Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
This morning I took my Si to the muffler shop. Got a muffler delete. They did a great job and the price was right.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
:doh: why not just get an aftermarket exhaust for louder sound without the drone?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I wonder if the job was botched. Someone else reported that in a botched job the muffler shop welds to the frame of the car, This would cause a massive vibration and secondary drone not associated with the mod itself. Removing both mufflers and leaving the stock resonator should NOT result in overbearing drone, I question the job. I am looking to ante up the full $1200 bucks on the Borla. I laughed my ass off reading this post because I too have done ... the wife is away ... now is the time to get the heavy metal done! LOL ... I am 53 years old. Your best bet is to take a stand and say to the wife F it ... you do your nails and hair and all the other BS ... this is MY time !!! You will gain far more respect by taking no comprise on your car. I have been married for 23 years and THIS is the only non compromise for me ... so even if she does NOT say if you take control SHE will give you props for it silently... I mean ... my wife can not even drive a stick shift. LOL ... Trust me on this one ...

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
interesting to me that some folks appreciate stock, some want loud as hell and some just can not tolerate drone. It seems the OP is experiencing cognitive dissonance ... I have been in this position so I get it.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I’m glad I never did this... as bad as I want my car to be louder, I didn’t think hacking off mufflers or resonators is something I was interested in doing. That’s why I’m gonna go with the 27Won system even though it’s going to put a hurt on my wallet, but should be worth it.

I’ve read people literally getting a magnaflow or Flowmaster mufflers with vibrant resonators and tips for only around $150 and seem to get great results for a budget system.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Any pics of how it was done?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
To what end ? What would pics show ?
The shop did a good job. Not their fault.
The pic would have shown where they cut, did they just replace the mufflers with a single exhaust or dual pipes into one exhaust outlet like mine.

Bru87tr

I wonder if the job was botched. Someone else reported that in a botched job the muffler shop welds to the frame of the car, This would cause a massive vibration and secondary drone not associated with the mod itself. Removing both mufflers and leaving the stock resonator should NOT result in overbearing drone, I question the job. I am looking to ante up the full $1200 bucks on the Borla. I laughed my ass off reading this post because I too have done ... the wife is away ... now is the time to get the heavy metal done! LOL ... I am 53 years old. Your best bet is to take a stand and say to the wife F it ... you do your nails and hair and all the other BS ... this is MY time !!! You will gain far more respect by taking no comprise on your car. I have been married for 23 years and THIS is the only non compromise for me ... so even if she does NOT say if you take control SHE will give you props for it silently... I mean ... my wife can not even drive a stick shift. LOL ... Trust me on this one ...
TRUTH!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Muffler deletes don't just quite work the way they used to. Modern engines now have direct injection, large amounts of overlap, and way more cam timing than before. All these effects how the exhaust gases leave the engine and therefore the engine noise that is output. Our system is certainly on the higher end of the market but we also took months and months to eliminate the drone and tune the system. It's also why we offer the system as a true turbo back so you can get a full system dialed in to work with the car.
Sponsored