Had her for 2 months!! 19’ si...Stupid lady in suburban SMFH USE YOUR MIRRORS LADY!!

Gallo_vera

First Name
Jayro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
some lady was reversing out of her parking space and didnt see I was already reversing and she hit my car!! So sad, but her insurance boutta go up cause I’ma get her fixed for sure!

Honda Civic 10th gen Had her for 2 months!! 19’ si...Stupid lady in suburban SMFH USE YOUR MIRRORS LADY!! DD74ABC0-AD37-44D2-A21E-071E60689262
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
some lady was reversing out of her parking space and didnt see I was already reversing and she hit my car!! So sad, but her insurance boutta go up cause I’ma get her fixed for sure!

DD74ABC0-AD37-44D2-A21E-071E60689262.jpeg
This is why we need dash cams lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Had her for 2 months!! 19’ si...Stupid lady in suburban SMFH USE YOUR MIRRORS LADY!! ouch

Here is the result of someone doing an improper lane change. $10K later she is all new.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DD74ABC0-AD37-44D2-A21E-071E60689262.jpeg
Pretty stout dent, but if there’s no real damage to the paint, a good PDR technician will make that disappear.
Added bonus... no panel repaint and blending.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sadly, there is paint damage, there’s a pretty deep scratch about 6 inches in the middle of the dent that you can’t really see in this photo.
The scratch could probably be buffed out or touched up.
Go get an opinion or two from a PDR guy before you get it repaired
I had PDR done on the wife’s Odyssey, there was a scratch present also and the tech had no problem with it.
Only problem for a PDR tech is if the finish is cracked or if there is paint missing.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've been hit so many times I can't even get it fixed from comprehensive lmao

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Had her for 2 months!! 19’ si...Stupid lady in suburban SMFH USE YOUR MIRRORS LADY!! 20190530_091353
It was a female driver who hit me. Early 50's, talking about how she couldn't wait for the police because she was going to see Cher in Newark. Real Housewives of NJ type. Told her she would be making a big mistake if she left the scene of an accident. Oddly enough my dashcam did not capture the event. It was a very light hit really but still did damage. Scuffed up the wheel a bit and put a small gash is the sidewall of the tire. So I explained to her insurance(Allstate) that the tire pressure monitoring uses the ABS sensor and that replacing only a single tire would result in an error light since the rotational mass would be off. They agreed and replaced the opposite side tire too. Now I am having them rotated to put the new tires in the front.

23,800 miles on the rear tires and 0 miles on the front. Her insurance covered a rental car, a 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan. It was nice to drive that for 2 weeks to see what it was like. Lousy on fuel economy (22-26mpg) but lots of usable room. I liked that the seats could fold into the floor. After a few days though I really missed my Civic. Headed to the dealer at noon to have the fuel/oil/a.c. update/tsb performed. 15% oil life left so the free oil change timing is nearly ideal. Only 8300 miles on this oil change.

Last edited:

CBR600F4i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
The scratch could probably be buffed out or touched up.
Go get an opinion or two from a PDR guy before you get it repaired
I had PDR done on the wife’s Odyssey, there was a scratch present also and the tech had no problem with it.
Only problem for a PDR tech is if the finish is cracked or if there is paint missing.
Hmmm...could that open the door (no pun intended) to rust issues maybe? Not saying it will but just thinking of some potential issues further down the line if the scratch isn't properly sealed or dealt with.
Sponsored