GruppeM Intake FK8

pauljimags14

First Name
Paul Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R (Championship White)
Country flag
when i rev hard at idle it drops to 600rpm

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
Think the bottom line is, if you are running with a std ECU, there are issues - but if you are running it with a tune, it runs fine.. That right? Anyway, straying slightly off topic of the GruppeM intake - can't wait for mine!

FaDz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 200sx sev6; 2018 civic type-r
Country flag
when i rev hard at idle it drops to 600rpm
How long have you had the intake? Its prob the ecu trying to relearn itself

OP, PLEASE some sound clips from inside the car :thumbsup:
Looking to get this intake but worried it'll sound really mild inside.
Inside the cabin cant really hear the intake since i have a catless downpipe and exhaust those over power the sound of the intake

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ordered yesterday. Can't wait to get mine in! Will post some interior/exterior sounds with just the intake since it's my first engine/exhaust mod. I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar to stock..hopefully it's got a slight better sound

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Have you gotten the chance to install it yet? What are you impressions of this intake?
Hey I did! Installed smoothly. I was surprised how perfectly it all fit together. In the past I've had issues with fitting stuff like this made in CF since nothing has any flex to it.

The intake doesn't sound as good as the other open air box designs but it does sound a lot better than stock.

I feel like I hear the woosh sounds coming more from the fender area where that opening is on the intake. I hope it's working and sucking in cooler air.

Overall very happy with the intake.

Honda Civic 10th gen GruppeM Intake FK8 Screenshot_20190828-170108_Gallery

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey I did! Installed smoothly. I was surprised how perfectly it all fit together. In the past I've had issues with fitting stuff like this made in CF since nothing has any flex to it.

The intake doesn't sound as good as the other open air box designs but it does sound a lot better than stock.

I feel like I hear the woosh sounds coming more from the fender area where that opening is on the intake. I hope it's working and sucking in cooler air.

Overall very happy with the intake.

Screenshot_20190828-170108_Gallery.jpg
That's awesome, glad you are enjoying it. I know this is very subjective but are you noticing any performance differences like throttle response, etc.? I am having a hard time choosing between this and the Eventuri intake but GruppeM doesn't release any performace data for their intakes.

Also, if you ever get the chance to record some sound clips while under load, that would be great.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's awesome, glad you are enjoying it. I know this is very subjective but are you noticing any performance differences like throttle response, etc.? I am having a hard time choosing between this and the Eventuri intake but GruppeM doesn't release any performace data for their intakes.

Also, if you ever get the chance to record some sound clips while under load, that would be great.
I'll get you some! Just been crazy busy with work but will have time off this labor day weekend to record some clips.

Hondafreak24

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R
Country flag
Can anyone post any results of their findings ? You guys are literally the closest thing to getting actual data sheets for this intake. Im also on the fence with this and eventuri. If possible post an X Y graph for comparison of air flow. The better the air flow the more suitable it is for higher horse power. Thanks in advance

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
I have a plot with the Gruppe M with a PRL Ti inlet tube vs a PRL HV intake..

From my experience, the gruppe M is good for the OEM intake pipe and std exhaust etc as soon as you start to mod exhaust, DP, FP intercooler etc this intake struggles to hit the high numbers. Talking with my tuner, he believes it's the change of direction of the air flow from the position of the filter into the inlet, it's a 90 degree offset.
But even with the gruppe M, still made over 400bhp with my set up and was a nice smooth delivery overall upto i would say 4500,-5000rpm, that final bit to the recline is where the gruppe M struggled.