hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
A DP/FP on it's own will make a power difference as long as you get a tune to suit, otherwise expect CEL.

A Full exhaust will allow additional (minimal) power gain as it's mostly noise from the cat back.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Yes dp/fp would benefit on stock exhaust but would need ktuner like hitch said to disable the O2 slow response

OP
OP

scano

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si sedan
Country flag
@hitch @Jes_si562 have you guys used the Hondata flashpro? Was reading online and it seems to have two calibrations a 6+psi and 9 psi. My civic is still in its stock stages so do you guys think that with the 6+ psi the CEL will be avoided?

Thanks in advance!

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
@hitch @Jes_si562 have you guys used the Hondata flashpro? Was reading online and it seems to have two calibrations a 6+psi and 9 psi. My civic is still in its stock stages so do you guys think that with the 6+ psi the CEL will be avoided?

Thanks in advance!
Yes you'll have to disable the slow o2 response on flashpro or ktuner and if you like you can do the +6psi calibration on top of that

OP
OP

scano

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si sedan
Country flag
Yes you'll have to disable the slow o2 response on flashpro or ktuner and if you like you can do the +6psi calibration on top of that
@Jes_si562
Any chance that disabling the o2 response will affect emissions?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
be aware some aftermarket catted DP with "high flow cat" have been known to still result in O2 sensor codes.

Also while the stock catback is not a source of restriction from a flow viewpoint, it still does have weight to it. If you are able to replace with something much lighter in weight, it's going to benefit performance.

Search the forum for Hondata vs ktuner. Both are ok, one is generally loved much more. I own both. My Hondata has been sitting in the box so long that I'm probably going to sell it. It has the TSP Stg1 map attached to it, so I guess that's worth mentioning. Great map, but it runs better on ktuner than on Hondata at least from my personal experience.

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
My car has a custom tune map applied (I'm in Australia). Using Hondata and the Flashpro.

I'm not familiar with the built-in available calibrations, with only a DP/FP however I'd just apply a standard map that caters for that mod to avoid the CEL. I wouldn't go pushing more psi, you'll just generate more heat ;)
Sponsored