junooni176

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 2019 EX
Country flag
I am new to the Honda world, but I recently noticed that the engine bay is pretty loud and there is a sort of rattling noise. Is this normal?
I made a video here.

Edit: I got the car a month and a half ago. Driven around 1000 miles
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's hard to tell if the sound is being amplified by the recording, or if it's really that loud.
Honda motors generally sound like a sewing machine, but that does seem louder than usual.
I'd take it in and have it looked at. It might need to have the valve lash adjusted.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am new to the Honda world, but I recently noticed that the engine bay is pretty loud and there is a sort of rattling noise. Is this normal?
I made a video here.

Edit: I got the car a month and a half ago. Driven around 1000 miles
It sounds normal. The L15B7 engine - which is in your car and mine - are direct injection turbo engines and always sound a bit like a diesel with it's distinctive "chatter" especially when started up cold.

I first noticed this when I owned a Mk5 VW GTI which also has a direct injection engine and at first I thought mine was malfunctioning. Turns out it was completely normal.

OP
OP

junooni176

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 2019 EX
Country flag
Thanks guys. I'll take it in just to have the dealer take a look. It did sound louder than the other cars I've had but none of them had a turbo. The car drives alright though. Accelerates pretty well and I've pushed it upto 100mph without any problems

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Don't go 100 unless you are on a track. Always obey local traffic laws. It's not to late to be a model citizen!
Sponsored