Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jontron5000

First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegan Blue Metallic Civic Type R
Country flag
Not bad at all for SoCal, you can negotiate and get it near MSRP. I’d pay the extra $1000 after negotiations and save time and energy from shopping any further.
Agreed, I got a quote for MSRP for a black CTR being sold from a dealer in Wisconsin. It would cost $950-1500 depending on covered vs. non-covered transport. At the end of the day I wasn't really saving any money. Plus it would take more time to get it inspected/smogged to register it w/ CA DMV. I opted to pay for convenience and jumped on a deal I felt was worth it, but that's just my opinion.

Here's a pricing update of a few Southern California dealerships I called asking for their in-stock CTR price as of 8/2019:
1) Keyes Honda of Van Nuys - In person pricing only
2) El Monte Honda - +$10k ADM
3) Honda of Valencia - ADM w/ dealer accessories totaling around $50k :what:
4) First Honda Simi Valley - ADM + accessories. ~$41k
5) Honda of El Cerrito (not to be confused with Cerritos) - $46k. Included remote start, satellite radio.
6) Spreen Honda - In person pricing only. +ADM per sales person
7) Carson Honda - $44k OTD
8) Goudy Honda - $39k + fees
9) Riverside Metro - In person pricing only
10) Diamond Honda - $3k ADM
11) Hardin Honda - $4k ADM

Last edited:

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I got a member on these boards MSRP + a $400 alarm system in SoCal through my buddy who works at Honda. Championship white 2019 if I am not mistaken. It is doable. Hopefully will able to get my own very soon. Family priorities > Type R lol

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Agreed, I got a quote for MSRP for a black CTR being sold from a dealer in Wisconsin. It would cost $950-1500 depending on covered vs. non-covered transport. At the end of the day I wasn't really saving any money. Plus it would take more time to get it inspected/smogged to register it w/ CA DMV. I opted to pay for convenience and jumped on a deal I felt was worth it, but that's just my opinion.

Here's a pricing update of a few Southern California dealerships I called asking for their in-stock CTR price as of 8/2019:
1) Keyes Honda of Van Nuys - In person pricing only
2) El Monte Honda - +$10k ADM
3) Honda of Valencia - ADM w/ dealer accessories totaling around $50k :what:
4) First Honda Simi Valley - ADM + accessories. ~$41k
5) Honda of El Cerrito (not to be confused with Cerritos) - $46k. Included remote start, satellite radio.
6) Spreen Honda - In person pricing only. +ADM per sales person
7) Carson Honda - $44k OTD
8) Goudy Honda - $39k + fees
9) Riverside Metro - In person pricing only
10) Diamond Honda - $3k ADM
11) Hardin Honda - $4k ADM
Diamond and Goudy are good.

Remote start? Loooooooool you’re supposed to leave your car on first while parked. That’s so freaking dumb.

TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
So many dealers say "come in for our best price." That doesnt tell me anything. Your "best price" might still be $47k.

I only got 1 out of 50 dealers to tell me their price over email, and that's where I'm going. Didnt even need to negotiate, they were more than happy to sell to me at MSRP with no pulling teeth. They just want to sell cars to people who want them

I pick it up Saturday. I'm so excited.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
So many dealers say "come in for our best price." That doesnt tell me anything. Your "best price" might still be $47k.

I only got 1 out of 50 dealers to tell me their price over email, and that's where I'm going. Didnt even need to negotiate, they were more than happy to sell to me at MSRP with no pulling teeth. They just want to sell cars to people who want them

I pick it up Saturday. I'm so excited.
My purchase last March worked out the same way. I made dozens of calls and emails to dealers hundreds of miles away over the course of many months. Finally, a dealer 3 hours away had an asking price that was precisely MSRP (I discovered via email using CarGurus). I did run into 2-3k ADM where they would elude to a better deal if I showed up at the dealer, which is impossible when you live far away. Post up some photos when you pick up the new CTR!

jp554731

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura Legend 94' LS
Country flag
Add Oakland Honda of California to the list. They have champ white on the showroom floor. Asking $50,000 when I got there.
Lured me over the phone with $41,000
Out the door.

Last edited:

TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
My purchase last March worked out the same way. I made dozens of calls and emails to dealers hundreds of miles away over the course of many months. Finally, a dealer 3 hours away had an asking price that was precisely MSRP (I discovered via email using CarGurus). I did run into 2-3k ADM where they would elude to a better deal if I showed up at the dealer, which is impossible when you live far away. Post up some photos when you pick up the new CTR!
I definitely will!

It's so funny how all the dealers that wouldnt give me a price or told me ridiculous markups just a few days/weeks ago are now saying they are selling their models at MSRP just because they keep contacting me and I'm telling them I've decided to purchase elsewhere.

Maybe if you had been open and honest with me like the dealer I'm heading to was, I would have bought from you losers.

Marky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was in Community Honda or Orland Park, IL this weekend looking at Accords but happened to see a new 2019 CTR on the showroom floor and asked sales about their markup. They add $3k to MSRP to sell. They add all weather mats, sun visor and about 6 other "extras" that nobody wants to try to justify the $3k but its cut and dry. Been sitting on the floor for over a month or so and he said thats rare.

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have been quoted $35991 for a used 2019 type r with 3000 miles. Is that a reasonable price?

Thanks

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have been quoted $35991 for a used 2019 type r with 3000 miles. Is that a reasonable price?

Thanks
Thats at least 1-2k lower than the prices I've seen with the same year and mileage

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Country flag
Thats at least 1-2k lower than the prices I've seen with the same year and mileage
Thanks! I will have to install two car seats so still debating if I should I accept the deal.

Deleted member 32279

I hope this helps members. The following New Jersey dealers want 5000 over sticker:
Toms River Honda
Honda Universe
Honda of Jersey City
DCH Honda of Eatontown
DCH Paramus

However I think they will have to lower to sticker soon. They have been holding on to these cars too long
Sponsored