KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Just tested the new options for us european customers (5AAN-G23 iirc).
They are awesome. Advanced vsa rocks...

Thanks @KTuner !!

Any chance there could be a future option to disable start/stop? It's really annoying...

BR
Sponsored

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Can some please explain what Advanced VSA "aggressive" improves for CTV owners? Will it something noticable for daily drivers?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can some please explain what Advanced VSA "aggressive" improves for CTV owners? Will it something noticable for daily drivers?
It improves launching ability just like it would for a 6MT. Mash the gas and the tires spin and factory VSA kicks in, closes the throttle and the car stalls slightly until traction is regained before the throttle reopens. Now, enable Advanced VSA, mash the gas, the tires begin to spin, advanced vsa kicks in, pulls ignition to lower power to the wheels while keeping the throttle open and the car moving forward. You can definitely notice it. CVT user here

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It improves launching ability just like it would for a 6MT. Mash the gas and the tires spin and factory VSA kicks in, closes the throttle and the car stalls slightly until traction is regained before the throttle reopens. Now, enable Advanced VSA, mash the gas, the tires begin to spin, advanced vsa kicks in, pulls ignition to lower power to the wheels while keeping the throttle open and the car moving forward. You can definitely notice it. CVT user here
Thanks for explaining it. That sounds awesome! What is the best AVSA setting to use of the three?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for explaining it. That sounds awesome! What is the best AVSA setting to use of the three?
thats up to you. I used the aggressive ignition pullback, and I also press the VSA button in the car to turn it "off" (Its not all the way off, but wont intervene unless severe slip is sensed). I liked the way it felt for me. But try all 3 and see what you like for your setup.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Wolftrax, keep in mind that although the aggressive ignition pullback works fantastic, if you use that too often, it can be damaging to the catalytic converter.

But that really depends on how often you are really aggressive off the line.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That leaves a warning on the dash.
As it does if you disable it manually but having to do so every time the car starts is a bit tedious. All Civic X owners I know (Europe) with that function disable it as well.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
As it does if you disable it manually but having to do so every time the car starts is a bit tedious. All Civic X owners I know (Europe) with that function disable it as well.
You guys let me know if it's worth it, and I'll add it. Maybe you'll find another way to suppress the dash warning!

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
You guys let me know if it's worth it, and I'll add it. Maybe you'll find another way to suppress the dash warning!
It's worth it, we just disable it by hand everytime we start the engine, it will show a little orange warning anyway
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Update: Map Switching Added To Many More ECUs, Non-Si Adv VSA, more to come citroen-c1-start-stop-off-dashboard-warning-light

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Email in your ECU numbers. I have 5AN-E2x and E3x betas ready for testing.
David's and mine ECUs are G23 do you want us to email?. Will forward this to other guys, many of them are E13 ECU's.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Email in your ECU numbers. I have 5AN-E2x and E3x betas ready for testing.
I think I have a G23, but I'll make sure later today. Yes it would be worth it, even with the warning on the dash. The cool way to have that would be to have it disabled by default and upon pressing the start/stop it turns on.

Okey, send it to us and we'll test it.

Thank you so much for your support @KTuner. I'm sure a lot of people will love this.

Regards,

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
5AW-G32 here, always happy to test things for you :)

amyisquiet

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fc1
Country flag
5AF-H13 here, always happy to test things for you :)
Sponsored