kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It’s funny to me.
Android to me always feels like babysitting.
It constantly needs attention and tweaks.
For some people all that control feels exciting. For me it just feels like a giant time suck. That you wouldn’t need 10million options for every little thing if the stock version was solid to begin with.
and lord knows how many times I’ve seen someone call Apples UI ugly just to see they’ve made every icon on their phone a boob or something. but cest la vie. Let’s pretend a duopoly that’s crushed every other player in the market gives us actual choice and fight about it. Totally doesn’t reflect anything else. Right?
Pretty sure my phone never needs tweaking and its funny that every iPhone user always complains about how hard android is to use because they're an idiot. Also funny how you mention people making their icons boobs, because that's the dumbest shit I've heard and the fact that you've actually met people that've done that says more about the environment you're in rather than the user base of a phones operating system.

Apples UI is trash. What good reason is there to have every single app you've downloaded on pages of the home screen? Because I'm too stupid to look through an app drawer, or is it too hard to even comprehend the existence of one? I'm a special case when it comes to that though. I never use stock launchers and the only stock launchers I've ever liked were OnePlus and Google's official one. Though I suppose wanting to use a different launcher than stock is an inconvience, and using that launcher I'm sure I've turned the UI sound effects to girls moaning or something that indicates even lower intelligence to that of an iPhone user.

I'll be honest though, the people who do things like me, are the same people who actually take time out of their days to argue about iPhone vs Android. That's why the discussions always come down to it. Because people who use iPhone's and don't care don't say anything, and people who use androids just as they are and don't care don't say anything. Let us not forget, we're not the majority. We will always be the vocal minority. Considering there's millions upon millions of iPhone users and even more so that of android users.

That's just it though. I do love tweaking my phone. I love changing the icons, adding widgets, changing my texting app, changing my ringtone and text tone, I love my Fleksy keyboard and I even loved it when I used it on iPhone's. I don't have to do anything to optimize my battery, not any further tweaking for better optimization but I do cut UI animations in half to make my phone faster than others but that's a one time deal. That hasn't always been the case, because pre kit-kat android was trash and Samsung's TouchWiz only started getting good since they got rid of it. I don't get android because it's fun having to tinker it to make it run well because despite what iPhone users think I do not have to. I get android because if I wanna do something with or to my phone, I can, and I don't need to break daddy's rules to do it.
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Pretty sure my phone never needs tweaking and its funny that every iPhone user always complains about how hard android is to use because they're an idiot. Also funny how you mention people making their icons boobs, because that's the dumbest shit I've heard and the fact that you've actually met people that've done that says more about the environment you're in rather than the user base of a phones operating system.

Apples UI is trash. What good reason is there to have every single app you've downloaded on pages of the home screen? Because I'm too stupid to look through an app drawer, or is it too hard to even comprehend the existence of one? I'm a special case when it comes to that though. I never use stock launchers and the only stock launchers I've ever liked were OnePlus and Google's official one. Though I suppose wanting to use a different launcher than stock is an inconvience, and using that launcher I'm sure I've turned the UI sound effects to girls moaning or something that indicates even lower intelligence to that of an iPhone user.

I'll be honest though, the people who do things like me, are the same people who actually take time out of their days to argue about iPhone vs Android. That's why the discussions always come down to it. Because people who use iPhone's and don't care don't say anything, and people who use androids just as they are and don't care don't say anything. Let us not forget, we're not the majority. We will always be the vocal minority. Considering there's millions upon millions of iPhone users and even more so that of android users.

That's just it though. I do love tweaking my phone. I love changing the icons, adding widgets, changing my texting app, changing my ringtone and text tone, I love my Fleksy keyboard and I even loved it when I used it on iPhone's. I don't have to do anything to optimize my battery, not any further tweaking for better optimization but I do cut UI animations in half to make my phone faster than others but that's a one time deal. That hasn't always been the case, because pre kit-kat android was trash and Samsung's TouchWiz only started getting good since they got rid of it. I don't get android because it's fun having to tinker it to make it run well because despite what iPhone users think I do not have to. I get android because if I wanna do something with or to my phone, I can, and I don't need to break daddy's rules to do it.
As a person who's used both of them a lot from rooted androids with custom ROM's and bootloaders and jailbroken iPhone's, Apple vs android is a dumb comparison same as windows vs. mac. Android people will always say android is better and iPhone people will always say iPhone is better. Point is, they both have their pros and cons and it's just a matter of what you are looking for in a phone. For me, I realized that I just want a phone that works, takes decent pictures, has decent battery and I also love the connectivity of iMessage and FaceTime since most of my family and friends use iPhone as well. The app layout works for me because I have it set into little sub categories, everything just works. I could care less about customization now because I frankly don't have time for that. You might on the other hand like to mess around with your phone frequently and have it set up in a certain way so Android works better for you. It's all just preference, they both do the same damn thing at the end of the day.

