27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Moving all sound clips back to the top + added sound clip of the entire system installed

Cold Start:

Inside Cabin sound clip and Drone Test at 3k and 4K RPMs (spoiler alert: NO DRONE!)

Rev Sound Clips + Parking Lot drive around

Update 6-15-19

Just installed the Downpipe (catted)! Special shoutout to @Jeiz and @hobby-man for helping with getting the studs off the OEM downpipe, could not have done this without you guys! For those who may run into this issue, you need to use the double nut trick.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips BB57546F-1441-44C2-9DA2-296723859369

This trick seriously saved me a LOT of time and headaches. Thanks again guys! @Barett@27WON @Vincent@27WON you guys might want to consider supplying these studs for your future customers. Getting the studs removed definitely took me more time than I would have liked. I also ended up not putting the top heat shield on since it’s such a pain in the ass to put back on without removing the TIP. Install was much easier for whatever reason vs the Frontpipe+Back Exhaust I did last week.

Also I have not gotten a CEL warning light so far, but I’ve read you need to drive out at least 30 miles before it comes on. Will deal with that when the time comes but I’m crossing my fingers that it stays off.

So I took it for a spin... and omg I think I might have made a mistake lol. This thing went from a great sounding system to a great lions roaring sounding system! I mean it’s pretty damn loud, especially when you’re slowly cruising to 3K rpms. Between 2.5k to 3.5k you can REALLY hear the Downpipe. Also when I’m slowing down I can hear all the pops/crackle/burbs. I guarantee people are all looking over when I pass by now. There was a mustang driving next to me and he seemed to have a loud exhaust (or maybe all mustangs are loud?) but as I drove by, my system was MUCH LOUDER than his and I think he was genuinely surprised (because he started to slow down lol - must have wanted to check out my exhaust). Overall, I am a bit unsure of the Downpipe right now... it’s definitely made my car a bit louder than I was expecting. Obviously I’m keeping it on for awhile because I just spent the last 5 hours busting my ass getting it installed. But for prospective buyers, the full turbo back system will make your Si loud (in a very good way). There is now drone at certain rpms (1.5k-2.5k) which is about 4th gear going 40, but once you get into that magic number range (3-3.5k and 4-4.5k), the side branch resonators still do their job and kills drone in those ranges. I will record and post sound clips tomorrow.

Couple of things I’ve noticed and hope other DP owners can back my findings.

1. I have TSP Stage 1 tune - map 3, and the great thing about tunes (KTuner) is the throttle padding. It really makes upshifting a lot smoother and less jerky, BUT when you’re cruising at low speeds (2nd gear: 15-30mph) and you let off the gas, then the car jerks (which I assume is due to the throttle padding/response). This was a very slight annoyance but I was getting good at controlling the throttle enough so that it wouldn’t do that. Well now with this DP, it does NOT do that at all anymore. I’m wondering if it’s due to the larger piping, so the exhaust flow is allowing the throttle response to be smoother? Either way this is a very happy finding!

2. I highly doubt it’s due to the turbo back exhaust system, but my fuel trims seem to have gotten better. I’ve been hovering around -8-13% LTFT the last couple of weeks and thought maybe it was due to the insane heat here in Vegas. It has gotten humid a bit so maybe it could be that. I also ended up cleaning my CAI and the MAF housing (which wasn’t even dirty at all) so this could also be why... but at least for now with the new system installed fuel trims have improved dramatically (it’s now ranging from -2-5% LTFT).

3. Gains, power, the topic everyone wants to know. I didn’t really push the car on the test
so I am not 100% certain on gains. I will say though, I’m reaching 60mph very quickly on local streets. I feel that it’s the same time as when I reach 50mph without the system vs 60mph with the full system. So clearly there must be some gains. Like I said, I didn’t go past 4.5k rpms and I’m pretty sure all gains will be more noticeable past 4K. My mileage has definitely gone down, so that should be a testament that the Downpipe is working. More exhaust flow getting pushed out, I would assume = more fuel burning. I think I might consider a custom tune soon, but I will try to hold out when I get the W1 turbo in the future.

