First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased 27Won's W1 Turbo and PRL FP/DP and inter cooler a few months back and had time this weekend to conquer the installation. I'm new to turbo's and tunes in general but am a pretty handy weekend warrior on car repairs. I wanted to praise 27Won on their detailed step by step well written instructions with color pictures that were a huge help during the process. I took my time following every step and torquing all the fasteners to spec. After I was done, I started the car and let it run and filled up the coolant reservoir to make for the half gallon or so that I lost in the process. I then went out for a test drive and smelled oil and smoke and made my way back home to an oil leak under the car. I can honestly say my heart sank a bit when I started the car and saw oil dripping out thinking the worst and that I'd have to remove everything and start all over again. I checked the oil dipstick and it didn't even register that I had lost any which was good, was still between the markers on the orange portion of the dipstick It was Sunday evening here in Chicago and I figured I'dc all 27Won to leave a msg on how best to approach this come the following day. To my surprise Vincent picked up the phone (totally didn't expect that as it was a weekend) and guided me to the correct repair. He saved me from removing the entire turbo assembly and saved me a ton of time. I ended up having an oil leak from reusing an oil drain line gasket off the stock turbo. So I took a trip to Honda and picked up part# 15544-59B-003 for $4. To get to it I had remove the heatshield and downpipe and reinstall a new oil gasket between the oil drain line and bottom of the turbo. I loaded the KTuner 27Won 93 octane non-race tune (for now). I just got back from my followup test drive a day later and no more leaks and the car pulls hard! I can't say enough great things about Vincent and his support for his products! THANKS AGAIN VINCENT YOU TOTALLY SAVED THE DAY! Next stop will be Derek Robinson's shop in the near future! (After my CTR clutch retrofit from Eman comes in!)
Sponsored

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I purchased 27Won's W1 Turbo and PRL FP/DP and inter cooler a few months back and had time this weekend to conquer the installation. I'm new to turbo's and tunes in general but am a pretty handy weekend warrior on car repairs. I wanted to praise 27Won on their detailed step by step well written instructions with color pictures that were a huge help during the process. I took my time following every step and torquing all the fasteners to spec. After I was done, I started the car and let it run and filled up the coolant reservoir to make for the half gallon or so that I lost in the process. I then went out for a test drive and smelled oil and smoke and made my way back home to an oil leak under the car. I can honestly say my heart sank a bit when I started the car and saw oil dripping out thinking the worst and that I'd have to remove everything and start all over again. I checked the oil dipstick and it didn't even register that I had lost any which was good, was still between the markers on the orange portion of the dipstick It was Sunday evening here in Chicago and I figured I'dc all 27Won to leave a msg on how best to approach this come the following day. To my surprise Vincent picked up the phone (totally didn't expect that as it was a weekend) and guided me to the correct repair. He saved me from removing the entire turbo assembly and saved me a ton of time. I ended up having an oil leak from reusing an oil drain line gasket off the stock turbo. So I took a trip to Honda and picked up part# 15544-59B-003 for $4. To get to it I had remove the heatshield and downpipe and reinstall a new oil gasket between the oil drain line and bottom of the turbo. I loaded the KTuner 27Won 93 octane non-race tune (for now). I just got back from my followup test drive a day later and no more leaks and the car pulls hard! I can't say enough great things about Vincent and his support for his products! THANKS AGAIN VINCENT YOU TOTALLY SAVED THE DAY! Next stop will be Derek Robinson's shop in the near future! (After my CTR clutch retrofit from Eman comes in!)
grats on your turbo!!
27won is a great company!

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Congrats on your awesome new turbo. I am mad jealous. I am still a ways from purchasing my own. Question: Does the 27won non race tune come with the turbo? If not how do you get it? I will have to figure this out because it will be a while before I can get Derek to custom tune my car. Also, how long did it take you to get a hold of Eman? I have been trying for about a month now with no luck. I send him 2 messages a week with no response.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing here, dont want to move forward before making sure that the clutch can hold, taking full advantage of the turbo. Eman hasnt replied to me either. Seems the W1 is the best way to go for daily driving with a punch. Eman is the only one who hit the jackpot with the clutch. Whoever figures something similar out and can manufacture these custom flywheels in big batches, will make a fortune.

