skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
I am currently experiencing the same issues with all of the lights.

2019 honda civic sport 1.5 turbo. Front end collision with airbag deployment.

Ive replaced the radar and every other part, currently waiting for my srs module to come back after getting wiped clean. What im curioius about is how the airbag deployment has anything to do with the tpms sensors going off and the steering angle sensor? So far im battling a brake light, all of the acc/lkas lights (havnt gotten the radar calibrated) hill assist light, tpms, and the sas light.

For those of you that have gotten the radar calibrated, how much did it cost?
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those of you that have gotten the radar calibrated, how much did it cost?
I had to replace a cracked windshield recently and had to get the camera re-calibrated. I got quotes from $200 to $400. I went with the lowest bidder and had no issues with the operation of the safety system.

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
Was the 200-400 including the replacement of the windshield? I ask because ill have to get mine replaced as well.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was the 200-400 including the replacement of the windshield? I ask because ill have to get mine replaced as well.
I wish... I looked into after market and in my area installing a new windshield was around $500-800. But after a minor snafu I decided to go with OEM and that was about $1100 with installation. I've had no issues with leaks, windnoise or calibration... thankfully.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$1100 to replace a windshield is insane!
That's the OEM glass and the moldings which I purchased direct from Honda... I even got a "discount". The labor was reasonable and the local firm that did the job was outstanding.

Sadly, I didn't have glass coverage from my previous insurance provider... I've made sure my new policy does.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It does seem like a lot. I did the Odyssey with Pilkington glass (OEM glass without an 'H') and it was $600-something. It has the radar as well.

As to the steering angle sensor... if there was frame damage or something pushing your alignment out, it could be the cause I think. It... along with TPMS via the speed sensors all should play into VSA in some way.

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
I have a scan tool that can calibrate the sas and i cant even get a reading off the sensor at all, likewise with trying to reset the tpms. Its as if they dont exist? All fuses are good.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I got into my front end accident the wiring harness was damaged and needed to be replaced. Could have been repaired but Honda was like "Nope, we need a full replace for safety reasons."

OP
OP

kidshback

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX hatchback
Country flag
Skrimshaw90

I do not believe the companies that perform the re-flashing are able to clear everything out of the SRS module so you don't end up with indicators lights illuminated. It may cost a bit more but I would purchase a new module to alleviate all of the hassles later. The cost for recalibrating the radar was $200 for mine at a Honda dealer. Just be aware the clips that hold the radar unit in the bracket are tricky. The dealer calibrated mine but it lost calibration 10 miles down the road due to the clips. Honda has a recall on them if you have an issue with the unit staying calibrated.
Pretty much the same lights you noted, but not all, were flashing on mine before the calibration. You may still have issues after the calibration and installing the re-flashed SRS unit. Just my opinion. Im curious to find out if all of your lights go out with the re-flashed unit. Let me know if I was able to help.

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
I just installed my reflashed unit and it didnt make a single difference, quite annoying.

skrimshaw90

First Name
bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
If i buy a new airbag module, do i need to program the new module to my car or is it just plug and play?

OP
OP

kidshback

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX hatchback
Country flag
If i buy a new airbag module, do i need to program the new module to my car or is it just plug and play?
The new module will have to be programmed to your car. I purchased a $1500 OBD scanner so I could do programming like this. If you do go this route, buying a new SRS module, let me know if that cures everything. I've been fighting these lights for almost 2 years and I know how annoying it is.

Bigcivichatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback, 2016 F150 Platinum, 2016 Infiniti QX80, 2013 Wrangler Jk Unlimited
Country flag
So what lights are you currently fighting?
Hey all, i just signed up last night, so I too bought a wrecked civic 2017 with front end damage. all fixed and have been driving it for 6 months, have been working on the air bag off and on since then, with no luck. Honda wants $1500 to replace the SRS module. I thought that was very high. anyhow i had no lights except the air bag and no warnings on start up until i sent the module to myairbag.com. now i have TPMS, Traction control, system initialing drive with caution, and anything else you can think of. but the car runs and drives just as it did for the last 6 months, so my take on all of this is that there is nothing wrong with the civic! stop wasting your money on parts. Honda has some kind of programming in there that has turned on all of there warnings once the SRS module has been erased, just like in other threads on the forum where guys are saying Honda now knows if you have programmed your ECM, so that they can make a lot of money.

I plan to call all honda dealers near me until i find one that will tell me the truth and help with this problem. if any of ya'll find one please let us know.
Sponsored