r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Switched my Mishimoto silicone hose / AEM Dryflow filter combo back to my original PRL silicone hose / aFe Pro Dry S filter combo. Power delivery is the same but I have noticed slightly better fuel economy with the PRL / aFe setup.

As far as the tune, all is well. But these humid 90+ degree days really cut into power output.
Tell me about it. Now that I have this car, for the first time ever I'm bummed that it's getting nicer out lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been tuned for a while, but don't travel long distances. Right now I have under 15,000 miles on the car. What are you hearing recommended for tuned cars?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Note that 2019s aren't yet listed as they're still being added in for initial support. If you want to check your specific part number email KTuner.
@KTuner
My 2016 EX-T's ECU isn't yet supported for On The Fly mapping. Are you still actively adding 2016 ECUs for this feature?

My ECU is 37820-5AA-A56 for reference.

My Basemaps that show up are Factory 5AA-A55 and Factory 5AA-A57. The A55 is what I have been using and it does not have on the fly mapping. The A57 profile does have it, but reading through your site and comments on these forums I was warned against using A57 for my ECU. Info from this thread: https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktuner-install-issue.34041/#post-569621

Last edited:

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
If you've been in for service you should have also been updated, in which you can use the newer version. If not, consider it.
@KTuner
When you say “in for service” do you mean to Honda? I haven’t had my car to them since owning the KTuner. The only time it’s been in was to update the infotainment software a few months after purchasing the car.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner
When you say “in for service” do you mean to Honda? I haven’t had my car to them since owning the KTuner. The only time it’s been in was to update the infotainment software a few months after purchasing the car.
They can get you to the newer software versions. The CVT controller needs to be updated, too, in order to use the newer software version and we don't flash those.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a little update on my switch from the Mishimoto silicone hose / AEM Dryflow combo to my current PRL silicone hose / aFe Pro Dry S. There is a very noticeable difference in MPG. Even in the recent humid, 90 degree temps, I'm averaging 42.3 MPG this tankful. Shockingly, on one of my work commutes (I only hit one red light), I saw 50 MPG! Tuned! Even in a city stop and go, backup after backup trip, I still saw 35 MPG. Of course I wasn't gunning it all the time like I sometimes do, but it shows that driven normally, a KTuner tuned Civic gets great mileage.

On another note, I recently had an encounter with a newer Mazda Miata MX-5 and while I definitely had more straight line power, he was able to weave in and out of tight spots that my Civic just couldn't do. I definitely need to install that Si rear sway bar and better tires.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
GTMan - Haven't seen 40 average yet, but recently have need to do 50 miles each way for about 2 weeks and am above 38, KTuner TSP1, Map 2. And, cruising about 70 with occasional passing pulls. 38mpg at 70mph? Holy Crap!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That 17/19.5/21.5 otf setup I'm running continues to be excellent. To tell the truth, with the temps in the 90's and the 90% humidity we've been dealing with recently, I haven't been using the 21.5 tune much.

Super fun moment today. A late model 'Vette was on my tail on the highway when I saw the perfect moment to show off my car's power. I made my move at 65 mph and quickly was at 100 mph and that 'Vette driver was caught behind a mini van wondering how a Civic easily got the best of him. I slowed back down and when he caught up he gave me a look. :cool:

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Switched my Mishimoto silicone hose / AEM Dryflow filter combo back to my original PRL silicone hose / aFe Pro Dry S filter combo. Power delivery is the same but I have noticed slightly better fuel economy with the PRL / aFe setup.

As far as the tune, all is well. But these humid 90+ degree days really cut into power output.
Mind my asking which Filter are you using with the PRL hose? Is it just a universal drop in filter, or one from one of their kits for the honda?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
aFe Pro Dry S drop-in. PRL's Stage 1 kit comes with a Green drop-in filter but I prefer the dry type to the oiled ones.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I recently uploaded the TSP Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T non-Si and it's excellent. The full TSP tune (Map 3) is a nice upgrade compared to the KTuner Starter 21. I mean, no matter how much I played around with the quick adjustments and boost table, I couldn't come close to what I'm getting from the TSP tune. I'll miss playing around with the settings but this locked tune is like having a semi-custom tune done for $80. It's as smooth as the KTuner base tunes but adds a bit more top end feel.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I’m also thinking of picking up the TSP Stage 1 for my Si, just going by the reviews for both the Si and non Si it sounds like an amazing deal.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I recently uploaded the TSP Stage 1 tune for the 1.5T non-Si and it's excellent. The full TSP tune (Map 3) is a nice upgrade compared to the KTuner Starter 21. I mean, no matter how much I played around with the quick adjustments and boost table, I couldn't come close to what I'm getting from the TSP tune. I'll miss playing around with the settings but this locked tune is like having a semi-custom tune done for $80. It's as smooth as the KTuner base tunes but adds a bit more top end feel.
Excuse my ignorance but what is this TSP tune and how do I get it?

Also I have not been into Honda yet for the oil dilution software update so is it imperative that I do that first?
Sponsored