Anyone use regular gas in their Si?

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have zero idea if your car came with 87 in it. The chances are, it did. It's no big deal.
Correct, I guess I would be a bit put off by a dealer who tells buyers they put 87 in a vehicle that is recommended to have 91, that gives off a 'we don't give a damn' vibe. Also, I suppose if you respect the break in period, you should have all of the 87 out of it's system by the time the spirited driving begins :headbang:
Sponsored

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
93 all day errr fill up.
My wife's sport we put 89...no need because her car is the commuter. Her oil is the 0W20 Mobil 1 ESP formula. That oil is green lol.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
LOL I'm pretty sure he wasn't advocating using 87 but simply saying (like I was) that it won't cause any damage if you did. There's a difference in saying something is OK and telling you to do it.

How long will this thread go on? The horse has been beaten to death and now we're shooting it.
The horse has been beaten, but like an oil thread, it will be beaten, shot, cut into pieces and served to my dog

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm not a fan of the President (as is probably clear), but vaping has been proven as the cause of several deaths. Anyway, another topic for another time...
Yeah, cigarettes kill 320,000 people every year, but it's cool because tobacco companies have money to pay politicians with so that's okay they can stay and leave less options for a nicotine addicted population.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What exactly is detonation?
It's another word for knocking, the fuel/air combusts in the chamber before the spark plug has a change to ignite it on proper timing.
What he said but another way to put it would be when the fuel/air mixture is ignited prematurely due to compression rather than the spark plug as intended.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That's not true. The regular turbo charged Civics as well as the 1.5T Accord both use regular unleaded, as well as the CR-V EX etc. Only the Civic Si, the CTR and the Accord Sport 2.0T use Premium. If you use Premium on these models, you are just wasting money as they do not benefit from Premium gasoline. Again, I am only referring to stock engines. Tuning them might change things

Accord.JPG

Regular Civic.JPG

Good to know. I still wouldn’t use any fuel below 91 in any of my turbocharged engines. But that’s my opinion.
Sponsored