Infotainment software update?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
It’s not designed to be downgradable, but if you search carefully you’ll see a couple people posting about how they were able to.
It’s quite technical though. I believe you’ll need root and HondaHack as a start.
So really depends on your skill level.
Yeah, I'd rather not go to that extreme. Should not have done it and now I'm stuck with no music audio working properly in Android Auto. It's the strangest bug- other audio works but if you play a music only app in AA it doesn't work.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah, I'd rather not go to that extreme. Should not have done it and now I'm stuck with no music audio working properly in Android Auto. It's the strangest bug- other audio works but if you play a music only app in AA it doesn't work.
Yes it’s a commonly reported bug for people who applied a firmware update not meant for their model. It’s not clear what the differences are but apparently the are large enough to cause a problem.
But Honda didn’t foresee a situation in which they’d need to rollback a firmware update since they were only meant to be installed by dealers anyway. If they fucked something up they’d just send out a new patch.

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Did you try disable and enable your AA in the special menu?

IndyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si with software Ver.1.F196.32. The dealer and Honda customer service say there are no updates. Problems aren't severe but it's flakey - Apple CarPlay disconnects randomly sometimes, right turn camera gets stuck on after a turn, various glitches. I would think the 2018 software would work since the 2017 hardware and car are almost identical.

Does anyone have an Si with a higher version than this one? Honda acts like F197.00 doesn't exist even though many here have upgraded with it, but the TSB does say it only applies to 5-door models and not 2/4 doors.

pdpDULCE

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si with software Ver.1.F196.32. The dealer and Honda customer service say there are no updates. Problems aren't severe but it's flakey - Apple CarPlay disconnects randomly sometimes, right turn camera gets stuck on after a turn, various glitches. I would think the 2018 software would work since the 2017 hardware and car are almost identical.

Does anyone have an Si with a higher version than this one? Honda acts like F197.00 doesn't exist even though many here have upgraded with it, but the TSB does say it only applies to 5-door models and not 2/4 doors.
Yeah I did the install, AA audio no longer works which is a pain when I want to listen to my music and not Sirius.
Just let it be trust me.

MrRandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I can’t even get the HU to install a higher version. Plugged in. Got the prompt. Clicked yes. Nothing happens

Good luck! Maybe you could try Honda workshop in your area to help
hey man! did you ever get this to work? Mine did the exact same thing... Civic 1.6 from Singapore

Starks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CR-V EX
Country flag

Did the Civic never get 1.F1A1.25 or 1.F1A2.34?

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
hey man! did you ever get this to work? Mine did the exact same thing... Civic 1.6 from Singapore
Hello. Nope. Can’t update.. ended up calling Honda Thailand and they said there is no update for civic hatchback HU... since the first gen X 2016-2017 civic hatchback

I only use CarPlay so I don’t mind AA not working. Especially because I disabled AA

MrRandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Hello. Nope. Can’t update.. ended up calling Honda Thailand and they said there is no update for civic hatchback HU... since the first gen X 2016-2017 civic hatchback

I only use CarPlay so I don’t mind AA not working. Especially because I disabled AA
I think I’ll get a similar response from the Singapore dealer if I called them. I tried asking them during a servicing and they had no clue about what I was asking them for haha

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
From what I have seen of the Honda Head units and their software, the whole UPDATE situation is a total Fuster Cluck Up. :doh:

The hardware is so dated, along with the base software on a very old version of Android, and over the years, any Updates or attempts to fix any of the issues seem to have been a total mess, that even the Dealers cannot follow or understand.

It would seem that the later year models do have improved , less buggy software versions, but that exact improved software is NOT available as an Update to existing older systems, even though for a given model, the hardware has NOT changed.
There are Updates, but they do not effective bring you to the same software is is currently being loaded into more recent cars at the factory.

There is also no way for the Dealer or the owner to re-install a given software version, the only option is to run one of the Update USB sticks, and if it is compatible (or maybe even if it is not), it may or may not update the unit, to some semi-fixed version, but after that, there is no going back.

Our 2018 SI, manufactured mid 2018, seems to not have any issues (surprisingly), AA works fine , so does the BT. No disconnect issues, and so far, no signs of any Glitches.

The only slight issue we got after a few months, was a slight Pause in the Honda USB Music player, when the Lane watch camera switches on.
A COLD BOOT/RESET fixed that, and the issue has never returned.

Accepting the system for what it is, it actually works very reliably, it always works, the Interface is SIMPLE, and basically, we have the Attitude "If it ain't broke, don;t fix it "

BTW: The key to using the Honda USB Music player, is to arrange your music in a logical way in folders and sub folders, (and Sort) so you can select groups of music that you want to play.

I did pick up a 2018 Si HEAD UNIT in Ebay, that probably came from a Canadian Si that had been totaled, because it has the Garmin Software enabled on it. :thumbsup:

I have Honda Hacked that unit, and it still works fine, and can play better Players, with far better Graphic Equalizers etc ... If the original unit in the car ever has an issue, I will just swap it out with the Ebay unit.

Having now seen the Honda Garmin function, I am in no rush to want to use it -- the Google Map Navigation is far superior (IMHO), on both the Smartphone with AA, or on the Honda Hacked Unit.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Sometimes i will have android auto running and then it will disconnected for no reason. Is this caused by the infotainment unit or is my cable bad? Also is there any new firmware updates to fix this?
Sponsored