2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I did sort of the same thing. Just keeping it from touching any plastics or wires. Giving it a lot of air space for best possible heat dissipation. So how long have you had the LEDs in there? Are you happy with them? I finally drove during the night and have to say I haven't noticed that much more appreciable light output but I do like the cooler color temp of the LEDs though.
i have it for about 1.5 week. the output is not as bright as what i expected even is 3600LM per bulb. ya, i also like the cooler color temp just to match my yellow fogs...lol

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) dsc_2539-

Attachments

Clear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Was looking into getting these but I read that LEDs/HIDs used in non LED/HID fixtures are technically illegal, and I really don't want to give the police any extra reason to pull me over or give me a ticket. I'm thinking of doing a light swap with the Touring's headlights though (though it sounds like that could cost a good 6x the price of the OPT7s).

That said, I've seen people around my town have straight up purple, green, and blinding blue headlights, as well as red, green, and blue turn signals on the front, so either (1) they had just put them on, (2) they've been lucky enough not to get pulled for obvious violations, (3) the police that see them don't realize it's illegal, or (4) the police in my city don't care, so maybe the cool-white ones would be regular-looking enough to avoid getting pulled over for them.

Anyone here ever been pulled/ticketed for cool-white LEDs/HIDs?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just an update: Finally heard from OPT7 tech support. He said "they (the control drivers) indeed get hot which means it is working flawlessly," in his words. But they shouldn't be "burning hot" he added. He also suggested installing the capacitors to see if it lessens the heat.

But here's the thing, the bulbs don't seem to work when I use the flux capacitors. The bulbs only worked with the polarity adaptors. So I have no idea if the capacitors make a difference. I did drive around tonight running errands and the lights appear to be working fine. I checked the drivers again and yeah they're hot. Not sure if they are "burning hot" so that's that. I think I may just have to ditch these bulbs for the time being until I figure out if they're safe or not to use inside the engine bay. Just don't want to roll the dice on something as expensive as my car for a $99 set of bulbs and some cool color rendition.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not very knowledgeable with LED lighting kits and bulbs and have a question. Why is it that we can't swap out the halogen headlight bulbs for an LED bulb, but the fog lights are halogen and we can easily just plug in an LED bulb and it works? I'm confused. Thank you.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not very knowledgeable with LED lighting kits and bulbs and have a question. Why is it that we can't swap out the halogen headlight bulbs for an LED bulb, but the fog lights are halogen and we can easily just plug in an LED bulb and it works? I'm confused. Thank you.
yes u can, put i think some high power LED requires a driver...

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
here is some updates from my Ebay LED headlight output

streets in car view
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) DSC_0002.JPG

driveway door in car view
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) DSC_0003.JPG

cutout line on my house wall
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) DSC_0004.JPG

white head yellow fog
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) DSC_0005 copy

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
here is some updates from my Ebay LED headlight output

streets in car view
DSC_0002.JPG

driveway door in car view
DSC_0003.JPG

cutout line on my house wall
DSC_0004.JPG

white head yellow fog
DSC_0005 copy.jpg
Nice! How do you feel about the light? Cuz in the pictures mine always look brighter than real person.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! How do you feel about the light? Cuz in the pictures mine always look brighter than real person.
is great! i like how it makes the lines on road all bright white. only downside is it doesnt throw far enough as i expected. it throws about the same as OEM halogen range

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
is great! i like how it makes the lines on road all bright white. only downside is it doesnt throw far enough as i expected. it throws about the same as OEM halogen range
If they throw same as OEM halogen then why do people rip on them as not being effective? If throw is same and not worse then why not use them cuz they aesthetically look 1000 times better. I know HID is best but they just worry me even though the 35w kits produce less heat than the stock halogen

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they throw same as OEM halogen then why do people rip on them as not being effective? If throw is same and not worse then why not use them cuz they aesthetically look 1000 times better. I know HID is best but they just worry me even though the 35w kits produce less heat than the stock halogen
i have HID 6000k 35w in my forester and the throw is worst than this LED. i prefer LED because the driver is very small, not like the HID that needs a big ballist.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
You have link to ones you bought.? There is a link on this forum to the XenonDepot Phillips set that are $119.00 and are nice. And like a 3 year warranty I think. What Civic do you have? I'm buying an EX-L in about 3 months. I want to do lamps and sound system. I like the Touring sound but can't justify the price. But having someone mess with wiring and aftermarket subs and speakers always scares me as well. I want to keep the stock head unit but needs more oomff. 180W just ain't gonna do it

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have link to ones you bought.? There is a link on this forum to the XenonDepot Phillips set that are $119.00 and are nice. And like a 3 year warranty I think. What Civic do you have? I'm buying an EX-L in about 3 months. I want to do lamps and sound system. I like the Touring sound but can't justify the price. But having someone mess with wiring and aftermarket subs and speakers always scares me as well. I want to keep the stock head unit but needs more oomff. 180W just ain't gonna do it
this is what i bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331782327836?

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Got my headlights installed. Don't have time to do the fog lights tonight.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Got my headlights installed. Don't have time to do the fog lights tonight.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Put them fog lights on! LoL your car's looking good! What kind of fog light you got? I changed mine to Philips for better light spread and brightness.
Sponsored