Guys, seriously, if you’re into high quality pieces for your car, then you need to consider 27Won’s System. It is extremely well made and I am getting endless compliments on how great my car sounds. I really wish I can be a bystander and see my own car drive by because I’m interested in how the world hears me when I’m coming down the road. If you want refined sound, get the front pipe and back exhaust. If you want an even LOUDER system, get the Downpipe. What I really want to compare is someone who has 27Won’s Back Exhaust + PRL’s front pipe Downpipe combo. I’d love to hear comparisons between the two. I ended up going 27Won instead of PRL for the DP/FP because I figured 27Won literally tunes the sound of this system all the way from the DP to the back exhaust. Therefore, it’d make more sense going all one company for a specific performance part rather than getting a Frankenstein collection of parts. Thank you 27Won for allowing me to fall in love with my car all over again! I normally don’t like driving around too much but I get super hyped to go out nowadays! Love this system, loving this company, and loving this community! Hope my reviews will convince some more of you to spend that extra cash for quality products because it really is worth every penny. Thanks for tuning in and let me know if you have questions about the install or any requests for sound clips, I’d be more than happy to oblige!

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 68D78C84-CE62-4D2E-AD83-B47C8C868232

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips E93AEF9F-6AD0-46F7-AAF3-584165EA7D46

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 6EE94FD1-2DEA-48AD-9191-FC9894EB650A

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips F5B5DC94-126D-433E-A668-0EBF1AE20ABA

Sounds Clips: Just a reminder, I don’t have the Downpipe installed yet so I’m going to assume that the exhaust system will get even more louder and aggressive. Will post that once I get it installed.

Also @Barett@27WON and @Vincent@27WON - Please feel free to use my videos to post on your FB page. I remember you guys wanting us to post in one place, but I don’t use FB very much. I am spreading it all over IG though!

Review:

This system is amazing! Unfortunately I didn’t get the downpipe installed so my system isn’t 100% complete. But so far it’s been great, on startups the exhaust is boomy and has a nice deep tone. Honestly the video and sound clips DOES NOT do it justice. It really rumbles especially from 1-2k rpm and my phone does not pick that up at all.

Side branch resonators:

Let’s be honest, who thought these resonators might have been some marketing ploy? Well I will confirm that these truly cancel out drone at 3k and 4K rpms. In fact it does such a good job that I’m not sure how much louder it is to people outside. If drone has been a bother to you then this is the exhaust system for you. I’m not going to lie, I wish it did have some drone, so that the car could feel more aggressive throughout the power band. But I know that’s just temporary and I know I will love how great it sounds for daily driving. Not too obnoxious but also enough so that people know you have a performance exhaust system installed.

I posted some clips below and you can hear in my second video how awesome it sounds on acceleration (plus the added beautiful sound of the CAI). I wanted to post rev videos, but for some reason my car tops out at 3k rpm when revving at neutral. I’m wondering if there is launch control enabled from the TSP Stage 1 tune. I really would like to get that disabled so I can post some more sound clips for you all. I’ve already checked the settings and I’m not sure which option would turn that feature off.

Anyways, everyone... if you have been on the fence about getting a 27Won exhaust, then fear not, it is absolute quality. I do worry about the quality of my work so I’m going to take it in to a shop to make sure I torqued everything down and to straighten out the exhaust tips a bit. Plus I have to buy a new hangar from Honda and get that installed. Yes the system is pricey, but you can’t cheap out on quality. Seriously, pull the trigger! If you want a crazy loud exhaust that will rumble the entire city go with something else. This is a refined sound that doesn’t make the car sound ricey at all. I am now a firm believer that 27Won is redefining the aftermarket.

6-5 post:

I did it guys... I pulled the trigger and ended up purchasing the full turbo back system (Downpipe + Frontpipe + Back Exhaust System) from 27Won for my Si!

After going back and forth between 27Won and Borla, I’ve finally settled with 27Won. Simply because their entire company is based on the 10th gen platform and nothing else. That tells me that 27Won literally only has their eyes on making our civics better than before while some other seem more like cookie cutter companies that just mass deploy products. Also I love their exhaust tips!

