First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see some of you guys convinced them to go behind the 3rd brake light. The guy said that since the 3rd brake light was molded in to the back window piece that he would cut around it. On my old Solara, the light housing disconnected from the rear deck and they were able to apply the tint and re-install the brake light.
Wouldn't it be a safety issue? Plus, with the number of distracted drivers today, I'd rather not make my taillights dimmer...
Sponsored

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Wouldn't it be a safety issue? Plus, with the number of distracted drivers today, I'd rather not make my taillights dimmer...
Yeah, I think that's the Idea...but I see a lot of other sedans on here with all of their back tinted; looks much better to me. My Solara had a 3rd brake light in the spoiler I added, so technically I had 3 regular and one dim :) until it burnt out and I never bothered to replace it.

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
I see some of you guys convinced them to go behind the 3rd brake light. The guy said that since the 3rd brake light was molded in to the back window piece that he would cut around it. On my old Solara, the light housing disconnected from the rear deck and they were able to apply the tint and re-install the brake light.
I'm not sure how they did it for mines, but they just did it. I didn't have to convince them. I think if you go to a place that is more like a family owned business where the worker does everything by hand, then they most likely will not have the tools to work around it and will end up cutting around the break light. This is only my own personal speculation, but based off of that, I decided to go to a more well known popular tinting place and they just tinted the entire window like I payed for.

ext_katie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
They had to cut mine custom but put tint over the brake light. They said it looked better that way.

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh! What the heck?! I had them tinted Tuesday (3 days ago) and I have been driving my Truck the past couple of days. I just looked down and noticed this! How did the tint guy do this???
Is the standard operating procedure? My Solara had totally different rubber at the window. Civic rubber here is super soft and doesn't touch the glass, Solara was harder rubber and touched glass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only side window without damage is the driver side

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima

HondaGirl999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Got the windows tinted today. Didn't realize it was possible to be even MORE in love with this car. 50% in the front, 5% in the back.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 20160617_151325
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 20160617_151334

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh! What the heck?! I had them tinted Tuesday (3 days ago) and I have been driving my Truck the past couple of days. I just looked down and noticed this! How did the tint guy do this???
Is the standard operating procedure? My Solara had totally different rubber at the window. Civic rubber here is super soft and doesn't touch the glass, Solara was harder rubber and touched glass.

image.jpeg
That definitely should not have happened...seems like he either did it too quickly or was inexperienced.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I'm seriously considering removing my tint. I do half my driving at night, and it's starting to get on my nerves. Plus, after looking at a few pics, I think it looks better with clear windows. Don't know yet though. I know it will be slightly warmer inside without tint, but I can adjust. From previous experience, it won't be a gargantuan difference anyway.

ext_katie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I'm seriously considering removing my tint. I do half my driving at night, and it's starting to get on my nerves. Plus, after looking at a few pics, I think it looks better with clear windows. Don't know yet though. I know it will be slightly warmer inside without tint, but I can adjust. From previous experience, it won't be a gargantuan difference anyway.
I could never drive a car without tint. I made arrangements to get it tinted on a work day because I couldn't wait one day.