Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a question.

Is it normal to have knock retard counts when getting on it ? I don't recall getting any till I got some low grade gas.

I know its said to not mean much, but it concerns me that I had no readings before and now get them all the time. My knock control never goes ablve .49 but feel its strange I never got knock retard till after that low grade gas.
I wouldn't concern yourself with it.
I've seen my numbers all over the place.
Sponsored

Bru87tr

I tried Throttle II. I like it a lot better.

II is touchy with a little gas, but felt like it lost something mid to top end.

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
I have been using level 2 throttle response from the start on mine and love it. But i've also been driving cable driven throttle bodies before this car. I do remember ktuner stating several pages back that throttle response 3 would be possible. I really hope that is added in the future.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2.0 and have my throttle response on II, I think it feels perfect. Do you have a CVT or manual?
I have the 6MT.
It was pretty early on when I first tried it, so maybe I'll try it again.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I do believe I remember someone else in this thread saying they did and have a CVT and that they found it weird and went back to stage 1 on the throttle.
That was me, and I might go back to base. Stage 1 feels jumpy, but not as much as base. Stage 2 was rubberbandy af. Very weird.

Had to drive my wife's identical EX 2.0 CVT with zero mods and again, it's hilariously different. Road noise from tires was the most dramatic, ZR tires are much more quiet than the Firestones. My doors are insulated, so further quiet. Tint so her white car with no tint got super hot in the sun. Also how bad the stock speakers are. And that's not even getting to the performance...

Granted my car is a bit noisier, but plenty tolerable when the cabin is insulated and speakers have actual power/clarity.

DrJohnson93

First Name
Nikolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX COUPE
Country flag
Nice! Hopefully someone will release a turbo kit. It should make some good power with it
I’ve been on the hunt for one, I actually think I’m just gonna pull the trigger and do it myself I’ve gotten in touch with a local shop willing to take the plunge with me! I’ll keep everyone updated

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been on the hunt for one, I actually think I’m just gonna pull the trigger and do it myself I’ve gotten in touch with a local shop willing to take the plunge with me! I’ll keep everyone updated
word of advice, ask your shop how they plan on tuning it. As of now, the ECU does not see positive intake manifold pressure for boost so you cant use hondata or Ktuner. you cant use old Kpro stuff because its not the same K stuff. You'll need MoTeC and then someone who knows how tune it. Im just trying to help you not go in blind. There is another guy who did this and now is driving a boosted 2.0 untuned with no idea how to run it properly, and he thinks everything is running great.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time upload_2019-7-30_21-4-13

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time afsdfaf-

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time upload_2019-7-30_21-1-16

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
word of advice, ask your shop how they plan on tuning it. As of now, the ECU does not see positive intake manifold pressure for boost so you cant use hondata or Ktuner. you cant use old Kpro stuff because its not the same K stuff. You'll need MoTeC and then someone who knows how tune it. Im just trying to help you not go in blind. There is another guy who did this and now is driving a boosted 2.0 untuned with no idea how to run it properly, and he thinks everything is running great.
Well, if it is not running great, how is it running? I have been following him too but maybe I'm missing something. I get what you are saying....and Ktuner.....and Derek......etc, etc. How is his car running though?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, if it is not running great, how is it running? I have been following him too but maybe I'm missing something. I get what you are saying....and Ktuner.....and Derek......etc, etc. How is his car running though?
Can we not encourage stupidity here please. It runs bc it has air and fuel and spark. It most certainly doesnt have the proper trims but i guess just like he cant say its running good, i cant say its running bad because we dont have datalogs. But with Derek who certainly knows what he is talking about is telling him not to drive it like that, ill believe Derek over some kid who has shown by his comments he doesn’t understand whats going on

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can we not encourage stupidity here please. It runs bc it has air and fuel and spark. It most certainly doesnt have the proper trims but i guess just like he cant say its running good, i cant say its running bad because we dont have datalogs. But with Derek who certainly knows what he is talking about is telling him not to drive it like that, ill believe Derek over some kid who has shown by his comments he doesn’t understand whats going on
Not encouraging stupidity at all. The 'kid' never said it's running bad though. Not talking about what Derek, Ktuner or anyone else said either. I'm asking YOU. Trying to approach this with an open mind. If the kid didn't say it's running bad, than it's not running bad. Calling it for what it is. Not assumptions! Look at it for what it is. If it blows.....then all the 'I told you so's' can really come out of the woodwork. As it sits, as far as we know, it's running and not running badly until we are told otherwise.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
If the kid didn't say it's running bad, than it's not running bad. Calling it for what it is. Not assumptions!
I am not Dallas, but I argue that is somewhat of an assumption in itself. Why? It never ceases to amaze me of what some people think qualifies as "running well".

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the guy that turbo'ed his K20C2, but he is going to be spending a fortune on it to get it actually running well.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you throw the PRL big turbo kit on your 1.5t and not even use a basemap to run it, on an ECU that can actually see boost? Hell no we wouldn't because we know it wont run right. So why on earth would a NA ECU that can't even see the boost run it correctly. CMon Myx, you're better than this. He was so excited to be the first, of course he is going to say it runs great. Whats he gonna do, say "I'm an idiot, I turbo'd my k20 and now it runs like shit?"

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you throw the PRL big turbo kit on your 1.5t and not even use a basemap to run it, on an ECU that can actually see boost? Hell no we wouldn't because we know it wont run right. So why on earth would a NA ECU that can't even see the boost run it correctly. CMon Myx, you're better than this. He was so excited to be the first, of course he is going to say it runs great. Whats he gonna do, say "I'm an idiot, I turbo'd my k20 and now it runs like shit?"
:rofl: I'm just saying give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all! So far so good. :p

DrJohnson93

First Name
Nikolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX COUPE
Country flag

upload_2019-7-30_21-4-13.png

afsdfaf-png.png

upload_2019-7-30_21-1-16.png
I’m very aware of that, thank you though. We’re gonna try and piggy back off the ECU (yes I know the stock ECU doesn’t read pressure) my tuner has a couple ideas (I trust him with my car I’ve seen the work he does he knows what he’s doing) well beyond my level of understanding. If that doesn’t work we’re going to try an entirely new ECU. I don’t want to go this route for the simple fact of it’ll be stupid expensive. My end goal ultimately is to do this build and record it along the way and make a turbo kit anyone can buy and bolt on. Problem is, no one has done it before so I’m treading in unknown waters. Our current biggest hurdle is engine management, if you have ANY ideas please share them! Just so everyone is aware, the turbo will only be only 5bls and under NO LOAD until we’re able to see it on the ECU and are able to map it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m very aware of that, thank you though. We’re gonna try and piggy back off the ECU (yes I know the stock ECU doesn’t read pressure) my tuner has a couple ideas (I trust him with my car I’ve seen the work he does he knows what he’s doing) well beyond my level of understanding. If that doesn’t work we’re going to try an entirely new ECU. I don’t want to go this route for the simple fact of it’ll be stupid expensive. My end goal ultimately is to do this build and record it along the way and make a turbo kit anyone can buy and bolt on. Problem is, no one has done it before so I’m treading in unknown waters. Our current biggest hurdle is engine management, if you have ANY ideas please share them! Just so everyone is aware, the turbo will only be only 5bls and under NO LOAD until we’re able to see it on the ECU and are able to map it.
What turbo are you going to run?
Sponsored