How much did you pay?

biggyb87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. I'm a noob to this forum and the civic life. I just bought my car on 5/20. I was wondering how much did you guys pay for your civic?
Sponsored

lakersno834

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am in CA right now but moving to OH next week. Looking to buy LX. I looked at prices in both states to compare. TruCar giving estimates of 17,630 in CA and 18,900 in Ohio. I am not sure which model are you asking about. That's the price before Taxes and Fees.

crbs2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX
Hey guys. I'm a noob to this forum and the civic life. I just bought my car on 5/20. I was wondering how much did you guys pay for your civic?
Was looking at 2016 EX but they had a leftover new 2015 EX on lot and offered me $18.4 with all weather mats plus TTL. Not sure if that's better than 2016 new?

Last edited:

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
2016 EX-T Cosmo Blue $20,471.16 (purchased in Irvine on 06/09/16)
Including taxes and fees? That's a great deal. Do you mind telling me which salesperson sold you the car? I'm not to far from Irvine so I might buy my EX-T from there if I can get that price.

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
Including taxes and fees? That's a great deal. Do you mind telling me which salesperson sold you the car? I'm not to far from Irvine so I might buy my EX-T from there if I can get that price.
Yup, it was out the door pricing. I was going to work with RSM Honda since they are the local Costco dealer but they kept adding accessories to make up for the Costco discount. Norm Reeves actually came in way below Costco price. I worked with Cooper Mugg (internet sales) I was in and out in less than 90 min.

OP
OP
biggyb87

biggyb87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Check out Norm Reeves Honda. I got mine at the Huntington Beach location. They also gave me a 1 year beach parking pass with the car among other stuff. i believe for my EX-T I paid 22,500 out the door.

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
Check out Norm Reeves Honda. I got mine at the Huntington Beach location. They also gave me a 1 year beach parking pass with the car among other stuff. i believe for my EX-T I paid 22,500 out the door.
That's where I got mine too (Irvine). Looks like Norm Reeves has some aggressive pricing. Nice they threw in some extras! Enjoy!! :)

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
Yup, it was out the door pricing. I was going to work with RSM Honda since they are the local Costco dealer but they kept adding accessories to make up for the Costco discount. Norm Reeves actually came in way below Costco price. I worked with Cooper Mugg (internet sales) I was in and out in less than 90 min.
Thank you so much for the info! I was about to go to Scott Robinson Torrance Honda and pay just below $24,000 OTD for the EX-T. There is a Norm Reeves in Cerritos and Irvine, I'll check out both of em :)

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
That's where I got mine too (Irvine). Looks like Norm Reeves has some aggressive pricing. Nice they threw in some extras! Enjoy!! :)
I emailed them and got a response from Brad Mugg. Hopefully he gives me a good deal. Did they give you the OTD price over the Internet or did you have to go there in person? In my experience you usually have to show up at the dealer to get an OTD price.

Thanks again for the response :).

KyraMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T
I emailed them and got a response from Brad Mugg. Hopefully he gives me a good deal. Did they give you the OTD price over the Internet or did you have to go there in person? In my experience you usually have to show up at the dealer to get an OTD price.

Thanks again for the response :).
I told them I want out the door, no dealer accessories ie: KARR Alarm, Wheel Locks, Security Etching. And Cooper emailed me within the hour. I went in, looked at the car (I had already test drivin the EX and EX-T at RSM) Norm Reeves happened to have the color I wanted in the EX-T (Cosmo Blue). I went in and we did the deal. Now of course I went into financing and they tried to add stuff and I told them absolutely not and started to get up and Sam in finance started stuttering and said ok, ok). They actually let me take the car without paying for i (which seemed very odd to me but I'm from Utah). I didn't have time to transfer the money since I paid cash, I wanted to wire the money but they wouldn't let me. I brought the check in the next morning by 9:30. Sam (finance) was kind of your typical finance guy very pushy and rude, he didn't think I was actually going to pay for the car - that it would fall into their financing if I didn't bring the money in by Sunday morning. And was wiriting notes all over my folder with a big black sharpie. Dealing with him was the only unpleasant experience. If you get the car from the Irvine location I highly recommend you don't have your sales guy pair you with him. I guy I dealt with Friday morning when I dropped off the check was very pleasant. Maybe Brad and Cooper are related, see what Brad comes back with, but maybe call Cooper directly too. You can give him my name and that I bought the car Thursday afternoon (username is my fist name). GOOD LUCK!!!

przm_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx
I told them I want out the door, no dealer accessories ie: KARR Alarm, Wheel Locks, Security Etching. And Cooper emailed me within the hour. I went in, looked at the car (I had already test drivin the EX and EX-T at RSM) Norm Reeves happened to have the color I wanted in the EX-T (Cosmo Blue). I went in and we did the deal. Now of course I went into financing and they tried to add stuff and I told them absolutely not and started to get up and Sam in finance started stuttering and said ok, ok). They actually let me take the car without paying for i (which seemed very odd to me but I'm from Utah). I didn't have time to transfer the money since I paid cash, I wanted to wire the money but they wouldn't let me. I brought the check in the next morning by 9:30. Sam (finance) was kind of your typical finance guy very pushy and rude, he didn't think I was actually going to pay for the car - that it would fall into their financing if I didn't bring the money in by Sunday morning. And was wiriting notes all over my folder with a big black sharpie. Dealing with him was the only unpleasant experience. If you get the car from the Irvine location I highly recommend you don't have your sales guy pair you with him. I guy I dealt with Friday morning when I dropped off the check was very pleasant. Maybe Brad and Cooper are related, see what Brad comes back with, but maybe call Cooper directly too. You can give him my name and that I bought the car Thursday afternoon (username is my fist name). GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you so much for all the information, this is the first time I'm buying a car so this helps a lot!

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
They have beach parking passes?o_o

flashncrash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing, 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5 Premium, 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
Had been looking for a Cosmic Blue EX-T w/Honda Sensing for over a month. The color/trim combo is rare. Checked Truecar, AAA which uses Truecar, and Roadster.com where i had bought my 2016 Forester. Norm Reeves was asking 22400 (standard destination charge included) but before taxes, fees, etc. Just bought mine yesterday near the Central Valley, June 12, for 23476.76 out the door. They had the splash guards, wheel locks and all-weather cargo tray for 695 but i told them i didn't want any dealer-added accessories. they ended not charging for them. So the ePrice was 21099, doc fee 80, killer CA sales tax 2012.01, EVR or transfer fee 29, vehicle license fee and registration fee 248 and CA tire fee 8.75.