imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So i've reached a point where my engine build is planned out. I know what parts I want and what parts will cost, but what about the actual labor and time? Would love if anybody with experience and chime in.

This is what i'm planning so far for my FK7:

Saenz rods
JE 10.3:1 Pistons
Si Camshaft
Si DI Fuel Pump
PRL Turbo Kit with GTX 2860R

Already have a FMIC, PR< Cobra Race CAI, oil cooler, Spec 2+ Clutch and Steel Flywheel, and MFactory LSD. Would love to have a general idea of down time and cost. Really looking forward to hopefully starting the build beginning of next year or possibly sooner. Again thanks ahead of time for any help!
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Can I ask why you didn't just get a CTR from the get-go? Was it always the plan to build an FK7 or did you start there and then the modding bug bit you?

dave00str

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, CRX
Country flag
I built a sohc vtec up from a bare block for my CRX. A honda tech friend of a friend did the labor/assembly and i know I got a deep discount there, but paid market prices for parts and some machine shop labor.
My advice...don't keep track. It's better not to know.
I started adding it all up...when I got to $3800ish I stopped and took my own advice.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sky is the limit dude. If you do the work yourself, you can get it for probably under 3K. If you have a shop do it, then 5K easy.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@imcrspy how do you like the Mfactory LSD?

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing where you go with this. Can I ask why you didn't just get a CTR from the get-go? Was it always the plan to build an FK7 or did you start there and then the modding bug bit you?
Two reasons I didn't get a CTR from the beginning. 1) Dealers mark ups were insane and i'm Taiwanese and it's in my blood to get the best deal possible lol. I wasn't about to pay $50k+ otd for a Type R. 2) I fell in love with Sonic Grey Pearl and how it looked on the FK7 body. I get crap all the time from people asking if my car's a Type R, and when I answer no you can literally see the disappointment in their faces. I love my car regardless and i'm in too deep to part it out and get a SGP FK8 now.

@imcrspy how do you like the Mfactory LSD?
MFactory LSD is probably the best mod i've done so far. It's amazing being able to throttle earlier and actually feel the car pull itself out of a corner. I come from Subaru's so it has a similar feeling to awd. I would however love to eventually swap over to a 1.5 way clutch type so I can set it to be a bit more aggressive for track use, but for daily use I do love how the helical is pretty much maintenance free. No need to worry about clutch pack wear.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So i've reached a point where my engine build is planned out. I know what parts I want and what parts will cost, but what about the actual labor and time? Would love if anybody with experience and chime in.

This is what i'm planning so far for my FK7:

Saenz rods
JE 10.3:1 Pistons
Si Camshaft
Si DI Fuel Pump
PRL Turbo Kit with GTX 2860R

Already have a FMIC, PR< Cobra Race CAI, oil cooler, Spec 2+ Clutch and Steel Flywheel, and MFactory LSD. Would love to have a general idea of down time and cost. Really looking forward to hopefully starting the build beginning of next year or possibly sooner. Again thanks ahead of time for any help!
Probably $5-6K. Ask Eman and have him build you it.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Around here it's around $1500-2000 labor only ,all machine work needs to be counted with that so i'd say $3000 .It really depends on what needs to be done and what you want to be done.
If you want the engine with everything ready and fully assembled and dialed in then yes i think cost would go up to $4000-5000 .
Also need to count the new oem parts like water pump ,oil pump ,seals and gaskets , crank and rod bearings,...
Is the head going to be ported or not ?That's another big cost.