Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I'm getting a short intake. Not concerned with power gains, I want sound. So far, I seem to like the sound of the K&N best. I'm also tossing around Injen and PRL. Advice? Again, power gain means nothing to me. Thanks!
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
If you search the forums some people are having issues with the Injen intake and no custom tune. I would stick with 27Won, PRL, Mishimoto, or AEM.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you search the forums some people are having issues with the Injen intake and no custom tune. I would stick with 27Won, PRL, Mishimoto, or AEM.
27WON is probably the most expensive in that group, and the most enclosed so it would be the quietest. I have the Mishi and it sounds good, but it's also partially enclosed. No experience with AEM. PRL would be among the loudest as it's fully open.

DannyG1904

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Haven’t gotten an intake myself, but I’d probably go with the PRL short ram if I were in your shoes. Should give you the most intake/turbo sounds and as the above post mentioned it seems to keep the fuel trims in check without having to resort to custom tuning.

tsmoove

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Check out maperformance. Their intake for the Civic is pretty loud.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I have a prl and honestly the k&n is the loudest I have both

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I have it for sale if interested

Honda Civic 10th gen Picking intake IMG_20190525_202337

OP
OP
Angus

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I ended up going with the PRL. It should be delivered any time now. If I'm not happy with I may send it back and get the K&N.

Maleton3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (Tonic Yellow Pearl)
Country flag
I ended up going with the PRL. It should be delivered any time now. If I'm not happy with I may send it back and get the K&N.
Awesome! Give an update when its installed! I am also considering the PRL SRI and would love to hear your thoughts!

OP
OP
Angus

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Awesome! Give an update when its installed! I am also considering the PRL SRI and would love to hear your thoughts!
Only thirty more minutes until I have only a half hour of work left so that I can get home and install it!!

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
You said you did not want power GAINS but sound only ... the problem is that with a short ram intake you will get massive heat soak and loose performance over all. Members have resorted to either going back to stock or trying to pack the areas with something to block the air like foam barriers.

Maleton3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (Tonic Yellow Pearl)
Country flag
You said you did not want power GAINS but sound only ... the problem is that with a short ram intake you will get massive heat soak and loose performance over all. Members have resorted to either going back to stock or trying to pack the areas with something to block the air like foam barriers.
That is debatable, especially on a Turbocharged engine where the turbocharger heats the hell out of that air anyways before it even hits the engine, truth be told if we were worried about air temps that much an intercooler upgrade is probably more worthwhile. PRL stated they did not see any heatsoak / performance losses when they were using the SRI, and do claim some performance gains. and forum members have also reported that the IAT with the SRI is no different than with the stock airbox or always within a few degrees. Now is it a CAI? No. But an SRI does allow for more airflow than the stock airbox and as such should have some gain over stock (Not CAI numbers though). The only case I have heard where heatsoak MAY occur is idling with extremely hot ambient temperatures, and some forum members have even debated if a CAI is excellent at that point due to high asphalt temperatures when in extremely hot climates.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
all that glitters is not gold

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
all that glitters is not gold

The Injen one is particularly bad, that heat soaks like a MF.

My Mishimoto intake doesn't heat soak badly at all except in complete stand-still traffic. Similar IATs to the stock airbox once moving and actually cools better than the stock box on the highway.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I'm getting a short intake. Not concerned with power gains, I want sound. So far, I seem to like the sound of the K&N best. I'm also tossing around Injen and PRL. Advice? Again, power gain means nothing to me. Thanks!

You should get injen...

If you HATE your car.
Sponsored