CNET's Roadshow - Civic vs. Elantra vs. Corolla

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only people who buy Corollas are the ones who's been stuck with Toyota since the stone age. Honda civic has a huge edge as it stands. Can't wait for my SI to arrive :) come on honda!! LOl

OP
OP
Billy4202

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
  • Banned
Only people who buy Corollas are the ones who's been stuck with Toyota since the stone age. Honda civic has a huge edge as it stands. Can't wait for my SI to arrive :) come on honda!! LOl
I've always thought Toyotas are (typically) the brand for people who hate driving.

Or can't drive.

#justcamrythings

mholbrook38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX, Volvo C30, Porsche 911
Great video but they did not include the new Nissan Sentra in the lineup. I think that would have also been a contender. Nothing from Mazda either. I'm waiting for the Hatch or, preferably the Civic Hatch SI with an auto trans. I have diabetic neuropathy and had to sell my last Honda SI because I could not "feel" the pedals well enough. I somehow manage the 911 I have but it is ancient and rarely goes out of the garage. Please Honda, give us the SI we are waiting for.

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I'm actually surprised Toyota hasn't done much to spice up the Corolla. They don't score very well among any of the automotive tests, and I don't think it will get any better. They should at least offer some of the safety features to make it more of a viable option for small families on a tight budget. My recommendation would be an emergency refresh, ie 2013 Honda Civic style haha

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Well firsthonda got his first honda yesterday yay. Blue coupe ext I love it. Drives so nice. I say this on this compare because my girlfriend has a new corolla and I kinda feel bad I didn't talk her into a new Civic. She got her econobox last year when the Civic sedans just started coming out so I am sure her payment is cheaper and the car is meant to last but I still feel bad. Ha but her dad is a toyota man so I couldn't make the Honda argument. Oh well maybe next time for her. But for me Honda for life!

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
Well firsthonda got his first honda yesterday yay. Blue coupe ext I love it. Drives so nice. I say this on this compare because my girlfriend has a new corolla and I kinda feel bad I didn't talk her into a new Civic. She got her econobox last year when the Civic sedans just started coming out so I am sure her payment is cheaper and the car is meant to last but I still feel bad. Ha but her dad is a toyota man so I couldn't make the Honda argument. Oh well maybe next time for her. But for me Honda for life!
Congrats! Hey if things go well with the girlfriend in the future you might be deciding what cars you're both going to buy ;)

OP
OP
Billy4202

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm actually surprised Toyota hasn't done much to spice up the Corolla. They don't score very well among any of the automotive tests, and I don't think it will get any better. They should at least offer some of the safety features to make it more of a viable option for small families on a tight budget. My recommendation would be an emergency refresh, ie 2013 Honda Civic style haha
Because as a company, Toyota is complacent. Raking in the dough, though.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
ehh, I feel like they are going for slightly different customers. The base corolla compares very well to the base civic and is a little cheaper.
Sponsored