First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone please remind me how to use a “Add A Fuse”? I know the fuse I’m replacing in the fuse box goes into the “add a fuse” but what additional fuse goes into the Add a fuse? Let’s say I replace 22 for the daytime running lights which is a 10 I believe. Do I just put that 10 in there and both the led lights and running lights run off that or do I need to add another fuse? If so what size?

Thanks.
It requires 2 fuses. I just match the size of the fuse I pulled.
Sponsored

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I’m using a slot for 10 I would use 2 5’s in the ‘add a fuse’ then so the total is still 10?
Here maybe this will help. Use the same size fuse that you pulled out of the fuse box(If you pull a 10 use a 10, and the second fuse (for the LED lights) should be the appropriate size for the wiring and amps.

https://www.oznium.com/blog/how-to-determine-the-fuse-wire-size-for-your-project/

BTW after looking this up for you, I need to go back and reevaluate mine.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Anybody the specs of these lights from the manual? I'm going to be using a relay to hardwire it so it's only on when the headlights are on which will handle it turning on with doors (I only want them on at night) and want to make sure I tap into an adequate constant wire. Also, the app handles dimming, right?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody the specs of these lights from the manual? I'm going to be using a relay to hardwire it so it's only on when the headlights are on which will handle it turning on with doors (I only want them on at night) and want to make sure I tap into an adequate constant wire. Also, the app handles dimming, right?
Which lights are you referring to? As far as which fuse to tap for them to operate with the headlights, I am unaware. Mine are setup for when the doors open and while the car is on they are on.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Which lights are you referring to? As far as which fuse to tap for them to operate with the headlights, I am unaware. Mine are setup for when the doors open and while the car is on they are on.
The OPT7 Aurapro kit

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the help! I ended up using a relay and tapping an unused constant fuse. I did a more permanent install and spliced into head lights @ the bcm. I could've just grounded to that head light wire but I'd rather have 150 mA additional current than 4-6 A for the whole setup.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the help! I ended up using a relay and tapping an unused constant fuse. I did a more permanent install and spliced into head lights @ the bcm. I could've just grounded to that head light wire but I'd rather have 150 mA additional current than 4-6 A for the whole setup.
I dont know how much help I was, but I am glad you got it figured out!

Ouhuyy

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Sorry to raise an older thread, but according to the relay schematic it goes 87a+85 to ground, 86 to 12v acc, 87 to purple switched ground, and then the 30 output to the - aux wire and + aux wire to 12v constant right? For some reason it isnt working in that config for me, any thoughts?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sorry to raise an older thread, but according to the relay schematic it goes 87a+85 to ground, 86 to 12v acc, 87 to purple switched ground, and then the 30 output to the - aux wire and + aux wire to 12v constant right? For some reason it isnt working in that config for me, any thoughts?
85 & 86 are what activates the relay. 85 should always be permanent ground whereas 86 should be acc as you have it wired. 87a doesn't have to be hooked up to anything as it won't be doing anything. But I don't understand why you'd be using a relay as a ground. What are you trying to do exactly?

Edit: ignore my ground comment. But either way, the set up should work but you don't need 87a hooked up to anything.

Last edited:

Ouhuyy

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
85 & 86 are what activates the relay. 85 should always be permanent ground whereas 86 should be acc as you have it wired. 87a doesn't have to be hooked up to anything as it won't be doing anything. But I don't understand why you'd be using a relay as a ground. What are you trying to do exactly?

Edit: ignore my ground comment. But either way, the set up should work but you don't need 87a hooked up to anything.
Thank you for your quick reply! Ill detach the 87a from the 85 tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Ill also have to meter the purple to see if its switched ground or always grounded. Thanks again!

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you for your quick reply! Ill detach the 87a from the 85 tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Ill also have to meter the purple to see if its switched ground or always grounded. Thanks again!
Just ground it if it's switched ground. It's not connected until the relay is activated.