9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
That's it. I see you found the HAL9K ROM... Excellent choice.

Not that this will solve your problem, but I always found that the lane watch camera delay and getting used to looking at it not that helpful. I tried it, but ended up turning it off. Just my opinion.

One more thing... Let me know if you get your Tunerview app working with this version of the ROM. I had to go back to the 3.0 to get any of m;y OBD2 connectors to work.
Haha well the rear view camera doesn’t work either (and I actually like my lane watch camera). Thanks for the assistance though, going to keep looking for more info!

Also, I am not running a ktuner, the person I purchased it from ran it successfully though!
Sponsored

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
What trim do you have? Im assuming if it’s going into the canbus, if I have more options then I’ll have different wires?
I have the European Sport+, So the premium headunit and soundsystem with DAB+ radio + Honda sense. Gonna dig into this next weekend. maybe i missed a connector and got the wrong one.

jainyankee

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Can anyone with the 9 inch Joying head unit tell me if the right side camera works. I only see one spot to plug in the camera and obviously there are 2 cameras (rear and side). I am just wondering if I am overlooking something or there is only one spot for the camera on the Joying headunits.

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
I'm getting dust behind the screen of my Daisata unit. Anyone have this happen? Anyone remove the screen to get the dust out?

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Can anyone share clear pictures of the wiring going into the canbus? I’m discovering that the person I bought it from spliced a bunch of wires and it is not in fact plug and play. So I’m trying to make sure all of the harnesses are wired correctly.

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Anybody got Tuner View to work on the Dasaita yet?
Yes. What ROM are you on??? It is very particular. I am on HAL9K, but anything after version 3.05 and it WILL NOT WORK.

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yes. What ROM are you on??? It is very particular. I am on HAL9K, but anything after version 3.05 and it WILL NOT WORK.
I gotta check but it's the stock ROM that the radio came with.

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I gotta check but it's the stock ROM that the radio came with.
Stock ROM on mine did work. It was finicky in setting it up. I want to say that I had to unpair my phone and then pair the KTuner to get it to work. Give that a try and let me know how you make out. Good luck.

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I have this in my FK8, no issues and very fast compared to stock. I also did fan mod on HU to keep temps down.
How does it work with the Auto Rev Match system? Can you still turn on/off?

DavidGM

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sport Plus
Country flag
Sorry can't help you with that, but i have a question. The connector of the canbus from the radio to the connector of the car isn't correct on my Joying headunit. The wires don't match. Can you take a picture of your connector so i can get the pins in the correct possition. Below a picture of my connector.

Thanks

hKQM9cDqA3nvhZVkAMcR6I8cghOqHSN4I_TQLYHU4PqifBIrwdNWT0uQi7WuHdMu224niNwiU_2Ib3OYnFF=w422-h842-no.jpg
The same happens to me (Hatchback Sport Plus). Have you been able to solve it?

Another thing that happens to me is that the audio doesn't work.

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
The same happens to me (Hatchback Sport Plus). Have you been able to solve it?

Another thing that happens to me is that the audio doesn't work.
Yes, it's solved. There were a couple of resistors in the headunit on the wrong spot. Joying asked me if i could solder them to the correct spot, but i said no, becouse i don't have the correct equipment. They sent me another headunit (without screen and cables) and steering wheel controls and on screen aircon are working now.

You have the premium audio system, so that has the factory amplifier. You have to bypass the amplifier. Use the line-out rca's on the back of the Joying radio to a (new) amplifier and from there you have to tap in to the speaker wires on the connector of the factory amplifier.
Sponsored