When to expect information on 2020 Type R?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Well they release new model years mid late november. I would say if there was gonna be anything major difference we would have heard by now. I mean the new model year will be out in less than 90 days if they follow their normal release time frame. with the 2019. everyone was speculating and nothing and nothing and nothing and then quietly with no anything they just put it up for sale. I have feeling this will be same, I wouldn't expect anything more then maybe the bumper vent changes. Those that waited to buy are now gonna pay way more for the same car with some different vent covers.
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
New hatchback details released today:
https://hondanews.com/releases/rede...and-expanded-manual-transmission-availability

Hoping for Type R info soon!
dont think we will see it soon, that release says these are the updates for the car going on sale tomorrow. so they only released the info the day before it went on sale LOL.

God those vents are worse then what we have now. no offence but not sure how anyone can like those better? interior looks same as what we have now. and dang one thing that set the R apart the LED headlights they are gonna put on the other civics now bummer. If we got a third seat in back like the sport that would be nice. Doubt we will see the heated seats. I can go for the seat changes if we get them but the vents.... yuck. I have a feeling that is the only exterior change we will see.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
dont think we will see it soon, that release says these are the updates for the car going on sale tomorrow. so they only released the info the day before it went on sale LOL.

God those vents are worse then what we have now. no offence but not sure how anyone can like those better? interior looks same as what we have now. and dang one thing that set the R apart the LED headlights they are gonna put on the other civics now bummer. If we got a third seat in back like the sport that would be nice. Doubt we will see the heated seats. I can go for the seat changes if we get them but the vents.... yuck. I have a feeling that is the only exterior change we will see.
The LED headlights were already on the touring trim.

The exterior change will see would probably be the different vents, the "better" LED headlamps and the grille maybe.

Mike_R19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 Type R, '05 Corvette Z51, '10 128i
Country flag
I don't know if its been said already on other threads, but what they did to "redesign" the bumpers, is probably the laziest attempt at a design... I have ever seen. Somebody took a pencil to the original grill drawing and just put a line through it. LMAO

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The special end of gen edition will be more in price than the regular type r for sure.
Like the Mugen Si back in 2008.... really no significant improvement in performance but quite a premium price tag!

I love the wing. :) The car looks pretty plain without it, and the function trumps style in my view anyway.

I feel more optimistic than many of you. The future is hybrid and electric, and I am hopeful that Honda will make electric Type R cars. They may or may not have Tesla-like drag race capabilities, but I hope they maintain the emphasis on chassis tuning and handling that has been their tradition.
I also love the wing! I can't even see it in my rear view mirror but I can see the rain drops fly off the hydrophobic surface! It's fun.

I for one can't wait to go electric. I do plan to keep the TypeR as my one manual, fossil fuel vehicle and switch to electric for daily once I can pay this off. I'm not excited for the next-gen TypeR just because I know nothing about it or if we'll ever even see it. My focus is paying this CTR off and then scooping up a Tesla3 DD...or whatever is on the market that's awesome.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't know if its been said already on other threads, but what they did to "redesign" the bumpers, is probably the laziest attempt at a design... I have ever seen. Somebody took a pencil to the original grill drawing and just put a line through it. LMAO
Honda has always been mild on the redesigns, refreshes or whatever you want to call them. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing either.

Last edited:

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
More piano black on the front to get destroyed by rocks, bugs, and scratches galore.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
You don't mess with success. If Civics weren't selling, we'd see a more dramatic refresh. As it is, I think the tweak just looks OK.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Is it me or do those rear vents look 'real'? I can see some silver paint through on the right hand vent

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Japanese proverb, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”