Steel Flywheel SPEC Propietary Clutch Kit Combos are Now Shipping!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Parking brake releases in first for me. Didn't think it was supposed to auto let go in reverse
Sponsored

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2011 Grand Cherokee 4x4 1996 rhd crv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Parking brake releases in first for me. Didn't think it was supposed to auto let go in reverse
Now im second guessing myself but im almost positive it did in reverse. What clutch did you put in?

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still stock.
Probably won't swap for another year or two.
I'm using TSP Stage 1 Tune and a PRL Cobra, and that's good enough for me so far.
I'm a bang/buck kinda guy, not a max-out guy

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Picked up my si today from the shop. But i noticed the parking brake is not releasing when i put it in gear, 1st or reverse. One thing i can think of is that maybe since the clutch is engaging differently that its not reaching the same point in the clutch as before. Is anyone having this issue? I ended up getting the 3+ with the steel flywheel
We have not seen that issue. Was the pedal adjusted?

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Huuuuge shout-out to @Two Step Performance for their amazing customer service!! Just pulled the trigger on the stage 2+ w/ steel flywheel and an intercooler :D

Getting excited for 2019 like
:dance:

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, I think 2019 is the year I get an intercooler as well...27Won is developing one, will hold out to see what they have before buying...leaning to PRL tho (of course).

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
They are here! The steel flywheels are ready to ship. Pricing is the same as the aluminum version. They weigh 24.8lbs, lighter than stock (32lbs) but heavy enough to avoid any extra drivetrain noise. We are recommending the 2+ package to most customers, as it will comfortably hold 380+ ft lbs at the wheels:

http://twostepperformance.com/spec-...eel-flywheel-combo-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/

Please note there is an error in the current site description that says to expect noise. That is not the case! We expect it to be as quiet as the stock flywheel.
Old thread I know...but I am trying to find a link like that, but for the 3+ with steel flywheel and am not seeing that on your site. I already purchased your Cobra Race MAF CAI, and am now going to pull the trigger on the clutch, flywheel, braided clutch line, PRL front pipe/down pipe combo and also prl or mishi intercooler. I also have the Invidia R400 exhaust sitting around to go on it...so I figure do it all at once, and tune once....less dyno costs haha. The reason my thought process was to go 3+, is someone here mentioned it to be the longest lasting clutch currently available...and since I spun my stock clutch in about 6,000 miles with just a Ktuner and TSP Stage 1, I might wanna consider the heavier duty clutch? Thoughts? Hopefully sooner than later...I'd like to order it all at once. Help me Obi Won Kanobi...you're our only hope hahahaha, thanks!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Old thread I know...but I am trying to find a link like that, but for the 3+ with steel flywheel and am not seeing that on your site. I already purchased your Cobra Race MAF CAI, and am now going to pull the trigger on the clutch, flywheel, braided clutch line, PRL front pipe/down pipe combo and also prl or mishi intercooler. I also have the Invidia R400 exhaust sitting around to go on it...so I figure do it all at once, and tune once....less dyno costs haha. The reason my thought process was to go 3+, is someone here mentioned it to be the longest lasting clutch currently available...and since I spun my stock clutch in about 6,000 miles with just a Ktuner and TSP Stage 1, I might wanna consider the heavier duty clutch? Thoughts? Hopefully sooner than later...I'd like to order it all at once. Help me Obi Won Kanobi...you're our only hope hahahaha, thanks!
here's all the SPEC combos...
https://twostepperformance.com/spec-inc/

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks! And now after reading some reviews, I might just end up with the 2+ and steel flywheel combo anyhow haha...I just can't make up my mind LOL.
The 2+ is what TSP recommends unless you're gonna go crazy

They say you can use code 'CivicX' for 5% off too!

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
I see on Two Step's page it says it will hold 449 ft lbs, but when I went to the Spec website, it says their 2+ only holds 301 lbs ft. I definitely don't want it if it only holds 301 as I'll for sure be over that. Here's the link to the TSP kit I was looking at
https://twostepperformance.com/spec...eel-flywheel-combo-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/
The clutch model by itself without the flywheel holds less than the version with the upgraded flywheel. I don't know if SPEC even has the model with the flywheel advertised on their site. Also, note that I think those numbers are rated from the crank, not at the wheel so expect holding power to be closer to ~380. Just some notes from when I was shopping.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The clutch model by itself without the flywheel holds less than the version with the upgraded flywheel. I don't know if SPEC even has the model with the flywheel advertised on their site. Also, note that I think those numbers are rated from the crank, not at the wheel so expect holding power to be closer to ~380. Just some notes from when I was shopping.
Cool, good to know. I sent an email to Spec for clarification and am hoping to hear back from TSP also....I need to order like yesterday. Cheers
Sponsored