Official WHITE ORCHID PEARL Civic Thread

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Local dealer was a black and a white EXL in stock. Hope to be testing one this week. Has anyone owned this white? What is it like to live with? It's the pearl element that interests me. The pearl white I have seen on other vehicles can look very rich. Does it change much in different lighting?
Sponsored

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Local dealer was a black and a white EXL in stock. Hope to be testing one this week. Has anyone owned this white? What is it like to live with? It's the pearl element that interests me. The pearl white I have seen on other vehicles can look very rich. Does it change much in different lighting?
White color actually hides everyday dust better than medium or dark colors. It's dirt, sludge, mud, and other darker stuff that shows very easily on it. Never seen white orchid in person but it looks pretty metallic from the photos. Paints with a lot of metal flake can look almost matte in some lighting (like the pics in post #2), an effect I find really cool.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
White color actually hides everyday dust better than medium or dark colors. It's dirt, sludge, mud, and other darker stuff that shows very easily on it. Never seen white orchid in person but it looks pretty metallic from the photos. Paints with a lot of metal flake can look almost matte in some lighting (like the pics in post #2), an effect I find really cool.
I've had several white Corvette's but never drove them in the winter. White is a great colour in the summer. The pictures above really don't show how 'pearly' this colour is. Post #2 does the best job. Lexus and Acura pearl whites are dramatic. Others I've seen are half hearted attempts. Guess I'll see tomorrow. The Accord is also offered in White Orchid Pearl.

pinoyBalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Acura MDX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Traded-in my 04 Acura TSX, solid car, never had a problem for over 10 years. I wasn't really planning on buying the car today (maybe in a month or 2) because I thought they won't sell the car lower than the MSRP but they offered me something that I couldn't resist.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official WHITE ORCHID PEARL Civic Thread 12231354_902812036471947_36507290_n

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I went and saw (and drove) a white touring last night. I've got to say, under the lights at the dealership the pearly white color looked really good. My wife really liked it as well. We're wrestling with whether or not we want to spend $30K on a civic (after tax) so we didn't pull the trigger. It was a blast to drive. I will note however that the leather in the back seemed rather cheap compared to the front seats and the fact that there weren't separate headrests in the back (they were basically stitched into the seats) added to the cheaper look. I also wasn't sure how i would attach the anchors for my car seats (I have two little ones). Would they go up over the head rests or around?

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finalized my deal today. Take delivery of my White Orchid Pearl Touring late next week. Very excited as it will be quite a change from my Pilot. Car will be delivered with Michelin X-Ice on steel rims. Storage is included for the factory tires and rims for two years.

Also in the deal is paint protection, all-weather mats and wheel locks.

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Finalized my deal today. Take delivery of my White Orchid Pearl Touring late next week. Very excited as it will be quite a change from my Pilot. Car will be delivered with Michelin X-Ice on steel rims. Storage is included for the factory tires and rims for two years.

Also in the deal is paint protection, all-weather mats and wheel locks.
Hey you managed to convince the wifey. Congrats!

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey you managed to convince the wifey. Congrats!
Worked up some spreadsheets to demonstrate that moving the old Pilot out for the new Civic will actually save us about $70+ per month over the next 3 years ($2,520+). The major part of that is a saving of $1,200 annually on gas at $1.00 litre. The plus sign is due to not knowing or factoring in any major repairs that MAY be required on a 7 year old Pilot.
A hug and a wet kiss also helped.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Some really nice dealer pics of a White Orchid Pearl EX-T...

Honda Civic 10th gen Official WHITE ORCHID PEARL Civic Thread 2016-civic-vs-2016-civic4

Honda Civic 10th gen Official WHITE ORCHID PEARL Civic Thread 2016-civic-vs-2016-civic4

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone else found it impossible to get your hands on a WOP + Ivory interior touring? So far five different dealers around me have been unable to get it.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
There is one WOP Touring near where I live. The dealer only has one on the lot out of 18 (rest are in the back) to get rid of the 2015s first.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There were 3 in my area on Saturday. I managed to get one of them.
Sponsored