Hopefully I can get it by the weekend and installed so I can post my review here. I will also make sure to post a lot of sound clips to help those who may be on the fence. I’ll update this thread once I get the system installed.

Edit:

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips A43F158F-83AC-47BF-876F-ED85A68FC3CF

It’s been shipped! Coming Friday, which is also my Birthday! Gonna be an amazing day!

Edit 2:

IT’S FINALLY HERE!! I’m pretty pissed though because UPS who usually always delivers by 12 decided to deliver this at 6pm! F U - UPS

Can’t wait till tomorrow morning to get this sucker installed! Thanks again @Barett@27WON @Vincent@27WON

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 420FE8AD-34D7-4B33-B485-8C9197FE1383

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips BF0E476F-7B3A-4BFD-9F62-773FE10F942D

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 5DA9FEB6-8EB0-4D94-9C32-D92D90F90C50

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips EC3600F6-AA81-4A9F-9FBE-08CB64D12DDC

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 1A0196CD-113E-43A8-91E7-2768B549D77C

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 32FF6DB8-9A33-4730-8AD2-21634838B3E7

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips B7E392DF-C968-4DE7-8E8A-4E7D99B05EF4

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips CD3DBA57-F786-4A8C-9ED4-C148A69369CB

6-9 Edit:

Okay so, woke up Saturday morning and loaded the car to get the exhaust installed. To my disbelief, the shop was closed! Oh my goodness, I was so livid, thanks UPS for the delay in my packages on Friday!

Anyways I decided... F this, I’m going to do this by myself. No way I can wait till Monday to get it professionally done. Plus it was most likely a sign from above that I needed to man up and handle this install like a pro.

Let’s just say it took me nearly 10 hours to complete the job... but it’s on! But only the front pipe and back exhaust. I will have to do the down pipe another weekend. Here are some pictures of my install. I’ll be posting sound clips a bit later, I’m currently having issues with my car topping at 3k revs when in neutral so I haven’t been able to record properly.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips D1D4F948-0A07-460F-951F-4BD78A747238

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 1C118159-AB30-4162-9F5A-63EEF581DDDB

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 5DB67CC2-4757-4E0A-A7C6-CCA5C16A31B3

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 101B50AB-B076-4B55-BB42-78824587CFDC

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 167C4619-E617-4E62-B282-E0C375D69C68

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 5EB91B0E-B227-4267-AB26-789F0133B60C

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips CE7AF4D3-C24E-4E0C-98CB-B19858FF9703

Seriously FUCK these hangars!! Whoops I accidentally tore right through the front pipe hangar lol...
Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips B3122B0E-09CA-4538-9AD2-1683202DAF38

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 31DCA012-527F-41F3-B21F-E6841504B605

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips F0A7B664-0568-44F7-B7E3-47B5C851F5BF

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 7283364E-CE80-4893-A1E7-0BBA52E36ABF

LOL this picture the 27Won logo looks like a grumpy face emoji pointing to the 2 exhaust tips
Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Full Turbo Back + Review and Sound Clips 940CD2BC-124F-4600-9BAF-12078E7B8E67

I’ll post a sound clip of me driving around in the middle of the night. No exterior point of view clips yet, only inside the car.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You won't be disappointed!

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
BTW did you go catted or catless?

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW did you go catted or catless?
Catted!

I was quoted $180 for a shop to install the entire turbo back system. Do you think that’s pretty good or expensive?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Catted!

I was quoted $180 for a shop to install the entire turbo back system. Do you think that’s pretty good or expensive?
Good choice, save the whales lol.

That's honestly lower than I'd guess based on how long it took me to do it, but then again I was a complete newb working on jack stands. Make sure they don't damage or hammer out the studs on the lower DP flange - 27WON doesn't give you new ones, you're supposed to re-use that hardware. Like I said, it's an easy install if you have the right tools.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
Borla has a catback for the sedan? Last i checked they only have one for the coupe, because i asked since they are local to donate my car. But since it's got rv6 down/front pipes they said it had to be stock. And that price isn't bad at all, i'd save some money doing it yourself and pb blast everything you're gonna loosen the night before and just take your time.

