Phoenix Automotive - PX6 Android HU?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I apologize in advanced for starting yet another thread regarding these full Android HUs. The existing threads are all very long already.

So I came across the Phoenix Automotive PX6 Android HU. It looks great. Their site claims all stock functionality is preserved when using their HUs.

Anyone here have experience with their newer PX6 (vs. PX5, PX3) in the 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback? Are all stock / OEM functionality really preserved? It'll work with the stock microphone for calls, stock GPS antenna for navigation, stock steering wheel controls, etc.?

With the stock HU, I like how I can change backup camera view to very wide. I wonder if that's also still available in this PX6.

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...-honda-civic-2016-2017?variant=18681186811961
Sponsored

Shiznitz21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Lunar Silver
Country flag
I apologize in advanced for starting yet another thread regarding these full Android HUs. The existing threads are all very long already.

So I came across the Phoenix Automotive PX6 Android HU. It looks great. Their site claims all stock functionality is preserved when using their HUs.

Anyone here have experience with their newer PX6 (vs. PX5, PX3) in the 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback? Are all stock / OEM functionality really preserved? It'll work with the stock microphone for calls, stock GPS antenna for navigation, stock steering wheel controls, etc.?

With the stock HU, I like how I can change backup camera view to very wide. I wonder if that's also still available in this PX6.

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...-honda-civic-2016-2017?variant=18681186811961
I've been looking into this as well for my 2019 sport touring hatch. From what I gather, everything works except you have to bypass the upgraded amp. It looks simple enough to do (wiring is located in the panel by the rear passenger door). I was able to find one video showing the bypass. My only concern would be what that does to the sound. From everything else I've seen online, this HU maintains all other functionality of the car...steering wheel controls, cameras, etc.

I recently did the Honda Hack on the stock HU and thought that would be enough to make me feel ok about it, but the HU is so SLOW that apps don't run very well at all on it.

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
i confirm i have use hondahack but car audio is this model
http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?id=79b5-a32b-0033-c58700000000
too slow with 1gb memory
i think install other head unit (phoenix or joying)in my audio premium 11speaker

original car audio launch and apply is slow (i have uninstall google play service)

my car honda civic X 1.0 executiv european model

OP
OP

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I've been looking into this as well for my 2019 sport touring hatch. From what I gather, everything works except you have to bypass the upgraded amp. It looks simple enough to do (wiring is located in the panel by the rear passenger door). I was able to find one video showing the bypass. My only concern would be what that does to the sound. From everything else I've seen online, this HU maintains all other functionality of the car...steering wheel controls, cameras, etc.

I recently did the Honda Hack on the stock HU and thought that would be enough to make me feel ok about it, but the HU is so SLOW that apps don't run very well at all on it.
Care to link to the bypass video? I finally installed the 10.4" android unit, but don't hear any audio. Everything was supposed to be plug and play. Its harness has pins and wires for all of the speakers.
Sponsored