What car were you cross shopping your Si with?

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ded as wanted a Subaru so bad but I knew I could not afford it and mod at the same time so I settled for the SI.... 3 yrs and still going. And I’m Lowkey thinking about how much cup ramen I gotta eat to get an STI lmao
With all the money you save on gas, you might be in your way sooner than you think. The Sti is definitely a good upgrade performance wise. PB&J and top ramen...that's the classic tuner diet haha.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WRX, Focus RS.

jokacz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mini Cooper S, 19 SI Coupe
Country flag
I looked at a stripped John Cooper Works Mini. Could have picked it up for a bit less than 30k. Faster than SI, quality of materials was higher, but German cars are just weird and no longer as reliable as they once were. And nowhere near as bullet proof as a Honda. I bought the SI. A tune and maybe an E85 kit along with a muffler delete would be about all I'd do to it.

OP
OP
MoaRPowah

MoaRPowah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I looked at a stripped John Cooper Works Mini. Could have picked it up for a bit less than 30k. Faster than SI, quality of materials was higher, but German cars are just weird and no longer as reliable as they once were. And nowhere near as bullet proof as a Honda. I bought the SI. A tune and maybe an E85 kit along with a muffler delete would be about all I'd do to it.
Don't forget to add a clutch to that setup :thumbsup:

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Yeah I was sold on the first test drive!

But after adding the TSP tune the car is a near perfect daily driver.

Once I put on some legit super sticky summers I will be in car heaven!

Cheers

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
Mustang eco boost, focus st (no longer made in US), and Toyota Tacoma

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Not sure what published sources you're going off of. You can harp on this fallacious point of yours all you want, but it doesn't make it so. There are many members here that have actually owned both cars. All can attest to the significant difference in off-track driving. And considering that you seem to make a pattern of attempting to announce how "close" the SI is to the R in every thread possible (including my unrelated SI part out thread, apparently), it's clear that you just want to spread misinformation.
I get what he is trying to say. For 50% cost or more over an Si, your are not getting 50% or more of the performance outside of the track..the 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers are really only about 1 second apart in the real world..and as someone who doesnt plan on going to the track, he couldnt justify the extra cost. So for him, the performance to dollar ratio doesnt make sense in favor of the Type R.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Elantra Sport which I was dead set on until I randomly drove the 2017 Si sedan, and bought it on spot :)

LSD, reliability, aftermarket support, and holding its value have been the biggest pros of Si vs. ES. The 2017-18 ES has an amazing exterior which always makes me do a double-take when I see them on the road. The 2019 mid-cycle refresh Hyundai just performed is truly awful, one of the worst mid-cycle refreshes along with the new Camaro :doh:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
2017 Elantra Sport which I was dead set on until I randomly drove the 2017 Si sedan, and bought it on spot :)

LSD, reliability, aftermarket support, and holding its value have been the biggest pros of Si vs. ES. The 2017-18 ES has an amazing exterior which always makes me do a double-take when I see them on the road. The 2019 mid-cycle refresh Hyundai just performed is truly awful, one of the worst mid-cycle refreshes along with the new Camaro :doh:
I’ll be honest when I test drove the Elantra both sport sedan and Gt hatch I wasn’t impressed it didn’t handle as well as the Honda and Hyundai doesn’t offer a coupe or two door anymore I wanted a coupe and I don’t like the veloster new or old design. I wanted a Si I mentioned in a early post why not . although my EXT has a CVT and the Elantra Gt turbo has a 6 speed automatic in my opinion my ext performs as well

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Ded as wanted a Subaru so bad but I knew I could not afford it and mod at the same time so I settled for the SI.... 3 yrs and still going. And I’m Lowkey thinking about how much cup ramen I gotta eat to get an STI lmao
Funny because im going from a 2015 stage 2ish wrx to (most likely) a 2019 Si . To give you an idea of how much ramen you will need to eat, after crunching the numbers (gas/car payment/maintenance/insurance) ill be saving close to $400 a month buying a new Si vs buying my limited wrx new in 2014. I enjoyed the wrx, but there's really nothing left i want to do to it. On to the next car

Last edited:

liljay2008

First Name
Jide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI
Country flag
Funny because im going from a 2015 stage 2ish wrx to (most likely) a 2019 Si . To give you an idea of how much ramen you will need to eat, after crunching the numbers (gas/car payment/maintenance/insurance) ill be saving close to $400 a month buying a new Si vs buying my limited wrx new in 2014. I enjoyed the wrx, but there's really nothing left i want to do to it. On to the next car
When I see the price sticker on those things I’m like;) however, I think I’ll just be on a water diet after reading this lmao. Ps. Welcome to the civic crew in advance and enjoy your radio knob
Sponsored