How I make my civic SI 10th gen sound better?

Jcente

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 10th gen
Country flag
hello all, Im new on this world, a year ago I buy a 2018 civic SI and I love it. Now Im looking for mods that can improve the sound of my SI and at the same time give that power/torque feeling without making huge changes.. I was thinking to install a CAI and also a Downpipe (keeping the same OEM catback and muffler).. what you guys think.. this is my daily car so I dont want an extremely aggressive sound..
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I'd highly recommend the 27Won rear motor mount. It tightens up the composure of the entire car. Better clutch action, better shifting, no wheel hop, less herky jerky at low speeds, etc. It also transmits a lot of engine noise into the cabin which not only sounds great but also helps drive since you're getting better feedback about what the engine is doing.

That being said, it will be insanely loud until it breaks in. I had to wear musician's earplugs while I drove for several weeks until I got over 1,000 miles on the thing. My girlfriend couldn't ride with me in the car because it was so absurdly loud.

It does get significantly better. I've had it in for 3,000 miles now and I don't need to wear earplugs. I can hear music again without an issue (the noise doesn't drown it out) and my girlfriend has no issue riding with me again. It's a good volume level for daily driving but still puts a smile on my face when I let it go.

I think the best part is it didn't really increase the volume level outside the cabin, so while it seems nice and loud inside while I'm driving I know I'm not bothering the neighbors or attracting unwanted attention.

OP
OP
Jcente

Jcente

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 10th gen
Country flag
I'd highly recommend the 27Won rear motor mount. It tightens up the composure of the entire car. Better clutch action, better shifting, no wheel hop, less herky jerky at low speeds, etc. It also transmits a lot of engine noise into the cabin which not only sounds great but also helps drive since you're getting better feedback about what the engine is doing.

That being said, it will be insanely loud until it breaks in. I had to wear musician's earplugs while I drove for several weeks until I got over 1,000 miles on the thing. My girlfriend couldn't ride with me in the car because it was so absurdly loud.

It does get significantly better. I've had it in for 3,000 miles now and I don't need to wear earplugs. I can hear music again without an issue (the noise doesn't drown it out) and my girlfriend has no issue riding with me again. It's a good volume level for daily driving but still puts a smile on my face when I let it go.

I think the best part is it didn't really increase the volume level outside the cabin, so while it seems nice and loud inside while I'm driving I know I'm not bothering the neighbors or attracting unwanted attention.
Makes totally sense, now my question is.. this vibration and energy transfered now to the cabin can be a future issue? Like stressing the chassis or simething like that..

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Makes totally sense, now my question is.. this vibration and energy transfered now to the cabin can be a future issue? Like stressing the chassis or simething like that..
I significantly doubt it having any long term ill effect on the car as a whole. I've been keeping an eye on the other engine mounts, however, as one person reported a squeaking engine mount that was attributed to an aftermarket RMM. I don't foresee any real problems but I'm on alert in case something comes up.

Probably the biggest issue is the extra vibration will uncover every rattle in your cabin. I had to move stuff I kept in the center console to the trunk because it rattled. There are some other rattles around the car that I've been trying to track down. I had many rattles before the mount and I don't think any of them are new, just more apparent.

Stuff that used to only rattle over rough pavement now might rattle when I'm on the gas or engine braking.
Sponsored