Last edited:

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
As a person who's used both of them a lot from rooted androids with custom ROM's and bootloaders and jailbroken iPhone's, Apple vs android is a dumb comparison same as windows vs. mac. Android people will always say android is better and iPhone people will always say iPhone is better. Point is, they both have their pros and cons and it's just a matter of what you are looking for in a phone. For me, I realized that I just want a phone that works, takes decent pictures, has decent battery and I also love the connectivity of iMessage and FaceTime since most of my family and friends use iPhone as well. The app layout works for me because I have it set into little sub categories, everything just works. I could care less about customization now because I frankly don't have time for that. You might on the other hand like to mess around with your phone frequently and have it set up in a certain way so Android works better for you. It's all just preference, they both do the same damn thing at the end of the day.
Look at my boy being reasonable and not talking smack. I'm so proud. :cry:

Yeah. With the lack of a social life I do have time to do much more than other people would.

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
iOS12 and iOS13 added two major usable features for me.

iOS12 brought Waze and Google Maps as options which I love!
iOS13 brought the ability to use the phone independently of the CarPlay screen, Album art on music play, and the new dashboard. The new dashboard has its quirk as it only uses Apple Maps but I am hoping they allow others to play. I sure as hell thought Waze and Google Maps never would've showed up but the Cook era has thrown a few suprises here and there.

As for android vs iPhone, @jred721 said it the best. I like things that work without fuss and iMessage is a major plus for family and friends. At this point, no one is going to convert one side to another. I do really like Androids screen calls feature and I can see Apple adding it eventually with all these crazy Robo spam callers.

I will probably read up on the iOS13 carplay framework WWDC presentation to see if there is anything about 3rd parties utilizing the dashboard.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
In the early 2000s I had a blackberry for my job (company reimbursed me ) after 7 years they had a big lay off and shut down so I went back to a flip phone which I was perfectly happy with I do own a Mac book and a iPad ( which I’m using to type this post) so I didn’t see a need for a iPhone. Until I bought my 2018 civic EX-T
Coupe with apple play ( I was not happy that it didn’t have a CD player ) so I bought a iPhone 7 and I like the Apple CarPlay ( now I don’t have to keep a cd case in the car) about two weeks ago I had my phone in my swim trunk pocket and went for a swim I was in the pool about 5 minutes until I realized the phone was in my pocket. I’ll have to say the lasted for four days until it went to the digital grave. So I got the iPhone XR
And when I downloaded iOS 13 and plug it into the car I got nervous when I saw a different screen on the head unit that’s why I posted this thread

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
For the record, the split screen isn't static. It's "smart" and can have some situational variance. It just doesn't have much to do so with right now.
For example, since I have a myq, HomeKit compatible garage door it brings up a 3rd panel with the option to open and close the garage door on touch.

Android Auto can suck it. :p

Honda Civic 10th gen I downloaded iOS 13 and got this A3906B62-B502-405E-9D4F-4586F2673B94

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For the record, the split screen isn't static. It's "smart" and can have some situational variance. It just doesn't have much to do so with right now.
For example, since I have a myq, HomeKit compatible garage door it brings up a 3rd panel with the option to open and close the garage door on touch.

A3906B62-B502-405E-9D4F-4586F2673B94.jpeg
Perfect it makes more useful :headbang:

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
"Siri Suggestions" can be toggled in the settings app on Apple Carplay screen for that 3rd panel on the split screen on the Dashboard. While it is beneficial for Homekit garage doors, I find no use with Calendar meetings popping up there.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"Siri Suggestions" can be toggled in the settings app on Apple Carplay screen for that 3rd panel on the split screen on the Dashboard. While it is beneficial for Homekit garage doors, I find no use with Calendar meetings popping up there.
Can you change that?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm sure over time things like being able to set your security system, or several over situational things will appear over time. CarPlay just doesn't get a lot of love though.
You can either turn off the suggestions full stop, or it will decide what it feels is important and show it to you basically.
In a view of a few things I don't think it's crazy to say most people would want the next thing on their calendar for the day to show.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

A3906B62-B502-405E-9D4F-4586F2673B94.jpeg
Good God.. A feature I'm actually jealous of :eek:. I haven't been this proud of apple since they finally put 1080p on a phone after everyone else was already 2k :confused:

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I'm sure over time things like being able to set your security system, or several over situational things will appear over time. CarPlay just doesn't get a lot of love though.
You can either turn off the suggestions full stop, or it will decide what it feels is important and show it to you basically.
In a view of a few things I don't think it's crazy to say most people would want the next thing on their calendar for the day to show.
Yea agreed. I left it on for now, I hope they add more granularity on what Siri Suggestions can do. Maybe it actually is configurable through Siri in the main settings. I haven't really looked into too deeply yet. It would be nice to be able to run Home Automation based on Geolocation like how it pops up on the phone when I get close to home or leave home.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
(pssst.... if you do a screenshot with your iPhone while CarPlay is running, it'll also take a screenshot of the car's display...)

Honda Civic 10th gen I downloaded iOS 13 and got this D2830B20-91EA-4F24-A350-0A2BF8C19CDD

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Pretty sure my phone never needs tweaking and its funny that every iPhone user always complains about how hard android is to use because they're an idiot.
That's quite amazing. Are they really?