True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8)

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone, just wrapped up dyno and power testing on our upcoming cat-back exhaust system for the Type R and I wanted to share the results here with all of you before I post them up anywhere else.

Four dyno testing we are critical to make sure we keep testing as constant and real-world as possible. We test with the hood closed and do multiple runs to get an average of runs. We don't just keep the high and the low to make the graph look impressive but we get the real results you would see. For this testing, we did 9 runs for each setup and what are below are the averages of those power runs.

This 1st graph is a 100% stock car with zero mods (green line) and the red line is the exact same car with the only change being the addition of our catback exhaust system.

The 2nd graph is the same as above (this is the 2nd average of the run groups)

We net ~11.5whp with the addition of our cat-back (included front pipe) and no tuning changes. Next will measure gains with a DP and no tune changes and then again with a simple basemap and see what she does.

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) 100% stock avg vs 80mm fp-back bolt on only

Honda Civic 10th gen True 3" exhaust system for the Civic Type R (FK8) 100% stock avg vs 80mm fp-back bolt on only #2

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good, glad to see some performance info! most exhausts makers (from what I've seen) don't really post dyno info and mostly guess at the numbers.
Or say their exhaust grants 32 whp with no other changes besides the exhaust....

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Hey Everyone, just wrapped up dyno and power testing on our upcoming cat-back exhaust system for the Type R and I wanted to share the results here with all of you before I post them up anywhere else.

Four dyno testing we are critical to make sure we keep testing as constant and real-world as possible. We test with the hood closed and do multiple runs to get an average of runs. We don't just keep the high and the low to make the graph look impressive but we get the real results you would see. For this testing, we did 9 runs for each setup and what are below are the averages of those power runs.

This 1st graph is a 100% stock car with zero mods (green line) and the red line is the exact same car with the only change being the addition of our catback exhaust system.

We net ~11.5whp with the addition of our cat-back (included front pipe) and no tuning changes. Next will measure gains with a DP and no tune changes and then again with a simple basemap and see what she does.

100% stock avg vs 80mm fp-back bolt on only .jpg

100% stock avg vs 80mm fp-back bolt on only #2.jpg
Please test with downpipe only or downpipe and frontpipe only as a basis of absolute wide open for comparison sake.

SloPoke83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Great Info!
Will you be posting up a video of with and without DP?

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
Thank you for your hard work. This exhaust looks very promising.

27WON, If you can, it would be very helpful to get some in-car decibel level measurements using a meter such as a cost effective unit like this... https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Pressure-30-130dBA-Warranty/dp/B00ECCZWWI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=QPQE53OB8ZUK&keywords=db+meter&qid=1567098654&s=gateway&sprefix=Db+me,aps,244&sr=8-3

Personally I find that if an exhaust has an in-car drone above around 80db when measured near the drivers head it starts to become irritating. You can also use an app for your phone such as "Spectroid" from the Google play store for free that you can use as a spectrum analyzer to see the frequency peaks in-cabin.

I have been working on correcting a droning exhaust that has a bad peak around 100hz...all with an open 3" downpipe/front pipe combo. I Have not been completely successful yet using similar methods used in this exhaust system... I'd love to know how this exhaust performs in this scenario.

Thank you, Brian

Last edited:

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please test with downpipe only or downpipe and front pipe only as a basis of absolute wide open for comparison sake.
Downpipe only with no tune changes on the 100% stock car we netted only about 6whp. We don't currently have a dp that we make yet so we tested with an rv6 catless as it was available to us. Next will be that dp with our catback so that will give us what a turbo back would do.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for your hard work. This exhaust looks very promising.

27WON, If you can, it would be very helpful to get some in-car decibel level measurements using a meter such as a cost effective unit like this... https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Pressure-30-130dBA-Warranty/dp/B00ECCZWWI/ref=sr_1_3?crid=QPQE53OB8ZUK&keywords=db+meter&qid=1567098654&s=gateway&sprefix=Db+me,aps,244&sr=8-3

Personally I find that if an exhaust has an in-car drone above around 80db when measured near the drivers head it starts to become irritating. You can also use an app for your phone such as "Spectroid" from the Google play store for free that you can use as a spectrum analyzer to see the frequency peaks in-cabin.

I have been working on correcting a droning exhaust that has a bad peak around 100hz...all with an open 3" downpipe/front pipe combo. I Have not been completely successful yet using similar methods used in this exhaust system... I'd love to know how this exhaust performs in this scenario.

Thank you, Brian
already on it.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

I like it!, looks very realistic !,
Keep waiting on sound clip.

Thanks!

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag

This is how I am comprehending your post. So during the first graph run, you did a few runs in stock form and then a few runs with the exhaust. In the second graph, did you uninstall the exhaust and ran it stock again and then installed the exhaust again to come up with the numbers in the second graph?

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
Can I trade my 27won Si exhaust in for this Vincent???? @Vincent@27WON

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is how I am comprehending your post. So during the first graph run, you did a few runs in stock form and then a few runs with the exhaust. In the second graph, did you uninstall the exhaust and ran it stock again and then installed the exhaust again to come up with the numbers in the second graph?
yes, it was test across several days and temps to get real-world averages.
Sponsored