Blinking Brake Lights Ontario

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
Just installed my blinking brake lights and they are awesome.

I wanted to know if anyone else in Ontario have these type of lights on their car and have had any problem with the law?

I mean they blink fairly quickly ( like 6 times) then go solid, can i really be bad if its not steady flashing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
OceansX

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Chances are you will never have an issue....if you get a picky cop who is behind you, you might have a problem,

I drove for years with a blinking stop/tail light on my motorcycles and never had an issue, but on a bike I honestly believed it was safer that way.....on a car I don't believe it makes a difference,

I did it honestly for safety....I also had both rear turn signals hooked up to flash like your hazards were on when i engaged my brakes.....are you doing it just to "look cool"??....a cop would believe my story more easily on a motorcycle then in a car,

Having said all this, yes you can get a ticket, so it's your choice to make,
To be honest it does look cool but i did it for safety...ive seen so many rear end accidents in brampton its not funny...plus ive been hit once before by a chick who wasnt paying attention..hopefully ill b ok. Just wanted to hear other experiences in canada

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be honest it does look cool but i did it for safety...ive seen so many rear end accidents in brampton its not funny...plus ive been hit once before by a chick who wasnt paying attention..hopefully ill b ok. Just wanted to hear other experiences in canada
any Flashing red in any direction of the vehicle is restricted for law enforcement vehicle. Technically, your blinking brake light is against the law.
Depends on the region, toronto police are more asshole... york region police seldom bother with this thing..

Temesvar

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Si
Country flag
I have it on motorcycles for years, and yes, i consider a safety issue. Motorcycles being smaller, are harder to notice how quirk they slow down.
Never had an issue anywhere. Was thinking about installing a set on the car, but i don't see it is necessary. If the car behind me is very close,
i pump the brakes a couple of times, just to attract his attention. As the lights flash very fast, for maybe 2 sec. so is not a continuous flashing.
I don't see it as law obstruction. Yet for a picky cop it may be a reason to stop you, and find some other issues to give you a ticket!

OP
OP
OceansX

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i am thinking a better way to go is the progressive led tail lights. it will attract as much attention without being illegal.
What do these look like?

Popee

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic touring
Country flag
Just installed my blinking brake lights and they are awesome.

I wanted to know if anyone else in Ontario have these type of lights on their car and have had any problem with the law?

I mean they blink fairly quickly ( like 6 times) then go solid, can i really be bad if its not steady flashing?
Any update on this..... I just order a set as well plan on installing them soon

OP
OP
OceansX

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well ive been driving around and not gotten pulled over or told anything. Ive had cops behind me and all...i guess its not a big issue?

OP
OP
OceansX

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well ive been driving around and not gotten pulled over or told anything. Ive had cops behind me and all...i guess its not a big issue?

Popee

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic touring
Country flag
Thanks for the update !!! I seen a few in where i am but mostly in the 3rd brake light... not in the taillights, how i want it

OP
OP
OceansX

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for necro'ing an older thread but is it still going ticket free so far?
Yup no tickets..I've driving next to so many cops and none pulled me over

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Yup no tickets..I've driving next to so many cops and none pulled me over
Good to know. I didn't know they existed until I was in Toronto on Thanksgiving weekend in my CTR's first road trip, and I happened to be behind a FD2R conversion with the lights. Fell in love ever since haha.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Where you guys buying this? I want one on my center brake light only.
Sponsored