ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
There are a few threads on this. I had it and it was great. Plug in and go, simple.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I got the jb4 for 2 reasons. I had one in my previous car, jetta and no down time. My car is my daily driver so I can't have any down time. A few months later hondata had an event near me so I jumped on the opportunity. If it weren't for that I'd still be running the jb4. Both experiences with the jb4 have been great.

Had? Why had? Why did you remove and what did you go to

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Had it on my 2015 BMW 335i and 2018 Audi s5 sport back without an issue? The only annoying thing was the random codes on the Audi which was more of a bug

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Sensor misinformation is NEVER a replacement for a proper tune. A cheap ass way of getting a tiny bit of improvement. But by all means go for it if you need to cheap out.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
An affordable alternative is cheaping out? These systems are reliable and have all of the factory safety limits. I've used these for years with zero issues and decent performance gains.

Sensor misinformation is NEVER a replacement for a proper tune. A cheap ass way of getting a tiny bit of improvement. But by all means go for it if you need to cheap out.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Jb4 and other burger tuning products are piggybacks. I had their device for mini cooper and had problems with coils frying and the ecu getting damaged. Never again.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Ah yes because no one has ever blown up using k tuner :rolleyes:
With the included tunes and general modifications? Please link me, as it would be news. We want to know every point of failure to continue to progress.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Exactly my point. People make general statements bashing a product with no prior experience. Op is asking if anyone is running jb4. I'd like to clarify I should have said tuner in general. No beef with you guys.

With the included tunes and general modifications? Please link me, as it would be news. We want to know every point of failure to continue to progress.

Last edited:

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. I’ve had 3 JB4s and not one issue.

In the Bmw world burger tuning has a great reputation as well
Go talk to any reputable tuner and ask them about running a box of resistors as compared to actually tuning with an ecu tuner and then get back to me.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
Ah yes because no one has ever blown up using a tuner :rolleyes:
You are missing the point. “Tuning” your car by tricking sensors is pointless when you can actually tune your ecu. It isn’t 2003, we don’t have to use shitty piggybacks anymore.
Sponsored