SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
Here's something new! Didn't drive the car for 4 or 5 days. Woke up this morning to this:

What the hell is that sound? Anybody have a clue? It's so audible you don't have to turn up the volume.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Here's something new! Didn't drive the car for 4 or 5 days. Woke up this morning to this:

What the hell is that sound? Anybody have a clue? It's so audible you don't have to turn up the volume.
Man I don’t have a type R but if I were you I would check the medal plate that gets removed to change the oil. It sounds like maybe it’s loose and flapping in the wind. Maybe some of the fasteners fell out. Just a shot in the dark

consultadrone

First Name
Pittman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Sounds speed dependent....the rattle gets faster and slower with the speed of the car. You can hear it better as you pass things as the sound is reflecting off the cars and walls you pass so it's probably external (not in the engine bay). A heat shield would rattle with the RPMs. My first guess would be a splash guard for the brakes is loose or something like that.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
you have a rock suck between the rotor and dust shield. the front brakes usually the right front corner for me.

Toolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you have a rock suck between the rotor and dust shield. the front brakes usually the right front corner for me.
Yep, same for me, take tire off much easier to see it. If it’s the right size rock it will sit on top of rotor near calliper getting bounced around it sounds like that.
Good luck!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Just spread the brake dust cover away from the front rotors problem fixed i did it and no longer have that happen
Sponsored