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on your awesome new turbo. I am mad jealous. I am still a ways from purchasing my own. Question: Does the 27won non race tune come with the turbo? If not how do you get it? I will have to figure this out because it will be a while before I can get Derek to custom tune my car. Also, how long did it take you to get a hold of Eman? I have been trying for about a month now with no luck. I send him 2 messages a week with no response.
Ok, bear with me because I'm still learning KTuner functionalities. On KTuner there are 4 high level 27Won W1 tunes available. 2 for 93 octane and 2 for ethanol fuel. I'm not going to run ethanol so I didn't look at those tunes. That leaves the two 93 octane tunes. One is for non-Race CAI and the other is for RACE cai. I haven't installed the RACE cai yet (its still in the box). Within each bucket there are 3 sub tunes Tune1/Tune2/Tune3 with varying options preselected mostly turbo psi values from what I can tell. Looking over the Ktuner docs you can switch between these three sub bucket tunes -> Tune1-2-3 buckets using the "On the Fly Map Switching" here -> http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on_the_fly_map_switching.htm It involves using the steering wheel cruise control buttons and tach dash display where 1k RPM, 2K and 3K designate which tune you have selected.
Within each sub bucket Tune1, Tune 2 and Tune 3 you can use the normal/Sport mode to switch between predefined boost levels.

Hope this helps!

Eman is definitely swamped with orders! All I can suggest is to hit him up on FB messenger. I'm glad I got a hold of him back in late May and should be getting my kit rather soon!

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is a screenshot of the available KTuner options:
Honda Civic 10th gen Just installed 27Won W1 turbo! KTuner Basemaps

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Here is a screenshot of the available KTuner options:
KTuner Basemaps.jpg
I don’t see the 27won basemap on my ktuner. My ktuner is mated to a non si,not sure if they never made 27won basemaps for the base 1.5t

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t see the 27won basemap on my ktuner. My ktuner is mated to a non si,not sure if they never made 27won basemaps for the base 1.5t
Is your Ktuner software up to date

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last time I checked yes it is
Why don't you just email Ktuner? They usually respond pretty quickly. Also should not that I believe Ktuner doesn't have W1 turbo basemaps for non si's available yet.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@Marky how long did it take you to install the w1? About how many hrs?

OP
OP
Marky

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Marky how long did it take you to install the w1? About how many hrs?
Sorry I missed responding to this months ago!
The install took me about 21 hours. That also includes installing a new PRL Cobra Race Intake as well as PRL FP/DP since the originals had to come off anyway as well as learn how to load the proper tune via KTuner. I took my time didn't want to rush but I made one mistake during the process that cost me about 5 extra hours of rework and have since spoken with Vincent @27Won about including this extra part in the kit so that others would avoid my mistake. You have to be careful removing/peeling off the thin metal oil line gasket from the stock turbo and carry it over to be reused on the new turbo. Mine was sticking tot he turbo and when I removed it I accidentally creased it just a bit. No worries I thought I tapped it back straight with a flat piece of metal and thought the pressure from being sandwiched between the new turbo and the bolted in oil line of the other side would flatten and keep it sealed. I didn't give it much thought after that and moved forward. Upon test driving the car and getting about a mile from my house my hood area starting smoking and I smelled burnt oil. So I went straight home and called 27Won at like 7 PM CST on a Sunday expecting to leave a msg asking for ideas. To my surprise Vincent picked up the phone and going over my install steps guided me right to this oil seal thereby saving me from having to remove everything and starting over. He said I should be able to remove the Heat-shield/Downpipe and oil line and access the oil gasket from under the car. Absolutely saved me hours as I was about to unbolt everything all over again and start fresh. The next day morning I took a drive to the Honda dealer, picked up the oil seal for $8 and re-bolted everything back up and all has been good since. My only suggestion was to include this $8 oil seal as part of the kit so that others avoid this potential pitfall. In the end I can't say enough great things about Vincent/27Won and their taking time to walk you thru issues over the phone and offer advice, saved me tons of stress and time :)

Thanks!
Mark
Sponsored