Slalom

First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2013 JCW
Country flag
I followed Leeders idea to mask off the emblem of the OEM center caps then painted with Black Fusion paint. 3mm red stripes from ebay finish up the outline. Its unlikely that the stripes will survive a tire dismount but I hope they stay this way thru Nats.

Honda Civic 10th gen Some red on Motegi black rims Red detail Motegi
Sponsored

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So you painted the wheels black

I followed Leeders idea to mask off the emblem of the OEM center caps then painted with Black Fusion paint. 3mm red stripes from ebay finish up the outline. Its unlikely that the stripes will survive a tire dismount but I hope they stay this way thru Nats.

Red detail Motegi.jpg

OP
OP

Slalom

First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2013 JCW
Country flag
The Motegi's came painted satin black. The CTR center caps fit perfectly and have the nice red Honda logo. The problem is that they come with gloss black on the rest of the cap to match the stock wheel. I was able to sand and paint the black area of the center cap to better match the satin black of the Motegi's and still give the hub some red for a more OEM look. The red stripe made the biggest impact when added.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Awesome, mounted pics please :D

The Motegi's came painted satin black. The CTR center caps fit perfectly and have the nice red Honda logo. The problem is that they come with gloss black on the rest of the cap to match the stock wheel. I was able to sand and paint the black area of the center cap to better match the satin black of the Motegi's and still give the hub some red for a more OEM look. The red stripe made the biggest impact when added.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
anyone else added red stripe to their wheels and can share experience?
Sponsored