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Borla has a catback for the sedan? Last i checked they only have one for the coupe, because i asked since they are local to donate my car. But since it's got rv6 down/front pipes they said it had to be stock. And that price isn't bad at all, i'd save some money doing it yourself and pb blast everything you're gonna loosen the night before and just take your time.
Borla hasn’t released the sedan version yet but I was willing to wait. Just had a gut feeling that I’d be more happier with 27Won. Besides their exhaust tips are so unique! Going to look so nice.

Unfortunately my Si is my DD and if something goes wrong with the install I would be in trouble. If the shop really does quote me $180 for the entire system then I’d rather get it professionally done. Plus I’m going to insist that I watch during the entire install while I have the Dozuki app out to ensure that they do the install correctly. I’m pretty confident I can do the install but I just don’t have all the tools needed for the job (I’d have to rent some tools from autozone) so that would be kind of a pain in the butt for my situation.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
Borla hasn’t released the sedan version yet but I was willing to wait. Just had a gut feeling that I’d be more happier with 27Won. Besides their exhaust tips are so unique! Going to look so nice.

Unfortunately my Si is my DD and if something goes wrong with the install I would be in trouble. If the shop really does quote me $180 for the entire system then I’d rather get it professionally done. Plus I’m going to insist that I watch during the entire install while I have the Dozuki app out to ensure that they do the install correctly. I’m pretty confident I can do the install but I just don’t have all the tools needed for the job (I’d have to rent some tools from autozone) so that would be kind of a pain in the butt for my situation.
Yeah i got a magnaflow right now but i'm looking at the hks but the wait is long. I'd def jump on that price for install though, on past vehicles i was quoted more but since i have an auto hobby shop on my base i'm lucky to rent a stall and have the tools. Looking forward to seeing some vids once you get it installed.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@ne0guri if you can, I'd still suggest spraying the turbo studs with PB before the install. Odds are good the shop would have no issue but I think I saw one post about the studs snapping and the shop having to drill them out

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Fair price, that's probably at a $90hr shop rate and a 2hr job as long as the front pipe nuts come off the turbo easily.

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I just received tracking and ETA is for Friday! I’m soooo excited!

@ne0guri if you can, I'd still suggest spraying the turbo studs with PB before the install. Odds are good the shop would have no issue but I think I saw one post about the studs snapping and the shop having to drill them out
Which studs are problematic? The one connecting the turbo to the Downpipe or are you talking about the TIP mounting bolts? I also need to make sure like you mentioned that the shops don’t break the front pipe studs.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I just received tracking and ETA is for Friday! I’m soooo excited!

Which studs are problematic? The one connecting the turbo to the Downpipe or are you talking about the TIP mounting bolts? I also need to make sure like you mentioned that the shops don’t break the front pipe studs.
Woohoo!! Yeah, the turbo/DP bolts are the problematic ones. You actually don't need to remove the TIP at all, I didn't. I just used ratchet extensions.

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woohoo!! Yeah, the turbo/DP bolts are the problematic ones. You actually don't need to remove the TIP at all, I didn't. I just used ratchet extensions.
Hmmmmmmmm interesting!! This was the point in the Downpipe install that had me most worried! Now I may just have the shop do the Frontpipe and exhaust and I can do the Downpipe on my own. Decisions, decisions....

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hmmmmmmmm interesting!! This was the point in the Downpipe install that had me most worried! Now I may just have the shop do the Frontpipe and exhaust and I can do the Downpipe on my own. Decisions, decisions....
I put the odds at >90% I'd drop a bolt in the engine bay trying to do the TIP :p

The videos I watched of people doing other installs (PRL, RV6) didn't remove it either so I figured I was safe. Although honestly the DP is the hardest part of the install. If you're gonna do that, do the whole thing and make a day of it :thumbsup:
Sponsored