hmu

This one is ugly !